Track 10

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

"Bored~" whined Dong Woo in a low voice as he lay beside Sung Jong on the floor.

"Bored~" Sung Jong replied in a higher pitch.

"Bored~" Dong Woo repeated in an even higher pitch as he looked directly at Sung Jong a smile playing on his lips.

Sung Jong then smirked at his hyung then cried the word "Bored~" in the highest pitch he could muster.

Dong Woo then sat up pointed a finger gun onto himself then exclaimed "Bang!" before lying onto the floor again, admitting defeat. The two of them then started laughing at their childish antics before falling silent once again then simultaneously cried the word:

"Bored~"

It was the weekend and the two of them didn't plan anything for today. Hoya has a part time job at the newly opened mall making it more boring as the two of them lay idly on the floor of Sung Jong's living room.

At that exact moment Sung Gyu entered the living room where the two friends were lying on the floor. Sung Jong then rolled over so that he was lying on his stomach to get a better view of his hyung, Dong Woo followed suit. The three of them had a mini staring contest before the two friends complained to the elder.

"Hyung!!" cried Dong Woo and Sung Jong simultaneously. "We're bored~"

"What do you want me to do about it?" Sung Gyu replied boredly as he sat on the couch then the TV to start flipping through channels.

"I don't know hyung," replied Sung Jong. "Entertain us please."

Sung Gyu then gave an incredulous look at his dongsaeng's statement. Sung Jong then replied with his puppy look making Sung Gyu look away to avoid being hypnotized by it.

"If you really want to be entertained then how about you go out?" suggested Sung Gyu.

Dong Woo and Sung Jong then looked at each other contemplating what their hyung just said. Go out? Go where? The two of them thought of going out before but they seriously didn't know where to go. Seeing their confused desperate looks Sung Gyu decided to help them decide where to go.

"Isn't Hoya working part time at the newly opened mall?" started Sung Gyu. "Why don't you go there and give him a visit while touring the mall."

"This is why you've been class president for 5 straight years Gyu-hyung." grinned Dong Woo as he stood up along with Sung Jong. "Get your shoes Jongie! We're going to the mall!"

 

Sung Jong and Dong Woo then went to the mall - but first they asked Sung Gyu for money of course. The new mall was bigger than its competitors giving it a complete advantage. The two of them would easily get lost if Sung Jong didn't have the common sense to ask for directions from the concierge, unlike his best friend who stubbornly says it would be like a treasure hunt.

"What's the name of the shop again hyung?" Sung Jong asked Dong Woo so that he could ask for proper directions.

"Inspiritful Cafe." Dong Woo replied and then the lady at the concierge gave them directions.

 

When the two of them arrived at Inspiritful Cafe they had to rub their eyes and pich themselves to make sure they were seeing right and that they weren't dreaming. Inspiritful Cafe was a cafe alright, but what Hoya forgot to mention - or Dong Woo just simply forgot - was that the cafe he works at was a themed cafe, a maid theme to be exact. The two of them could clearly see the anime feel the shop projected and the cute girls dressed up in different colored costumes. They could also see how busy it was.

The two of them then cautiously entered the shop and was instantly greeted with a warm smile by the girl ushering the new gusts to their designated places.

"Welcome home Master." the girl happily chimed. "Table for two?"

Sung Jong just dumbly nodded, he was still quiet amazed by this shop. It was the first time he stepped inside one and being called 'master' made him blush.

"Then right this way master." she then led them to a seat infront of the counter then handed them two menus before she left to return to her podium in front of the shop.

As soon as they opened the menu you could instantly see Sung Jong's eyes light up with glee. The pages of the menu was filled with all kinds of sweets, from biscuits to cakes, teas to shakes, almost every food with large amounts of sugar was on the menu.

"Are you ready to order master?" a bubbly girl suddenly asked them. Dong Woo just ordered their famous Omurice with 2 of their Oreo Cheesecake while Sung Jong ordered 7 different kinds of cake amazing their waitress. "Let me just repeat your orders masters. 1 Omurice, 2 Oreo Cheesecake, then 1 slice of Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Opera, Ice Cream Cake, Kladdkaka, Lemon Cake, Mille-feuille and a Cinnamon Roll. Then Earl Gray Tea." the waitress recited with a huff at the end.

"Yup." Sung Jong smiled gleefully as they handed the menu back to their waitress.

"Please wait for a few minutes masters."

 

When their orders came the two of them were simply amazed by the presentation of the cakes. They were clearly well made, even the Omurice had a ketchup heart in the middle.

