[SC] Halloween Surprise

Late Night

"Tattooed on You"

(Halloween special)

-

*knock knock

"Trick or Treat!"

Lu Han was pouring candies in paper bags when a familiar voice called behind the front door and echoed through the peaceful night. 

A full-blown came to light. When he opened the door, he received the same expression from the person he was waiting for. Kai was holding up a basket, reminding Lu Han of the first time the boy knocked on his door, more than ten years ago.

"Kai-ah." He calls; voice soft and heartwarming, just like the way he used to greet Kai when the latter was still young. It didn't change much after all those times.  

"Hi," greeted Kai in a rather shy tone. Lu Han noticed how his face blushes and secretly hoped he could put time into a halt. Kai might be twenty two years old but the way he stared at him, eyes filled with fodness as if he was smitten, made him look like a teenage boy who caught a lovebug. 

"Candies?" asked Lu Han before showing a bag of stuffed with sweets. 

"Yeah." Kai extended his basket and Lu Han poured the candies in it. 

"There you go."

Kai's sweet smile slowly turned into a smirk. Having seen it, Lu Han was mentally preparing himself for a turn of events. "One more thing," the blonde one stated. He took a step closer to Lu Han and leaned in. "I need the sweetest candy."

Lu Han blinked.

Kai did the same but with a suggestive smile.

"Kai-ah, I only have candies and chocolates. You didn't tell me about what's the sweetest candy for you. I haven't prepared it," said the older one who was worrying a lot. "I'm sorry."

"Hey," Kai whispers in a sweet, careful voice and quickly dropped his basket. He cradled his boyfriend's face when he saw how the latter's expression shifted into a sad one."You don't have to feel bad about it. I wasn't asking for a certain candy. I just wanted a kiss from you."

"Heh?!"

Kai hugged him and they both started swaying, making Lu Han more confused. "I meant your lips. Your lips is the sweetest thing for me."

"Oh you!" Lu Han started punching his chest but eventually stopped and kissed Kai on the lips. "There you go."

Kai his bottom lip and smirked, "Nice."

"Really now," Lu Han blushed hard.

They went inside their little paradise and sat on the couch. Lu Han was very excited to tell Kai about the different candies he bought for the Halloween. 

"This brings back a lot of memories; the good ones," he said while putting the candies on his lap. "Here. Try this." Lu Han fed him a vanilla-coated poppins and watched as the other munched happily. "You should try, too, Kai suggested. He unwrapped a piece of candy and fed it to Lu Han who excitedly opened his mouth. "Hm! This tastes really sweet!"

While the two busied themselves by trying different candies, a knock on the door interrupted them. 

"Trick or Treat!" 

Kai swallowed the candy and rolled his eyes, "Chanyeol."

"Open up!" Chanyeol called out. He kept banging the door excitedly and forced Baekhyun to pull him back so he won't destroy the front door. "Stop that. You're being too loud." The moment Lu Han opened the door, Chanyeol shoved a basket on his chest and grinned. "CANDIES, HYUNG!"

Kai squinted his eyes, "Way to ruin our night, Yeol." Chanyeol glared at him, "We were supposed to go together. That was the plan. But then you got overly-excited and rushed back here. You left us. What a great friend!" While the two squabbled some more, Baekhyun went inside and sat on the couch with Lu Han. "Children," he remarked, earning a chuckle from Lu Han.

"I brought you a cake, hyung. Take a look at it." Baekhyun opened the box and showed Lu Han the Halloween-inspired cake. 

"I can't wait to eat it. Thank you, Baekhyun-ah."

Chanyeol let go of Kai's arm and approached the two, "I heard someone said cake."

"I did." Baekhyun raised an arm. "I am going to shove it on your faces if you keep on acting like kids."

Chanyeol and Kai gulped.

"Alright, alright. That's enough. Let's eat all together now," Lu Han initiated before everything went out of hand. They gathered in the living room and shared the cake Baekhyun thoughtfully got for them. Like the old days, they chatted about anything under the sun, catching up on each others lives. Chanyeol reminisced the times when they were still young. He animatedly narrated how Kai would act around Lu Han who was his biggest crush back then. Kai would throw him a bad look but Lu Han urged him to continue. In the end, it was all against Kim Kai when his friends had fun revealing his dirty little secrets as a child.

Hours later, Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to leave. It was getting late, not to mention that Kai had been sending subtle messages for them to go away. The two bid goodbye to Lu Han and Kai and promised to see them again soon.

"Finally," Kai sighed as he closed the door. He turned to Lu Han and carried him like a princess all of a sudden.

"K-Kai! What are you doing?"

The younger boy grinned, "Sweeping you off of your feet."

Kai motioned towards their bedroom and put Lu Han on the bed. The latter looked puzzled. When Kai began to strip off his shirt, Lu Han gasped, "Wha--You can't be thinking of that! KAI!"

The young man turned around, exposing his . 

Lu Han's jaw dropped.

"Can you see it? I got a real tattoo of your name," said Kai.

Lu Han stared at his name carved on his boyfriend's body for a while. He was hesitant at first but then reached out and touched it eventually, following the dark lines against the soft skin. "It's real."

"Yeah."

Lu Han held back the tears forming in his eyes and hugged Kai from behind. "Did it hurt?" he asked, voice shaking.

"Yes, but it's  all worth it. You know when it comes to you, I can endure any pain. I am sorry if I disappointed you. I know I told you I was going to prepare a surprise but this is all I've got."

"Hm hm," Lu Han shook his head. "I am not disappointed. If anything, I am greatly flattered. You really don't fail to make my heart melt, young man."

 

"Are you falling in love with me all over again?"

 

Lu Han turned Kai to face him and pressed their foreheads together, "Yes, and this time, harder." 

 

-