Track 12

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

Disclaimer: the song used in this chapter is 4am by IU ^^

 


 

♪ ♫ geujeo soril deutgo itji [I'm just listening to the sound]

gasa eobsi heungeolgeoriji [I hum along without the lyrics]

chokchokhan geu mellodi [That wet melody]

jeongsineobsi eojireoun biteu [The mindlessly dizzy beat]

haega tteumyeon heunjeogeobsi [But when the sun rises]

modu ichyeojigetji [Everything will be forgotten without a trace]♪♫

 

“Can’t sleep?”  voice from Sungjong’s door was suddenly heard.

“Hyung!” cried the musician as he held his shirt above his heart. “There’s a thing called knocking you know.”

“And there’s a thing called sleeping,” laughed Sunggyu as he entered the room and sat on the bed. “You should try it right now.”

“I could say the same thing to you hyung,” retorted Sungjong. “It’s already 4 in the morning, what brings you to my room?”

“I just finished planning the protocol for tomorrow,” Sunggyu said as he lay down on Sungjong’s soft and inviting mattress. “Your pillows are so soft.”

“Which is why I like to lie on them,” giggled the younger Sung.

“Neh Jongie,” Sunggyu mumbled. “Can I sleep here tonight?”

“Sure Gyu-hyung, you already look so comfortable there anyways.”

“And Jongie?” the elder said with half closed eyes. “I like that new song of yours.”

“Thanks,” Sungjong replied with a smile. “The tune was bugging me since this morning so I just had to write it down.”

“You’re just like mom when he thinks of new piano pieces,” laughed Sunggyu. “He never sleeps until he finishes it.”

“At least we know from whom I inherited it,” Sungjong replied with an amused smile. “Now move over so I can sleep too.”

“Can you play that song first though?” Sunggyu requested as he edged to the side to give room to his favorite dongsaeng.

“Sure hyung,” with that said Sungjong played the newly finished song and placed it on repeat at his hyung’s request then laid next to Sunggyu so that the two of them could drift off to dreamland.

“It sounds just like a lullaby,” mused Sunggyu as he let the song carry him to sleep.

 

The next morning at Woolim High you could see people running around the halls with different decorations in hand. Some students were in costumes and every club room and classroom was filled with the hustle and bustle of preparing for the school festival. Now I won’t bore you by going through every classroom’s preparation but instead we will zoom in on one class, Sungjong’s class to be exact.

“So are you guys ready?” their class president, Doo Joon, said.

“Hell yeah!!” the class cheered for they were super excited about the task that the student council gave them.

“Remember,” their vice president, Yoseob, added. “No mercy. Even if your friends are ‘it’ you catch them and lock them up in our classroom for 30 minutes or they can pay the fine of 1000 won.”

Now you see Sungjong’s class was given a very important task by the student council they are in charge of the Jail Booth. Now here is how the Jail Booth works: Doo Joon and Yoseob would assign a specific characteristic and everyone who has that would be ‘it’ and has to be captured and locked up in ‘jail’ aka their classroom, for example: Doo Joon would text them to capture everyone wearing sneakers and that’s what they’ll do whether it’s a friend or a parent as long as they are wearing sneakers then they are going to be captured and locked up in jail for 30 minutes or they could pay the fine of 1000 won. Now the assigned characteristic can change whenever Doo Joon or Yoseob would like to change it. Easy right?

“All right,” Doo Joon started. “The first ‘its’ for the day are those in red. Ready? Now go!”

And with that said class 1-B raced out of the room and started searching for people in red, the whole class except for Sungjong. He didn’t really feel like running around and capturing people for he felt far too sleepy to do it. So instead of going to the school grounds he went up straight to the roof top not noticing the pair of black eyes following him.

“Ah~” Sungjong cried as he stretched his arms as he lay down on the school’s roof top not noticing the shadow behind him, as soon as he closed his eyes though he immediately felt a dark shadow loom over him along with a cool voice.

“Comfortable now are we?”