"Hmm~" Sung Jong mused with a happy face as he took a bite from his Cinnamon Roll. "Sooo good hyung~"

Dong Woo's face was unreadable as he took a bite from his Omurice. It tasted... well... familiar. He then took another bite then finally determined the familiar taste. He then called for a waitress to ask something confusing Sung Jong a bit.

"Doesn't it taste good Woo?" asked the younger.

"That's just not it Jongie. It tastes great!" replied Dong Woo as a waitress approached them. "Is a Lee Howon working here?"

"Why yes." the waitress smiled. "His one of our best chefs. Are you friends with Howon-sshi?"

"Yeah. We are." Dong Woo replied.

"Should I call him for you?"

"If it wouldn't be a hassle for you Narsha-noona." the dancer replied addressing the waitress with the name on her tag.

"Nonsense." laughed Narsha. "We've been having such a hectic first day because of the lack of staff so I think seeing his friends would release some stress from Howonnie."

She then went over the counter then called out Hoya's name through the pick up window that leads to the kitchen. As soon as Hoya's tired face popped from the window Dong Woo and Sung Jong waved happily to him getting rid of his frown and then he went out of the kitchen to greet them.

"Dong Woo!" cried Hoya as he made his way to the front of the counter.

"So he's your beloved Dong Woo." giggled Narsha.

"Noona!" exclaimed Hoya with slightly pink cheeks. "Look. There are more customers coming in. Go and wait for them or something."

"Ah, I missed being young." teased their noona. "Well don't take to long cause we have lots of customers waiting."

"What are you two doing here?" Hoya asked as his noona left.

"We were bored." Dong Woo replied simply as he took another bite from his food. "Your cooking is amazing as always by the way." complimented his lover as Sung Jong gave a thumbs up of approval.

"Thanks." replied Hoya. "If I knew it would be you guys eating those I would have added more than a heart on your Omurice and a few more strawberries on your shortcake."

"Don't worry hyung. It still tastes great." Sung Jong said as he started on his third cake.

"Well then," started Hoya as he looked at the amount of people entering. "I better get back to work. More and more people are just entering." after one more smile Hoya left the two of them to enjoy their meal snd he got back to work.

 

When Dong Woo and Sung Jong finally finished their meal it was just 12 o' clock and the amount of people entering just kept increasing. The store even placed tables outside now so that they can accomodate all of the incoming customers.

"You've got a really busy first day huh?" Dong Woo mused as Narsha gave them their bill.

"I know right." Narsha sighed. "I'm happy that this store is being accepted but our staff is just so low for now."

"I wish we could help." Sung Jong sighed. Then suddenly Narsha's eyes brightened up.

"You could!" Narsha said excitedly. "Would you like to work full time just for today?"

"Can we?" Dong Woo asked a bit happily as Narsha nodded. "Let's do it Jongie."

"What do we have to do?" asked Sung Jong.

"Well... can you cook?" asked the waitress. Dong Woo nodded, he learned a thing or two over the years with Hoya, but Sung Jong shook his head knowing that his cooking skills once gave his friends a bad stomach ache.

"Then Dong Woo can work in the kitchen with Howon." smiled Narsh. She then looked at Sung Jong and then started analyzing his face. "You're really pretty you know. Prettier than a girl if I must say." Narsha then smiled at Sung Jong giving him bad vibes. "I know the perfect job for you."

 

A few minutes later and you can see Dong Woo wearing the same chef's outfit that Hoya was wearing. As Hoya helped his lover with his uniform they suddenly heard Sung Jong's words of protests as Narsha helped him wear his uniform inside the employee's locker room.

"No!" cried Sung Jong.

"Come on Jongie. It's not that hard to wear you know." retorted Narsha.

"Why can't I be a bus boy instead?"

"And ruin those delicate hands of yours?" Narsha said a bit flabbergasted. "No. So wear this instead."

"But it's embarrasing noona." whined Sung Jong.

"You have to make sacrifices if you want those free treats Jongie." the waitress replied sternly.

"Fine." Sung Jong sighed he then stepped out into the open shocking Hoya and Dong Woo in the process.

Inspiritful Cafe didn't only lack in chefs but they also lacked in waitresses which is why Sung Jong's pretty face was a perfect candidate for the waitress vacancy. The young boy was obviously protesting at first but the promise of cake-all-you-can by the end of the day was just so tempting he ended up in a pink dress with a matching ribbon on his pig tailed wig.