“Myung-hyung,” Sungjong acknowledged the other with a sleepy voice.

“What are doing way up here Jongie?” Myungsoo asked.

“I always come here when I need more time to sleep.” Sungjong replied with closed eyes. “Staring at the sky calms me. What are you doing here anyways hyung? Shouldn’t you be capturing people instead?”

“Eh, I’d rather capture you instead,” Myungsoo smiled as he lay down next to him.

Sungjong stared at the elder with wide eyes and a blushing face he kept opening and closing his mouth like a fish but no words came out.

“People would laugh at you if you keep making that face Jongie,” Myungsoo smiled as he stared straight at the other.

“You,” the younger started. “You’re getting cheesy.”

“Actually,” Myungsoo replied. “I’m getting sleepy.”

“Then sleep hyung,” smiled Sungjong. “So that I can sleep too.”

And with that said the two of them shut off the world around them and slept by each other’s side. While those two slept together a certain chodding was thinking where they disappeared of too.

 

“Dongwoo!” cried Sungyeol as he placed another unlucky student who was wearing a ball cap, the jail booth’s current theme is ball cap, into their class room. “Have you seen Jongie?”

“No,” replied Dongwoo. “Maybe he’s with Myung. I haven’t seen the two of them since we left for the first trait.”

“Oh,” Sungyeol replied simply and Dongwoo was instantly put into teasing mode.

“You jealous?” Dongwoo asked with a smirk.

“Jealous?!” Sungyeol exclaimed choking on his own spit. “Why would I be jealous?!”

“Cause Jong-jong is with Myungsoo,” Dongwoo replied simply.

“Why would I be jealous of that?” Sungyeol retorted averting his eyes from Dongwoo’s all-reading ones. “Anyways, I’ll try looking for him. Bye!”

“Kekeke~ he’s so easy to tease.” Dongwoo chuckled on his own.

 

“Jealous,” Sungyeol mumbled to himself. “Psh, as if I would be jealous.”

“And why wouldn’t you be?” a voice at the back of his head said.

“Sungjong and Myungsoo are two of my closest friends,” Sungyeol replied. “So why would I be jealous?”

“Because Myungie is with Jongie,” the voice stated.

“So?” Sungyeol answers albeit a little weakly. “I shouldn’t be bothered by that. Right?”

“Yup. You shouldn’t,” the voice said. “And yet you are. So what does that make you?”

“Jealous?” Sungyeol finally admitted.

“Bingo~” the sing-song voice replied. “No go look for the two of them cause the negative thoughts you’re getting is making it cramp in here in your mind. Not to mention all the jealousy is suffocating.”

“Thanks,” Sungyeol replied unsurely. “I guess.”

“And one more thing.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you seriously think Myungie would do something as cliché as eloping with Jongie?”

“It could happen,” and with that said Sungyeol’s pep talk with himself ended and his search for Sungjong, hopefully not with Myungsoo, started.

His search eventually led him to the one place he hasn’t searched which is the school’s roof top, and sure enough there was Sungjong sleeping with such a peaceful face in the arms of Myungsoo.

Wait.

In the arms of Myungsoo? Why the hell was his Jongie in the arms of Myungsoo?!?

Wait.

His Jongie? Since when did Jongie become his?

“Since you laid your eyes on him I guess,” the voice in his head was heard again.

“No way,” Sungyeol retorted. “I mean, it’s not like I like Jongie in that way.”

“Then why are you clenching your fist tight?” the voice asked.

As soon as he realized this he quickly opened his hand and saw nail marks on his palm. He wa really holding his fist real tight. As soon as he released the tension in his body that he hasn’t realized he was holding his eyes instantly fell on the two who were sleeping soundly with no sign of waking up or changing their position. Sungjong had this peaceful face and his back was facing Myungsoo but the latter’s arm was wrapped around his Sungjong’s waist.

“There it is again~” the voice taunted. “Why won’t you just admit that you like Jongie that way?”