 

"Wow." was all Dong Woo managed to say amazed at how pretty his best friend can be as a girl.

"Isn't he pretty." Narsha said, proud of her achievement on the young lad. "I didn't even have to put much make up on him since his skin is already smooth and his feature are like a girls."

"You sure you're a boy Jongie?" joked Hoya earning him a small glare from the younger.

"Come on now." Dong Woo butted in. "Let's get to work."

"This event does not leave the four walls of this cafe." Sung Jong warned them as he took a tray then started to welcome guests.

 

After Sung Jong's third customer he started to get the hang of it, calling the customer's 'master' bothered him a bit before but now he thought it was fun doing it. He was happily accepted by the customers some even designated him as their waitress, Narsha deemed Sung Jong a natural maid waitress and then left him so that he could serve the customers by himself. No one noticed that he was actually a boy, no one inside the cafe that is.

 

"Myung!" cried Sung Yeol as the two of them walked through the new mall. "It's one of those maid themed cafe."

"This mall really has everything huh." mused Myung Soo but suddenly something, more specifically someone caught his eye. "Hey Yeol," started Myung Soo as he grabbed his friend by the collar. "Look at that pink maid over there."

"She caught your eye too?" Sung Yeol said because he was staring at the same maid too. "She's pretty cute huh?"

"Yeah she is," Myung Soo replied a bit dazed. "She kinda reminds me of someone."

"You think so? Well now that you look at her more closely she does kinda resemble Sung Jongie." Sung Yeol said without really thinking but it sent a wave of realization at the two boys as they hurried to the shop to have a better look.

"It is Sung Jong!" cried Sung Yeol with a smile. "He looks cute in a dress."

"Yeah," smiled Myung Soo. "Let's go in."

 

The two of them then approached the lady at the podium to ask for seats.

"Welcome home master." chimed the perky waitress. "Please follow me to your table."

As Myung Soo and Sung Yeol satd down the two of them instantly hid their faces in the menu.

"Why are we hiding?" Myung Soo asked in a whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" Sung Yeol retorted but also in a whisper.

"I don't know." Myung Soo replied but suddenly their hushed conversation was interrupted by an angelic voice that they bothe knew well who it belonged to.

"Have you finshed deciding masters?" Sung Jong asked innocently not recognizing the two.

"Umm.." mused Sung Yeol as he showed his face, shocking Sung Jong in the process. "What would you suggest?"

Sung Jong couldn't answer, he then slowly turned his head towards Myung Soo's direction adding to his shock as he was the kingkas amused smile.

"I think I'll have Sachertorte and Darjeeling tea." Myung Soo gave his order with a smile.

"So what do you suggest?" smirked Sung Yeol. Sung Jong then mumbled some incoherent words as he tried to hide his tomato red face with his note pad. "What was that, noona?"

Sung Jong then slumped down the floor praying to god that he take him away from the face of the earth right now. He couldn't even imagin how red his face must be right now since he could feel like it's as if it's on fire.

"Why are you so embarrased Jongie?" Sung Yeol asked as he pulled the younger up and lowered down his notepad to give full view of his red face. "You look really cute in that dress you know." complimented the chodding as he pinched the blushing lad's cheeks.

"No I don't." Sung Jong replied with an adorable pout.

"Yes you are." Myung Soo insisted with a smile.

"I told you so." added Sung Yeol. "I think I've decided on my order already. I'll just have what Myung is having."

"So that'll be 2 orders of Sachertorte and two cups of Darjeeling tea." Sung Jong repeated as he hid his face behind the note pad again.

"Aren't you supposed to call us 'master'?" Sung Yeol teased.

Sung Jong then pouted at his hyung before puffing his cheeks adorably and then saying: "Please wait a while... master." he then ran of leaving 2 kingkas' hearts beating fast.

When Sung Jong got back with their orders his face was no longer red but he still won't look at the two kingkas directly.

"Enjoy your meals masters."

"Uwah." cried Sung Yeol. "They look so good. I think it's such a waste to eat them and destroy their designs."

"Dong Woo and Hoya made those you know." Sung Jong explained.

"Dong Woo?!?" Sung Yeol exclaimed staring at the .

"Hoya I can understand but I also can't imagine Dong Woo in the kitchen." Myung Soo said.

"I can hear you two you know!" cried Dong Woo as he and Hoya suddenly went out of the kitchen to greet the two. "And to think I added extra chocolate to your slices."