“Because I don’t.” Sungyeol replied as he gently pryed Myungsoo’s arms away from Sungjong.

“Then why are you taking Myungie’s arm away from Jongie?” the voice said and you can practically hear it smirk. “And do you know how crowded it it is here in your brain with thoughts of Sungjong.”

“Ok,” the chodding sighed as he pulled Sungjong closer to him then gently placed his head on his lap. “So maybe I do like Sungjong in that way.”

“He finally admits it!!” the little voice cheers. “Now admit it to him instead of me.”

“No way,” Sungyeol said as he shook his head furiosly. “You know how long it took me to admit it to myself so I think it’ll take twice as long to admit it to Sungjongie.”

“Admit what hyung?” Sungjong suddenly said through half closed eyes.

“Sungjong!” cried Sungyeol a little to loud making Myungsoo stir but not wake up and Sungyeo thanked God that his best friend always slept like a log. “Since when are you awake?”

“Since you shook your head furiosly,” Sungjong laughed a little. “Who were you talking to hyung?”

“No one,” Sungyeol says a little shakily. “I just tried saying the lines of this drama I watched last night.”

“Oh,” Sungjong said as he snuggled closer to Sungyeol making him realize he was lying on the elders lap and he immediately stood up and hid his blushing face. “Sorry hyung, I must have slept on you without noticing.”

“It’s fine Jongie,” Sungyeol said, no way is he admitting theat he was the one who placed Sungjong’s head on his lap.

“So um… did the jail booth end?” Sungjong asked.

“No, I actually came here looking for you,” Sungyeol said honestly. “I was thinking that maybe we could eat lunch together.”

“Your treat?” Sungjong quickly asked with bright eyes.

“Yup.”

“Then let’s go hyung!” cried Sungjong as he stood up pulling his hyung with him. “Oh, maybe we should wake up Myungsoo-hyung first.”

“Nah,” Sungyeol quickly said. “He’ll be fine and it’ll take us an hour just to wake him up, and I’m not joking. He sleeps like a log.”

“Oh, I guess it’s a date between the two of us then,”  Sungjong smiled and Sungyeol could feel his heart do summer saults.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol smiled as he felt the other’s hand fit perfectly into his. “A date.”

 

Sungyeol and Sungjong are now happily enjoying the fair. They played almost every game and ate at every food stall they passed by. Another thing that they learned from each other is that they love trying new food. That’s why they buy at least one thing from every food stall in the fair, from takoyakis to frog legs, cotton candies to pure red bean paste. The two of them are obviously having fun just be being with each other’s company that they didn’t even notice the time passing. They’ve been playing for a few hours now that it’s about time a certain kingka woke up from his deep slumber don’t you think?

So when Myungsoo woke up without Sungjong by his side panic instantly overwhelmed him. Where is he? He didn’t get kidnapped by gorilla looking goons right? And image of Sungjong asking for help from him while sinister looking thugs ganged up on him suddenly flashed in his mind and he was racing down the stairs.

He searched the whole shool grounds looking for Sungjong’s petite figure but he was nowhere to be seen and with every passing minute Myungsoo’s imagination keeps getting worse and he was already near the school’s radio room to announce that Sungjong’s missing through the PA system if not for the missing person emerging from the haunted house clutching on his best friend’s arm.

“It wasn’t that scary Sungjongie,” laughed Sungyeol.

“Says you,” Sungjong replied still clutching tight on to Sungyeol as if his life depended on it.

“Sungjong!” Myungsoo cried from behind them causing Sungjong to jump a little in shock then outright hugging Sungyeol.

“Hey Myung,” Sungyeol greeted.

“Myungsoo-hyung?” whispered Sungjong as he slowly took a peek at Myungsoo and his hand instantly held his heart dramatically as he let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “Thank goodness it’s just you hyung.”

“What?” Sungyeol started with a teasing tone. “You think it was that woman in white with long hair?”

“No,” Sungjong defended himself with a pout. “I thought it was the headless man with the top hat.”

“You’re just to cute Jongie,” smiled Sungyeol as he piched the other’s cheek.

“Ahem,” Myungsoo suddenly voiced out. “I’m still here. And you, Jongie, left me on the roof.”

“Sorry hyung,” Sungjong laughed sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head. “You just looked so peaceful sleeping and my stomach kinda took over.”

“It’s fine,” the elder replied. “So how do you plan to repay me?”

“How about I treat you hyung?” the younger asked with a small smile. “You’ve been sleeping for a while and you must be hungry now, me and Yeol-hyung were just about to try this Japanese restaurant booth that’s been pretty popular for dinner.”

“Then I guess we’ll need a table for three,” Myungsoo replied with a smile.

 

The three of them instantly found the Japanese restaurant since it was one of the biggest booth there. It wasn’t exactly a booth since it was a huge red tent but everyone’s calling it a booth so booth shall it be called.

“Welcome,” a pretty woman greeted them from the outside. “Table for 3?”

“Yes please,” Sungjong replied politely with a small smile.

“Ichigo!” called the woman and a tall boy with spiky orange hair came out of the tent. “ them to a table for three will you dear?”

“Of course,” Ichigo replied with a smile on his own. “This way please.”

“I didn’t know you worked here Ichigo-hyung,” Sungjong said as they got in the tent. Ichigo was in Hoya’s class but since he and Dongwoo often go there they get to know the people in that class and become close with most of them.

“This is actually my family’s business,” the boy replied. “I’m just helping out a bit. Here’s your table. I’ll come back later when you’re ready to order.”

“So what’ll you guys have?” Sungjong asked.

“Udon,” Myungsoo quickly replied without even looking at the menu.

“Are you sure hyung? They have lot’s more to choose from.”

“Udon.”

“Myungsoo has had this weird obsession for udon ever since his family had a vacation in Japan.” Sungyeol explained.

“Oh, what about you Yeol-hyung?”

“I’ll have their Ebi tempura special.”

“Then I’ll have,” Sungjong started as he flipped through the menu. “Chicken Teriyaki, Pork Tonkatsu, Katsudon, Sashimi and California Maki now let’s order.”

They called Ichigo again and repeated their order.

“Is anyone else gonna come?” Ichigo asked as he looked at the long list that can feed 7 people but is just for three.

“No,” Sungjong replied sweetly.

“Jongie’s very hungry,” Myungsoo explained.

“Okay then,” Ichigo replied. “Please wait a while then.”

When the food finally arrived Sungjong’s eyes instantly lit up at the delicious food set before him.

“Itadakimasu~” the three of them said to get into the Japanese role more.

“Uwah~ So good~” Sungjong said with a satisfying smile, he then picked up a teriyaki with his chopstick the pointed it to Myungsoo. “Try this hyung.”

“Ah,” Myungsoo said as he greatfully ate the offered food. “Oishi.”

“You’ll like this one Yeollie-hyung,” Sungjong then offered him a maki roll which Sungyeol gladly accepted and gave him a thumbs-up as a sign of approval.

The rest of dinner went by happily with shared stories and delight of the food. As soon as they finished dinner and payed for what they ate Sungjong was instantly bouncy and then dragged the two of them outside where they were met by Hoya, Dongwoo, Sunggyu and Woohyun.

“How’d you all find us?” Myungsoo asked.

“Don’t tell me Sunggyu-hyung has a tracking device stuck on Jongie,” joked Sungyeol making the others laugh and Sunggyu glare at him.

“I am not that over protective,” Sunggyu defended himself.

“Aigoo~” Woohyun cooed. “My yeobo is denying his complex. Don’t worry Gyu, it’s a good trait of yours so don’t deny it.”

“So why did you call us out here Jong?” Dongwoo asked.

“The fireworks are gonna start soon hyung,” Sungjong said happily. “I want all of us to watch it together so we should go and find a perfect spot now.”

“Then let’s go~” Dongwoo said as he and Sungjong marched of in a childish manner with the others in tow.