"Hehehe." Sung Yeol laughed sheepishly. "Sorry. I'll now enjoy your cake happily."

"Good." Myung Soo simply said as he took in his first bite. Sung Yeol simply gave Dong Woo a childish smile.

"I'm glad you like it." Hoya said with an appreciative look.

"Aish hyung." Sung Jong suddenly said as he looked directly at Sung Yeol. He then wiped the icing away from the elder's mouth making Sung Yeol blush. "You eat like a kid hyung."

He then the icing of his finger making Sung Yeol and Myung Soo stare at him.

"What?" asked Sung Jong as he saw the two gawk at him. He then realized what he had done then started to blush like mad once again. "It - it was out of instinct okay! Gyu-hyung always does that to me."

"It's fine Jongie." Sung Yeol reassured him with a small smile albeit his cheeks were still pink.

Their little awkward but cute moment was suddenly interrupted when Narsha approached them looking a bit frantic and worried.

"Howon!" cried Narsha. "Our musical act can't come!"

"What?" exclaimed Hoya, a look of panic on his face. "But our signs outside said there'll be a musical guest. , what'll we do?"

Hearing their conversation Dong Woo felt a little bad for them, especially when he saw Hoya's panic stricken face. His eyes the landed on Sung Jong's worried face and then an idea hit him like how a lightning bolt would hit a tree.

"Did you say who the musical act is?" Dong Woo asked catching the other's attention.

"No." Narsha replied while shaking her head.

"Then you have your musical guest right here." Dong Woo said proudly as he slung an arm around Sung Jong's shoulder.

"Me?" cried Sung Jong completely shock by his best friend's sudden statement.

"Can you sing Jongie?" Narsha asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"Can he sing?" Sung Yeol said sarcastically as he also slung an arm around Sung Jong's shoulder. "His voice is just pure melody."

"Wait!" cried Sung Jong as he shrugged the arms of his shoulder then looked at his hyungs. "Will you guys stop saying such non-sensical things! You know I can't sing in front of people."

"But you're not gonna sing in front of all those people Jong." Hoya stated. "You're gonna sing there as 'Jong Sung-noona'."

Sung Jong just gave Hoya an 'are-you-serious' look which Hoya replied with a 'we're-desperate-so-please-do-it' look. Sung Jong didn't know what to say, it was the first time Hoya asked him for something and he didn't want to let his hyung down but as he looked around the store his knees are already feeling weak just thinking about singing in front of all these people.

"I won't force you Sung Jongie." Narsha suddenly said with a sad smile as she placed a hnad atop the feminine boy's shoulder making him feel bad about himself. Sung Jong then bit his lower lip before breathing in deep.

"I... I want to do it, but," at this Sung Jong's voice quivered a little as he looked at the stage then to the crowd.

Then suddenly he felt a warm hand intertwine their fingers with his making him calm down somehow. As he looked behind him he saw his hyung's smiling face as he held his hand.

"I'll sing with you Jongie."

 


 

I'm so sorry >.< it's been such a long time since I updated this and I feel like this latest update was kinda boring T^T

school is being a nowadays and unlike other es which I could just ignore - or kill - this one just won't leave me alone >.<

again I'm really sorry but now it takes me a few days to just finish one chapter T^T

 

inspirit_shawol: kekeke~ I'm glad you still liked it even though you don't ship it ^^

BerrieDust: thank you ^^ and I'm so happy that this story finally had some YaDong =) sorry that it took me a while though =P

LeeTacyeon: IKR XD I sometimes rewatch those funny parts whenever I have nothing to do XD

miss-simple: thank you ^^ and I just love imagining a blushing Dongwoo ^^

mar1adyve5sa: whenever Hoya and Dongwoo dances together I can't help but repeat the video a few times over because they really compliment each other well ^^ plus they're just some seriously awesome dancers =)

dokidoki_kawaiidesu: my main OTP is MyungJong ^^ then YeolJong, then WooJong. WooYa and DongSoo are growing on me right now ^^

nguyenamyblob: IKR! it's like two awesome people get together to form an awesome couple XD

inspirit4infinite: we need the Infinite YaDong in our life ^^ [not the Korean yadong... a lot of that would make each and every person on the street ...]

namikaze_jkc: YaDong is such a funny and cute pairing to me ^^ and please do read my other fics =)

renprix: MyungJongYeol would get together ^^ but in a different way ;)

toshiba19: thank you ^^ and Hoya is just such a sweet boyfriend like that =)