Sungyeol was going to follow them if not for Myungsoo who took his hand immediately stopping him in his tracks.

“What’s up Myung?” Sungyeol asked normally.

“You like him don’t you,” Myungsoo said in his oh-so-straight-to-the-point way. “Sungjong. You like him don’t you?”

“Of course I like him,” Sungyeol shakily replied. “He’s a little ball of sunshine so what’s not to like?”

“That’s not the like that I mean Yeol.”

Sungyeol then stared right at Myungsoo’s face and figured that he might as well be honest with him, besides there was also something he wanted to ask that also requires Myungsoo’s honesty.

“I like him,” Sungyeol stated. “Very much, I don’t know if you can consider it as love or whatever but I like him more than a friend. How about you?”

“I,” Myungsoo started but hesitated a little before answering honestly. “I like him. More than a friend. Just like how you like him.”

“So what do we do now?” Sungyeol asked and Myungsoo was a lost for words.

Ever since they were kids Myungsoo would always have an answer to their problems. They fight over a toy Myungsoo makes a schedule on how they can share it, they fight over a role in the school’s play Myungsoo finds a fair way to pick who’s gonna play it without the other being left out, but now Myungsoo doesn’t have a solution to their dilemma. He doesn’t want to fight Sungyeol over Sungjong, no, their friendship is more important than that but he wants Sungjong to himself and now that Sungyeol says he like the younger male the way he likes him tears him in two and he knows that the same thoughts are running in his best friend’s mind. Their train of thought were interrupted though when the said person they were thinking about called their names.

“Myungsoo! Sungyeol!” Sungjong called them happily, innocently, not knowing how he’s making the two of them feel so torn. “The fireworks are about to start.”

“Coming,” Myungsoo replied he then turned to Sungyeol with a small smile. “Let’s not think about this now Yeol.”

“Yeah,” Sungyeol sighed. “We don’t wanna show Sungjong a gloomy side to us.”

The two of them quickly made their way through the crowd and instantly saw Sungjong’s smiling face.

“Hurry up hyung.”

“Impatient now are we?” Myungsoo teased.

“Well I don’t want the two of you to miss the fireworks.”

“I didn’t know you loved us that much Jongie,” Sungyeol smirked but it quickly fell when he heard Sungjong’s answer.

“Of course I love the two of you,” laughed the younger. “Now be quiet cause the fireworks are about to begin.”

As if on cue the first firework was shot from the ground and lit up the sky.

“Uwah!” cried Sungjong in delight.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile at the younger male in between them as they simultaneously held hands with Sungjong. The younger looked at the two of them and they just smiled in return before staring at the beautiful firework show and Sungjong can feel his heart beat fast and his thankful for the loud music cause he feels like people would hear the loud beating of his heart.

But the question in Sungjong’s mind though is who is it beating for?

 


 

I honestly don't know what i just wrote -.- as you have just read this has been the product of my brain after a month of not writing and suddenly waking up at 11 pm and typing non stop until 1 in the morning... and Ichigo from Bleach makes a special appearance because I love him and Younha's Houki Boushi, which was an opening song of Bleach, played on my iTunes...

this chapter seriously feels so weird to me especially the 3rd POV at least i got some drama starting LOL

 

now I just realized that i have missed Myungsoo-oppa's birthday TT^TT don't worry oppa! I'll write a special oneshot for you! but it won't be part of this series since it'll be kinda weird to suddenly add a Myungsoo birthday special and all the bonus track is dedicated to WooGyu and YaDong which reminds me! Hoya-oppa's birthday is in a few days so the next Bonus Track wil be a YaDong special ^^ but it won't be the next chapter since I've already got things planned for Track 13 XD

anyways~ I'm glad I'm back to writing cause you know what that means? it means summer is here!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~ meaning more writing time and more stories to write ^^ which I have already planned mwahahahaha XD I will inform you all one day so that we could meet again in a new story of mine ^^ <--- shamless advertising

don't forget to comment~ I miss reading your comments ^^