Stress

Late Night
"Better when I'm with you"

 Lu Han comes out of the shower with a long face. By the way his shoulders slump low, Kai knows he is not feeling good. The latter is already in bed, waiting for the older one to join him for the night. Lu Han puts on his sleeping clothes silently while Kai secretly observes him. When Lu Han finally settles in bed, Kai carries him to sit on his lap, surprising the older one. He slips his hands inside the loose shirt and tucks it up.

"Kai-ah, I'm tired." Lu Han tries it hard not to protest but he is not only tired; he is beat. 

"I know. That's why I'm doing this."

Kai successfully takes off Lu Han's shirt and starts massaging his shoulders.

"Ohhh it feels nice," Lu Han murmurs. Kai hits the spot by rubbing the sore area along his lover's nape. Lu Han slowly closes his eyes and relaxes. Kai leans forward until his lips touches the velvety and delicate skin of the older one's shoulders. He inhales what it seems a vanilla fragrance, mixed with Lu Han's own scent. It's addicting and he can't help but sigh in delight. 

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" Lu Han asks. He soon feels his lover smile while his lips pressed against his back. Kai hums in response and proceeds in giving the older one his most needed massage. 

Moments later, Kai finds Lu Han slowly dozing off on his chest. 

-

Lu Han feels a cold rush underneath his skin when he sees his own self in front of him, as if he has turned into a detached soul. The man before his eyes is curling up in a ball, covering his ears and shutting his eyes tightly because of unknown shadows haunting him. Voices that speak fear and grief keep echoing. There is a heavy weight in his chest, sinking deeper inside him, as he watches himself drown in darkness. 

Everything is fading, until his eyes open wide. He quickly sits up while panting hard. 

A nightmare.

Seconds passed and he finds himself sobbing helplessly. Even though he tries to muffle the sound of his cries, Kai heard him  and squirms in the bed.

"Lu? What's wrong?" he asks with a groggy voice.

Lu Han faces him; eyes streaming with tears. Kai panics and immediately pulls his lover into an embrace to comfort him. "What happened, baby? Why are you crying?" The older one only buries his face on Kai's bare chest. The younger man brushes the hair on his side and plants a kiss on Lu Han's cheek. "It's okay, it's okay."

 

"I had a bad dream," whispers Lu Han. "I was all alone. I felt helpless. I was sinking in darkness all by myself. You were not there by my side and the thought terrified me a lot."

"Hush, babe. Don't you worry. I am here with you. I am not going anywhere. I'm not leaving you."

 

Lu Han feels a sense of relief. He clings tightly unto his lover and lets Kai shower his face with gentle kisses; an expression of assurance that is proven effective everytime Lu Han suffers from having a nightmare.

 

"You are stressed from work. That might be the reason why you've been having bad dreams lately."

 

A hum to agree escapes from Lu Han's mouth.

 

Kai holds him securely, "I have a plan. Tomorrow, let's skip work and go somewhere. You need a lot of time to relax and free your mind from all the negativity. One-day vacation, sounds good?"

 

"I would love, too. But what about my boss?"

 

 

"As a good boyfriend, I will be the one to talk to him tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be considerate enough to let you have a day-off.. If I need to bribe him with a monthly supply of coffee from the shop, I will, just so you can have time to breathe. You need this, baby."

 

Lu Han is starting to love the idea. A day-off with Kai will definitely be a great remedy for his preoccupied brain. He finally shows a smile and nods. "I am looking forward to it. But where are we going?"

 

"It's a secret," Kai whispers. He tugs the blanket and wrap their bodies close together. Lu Han lifts up his head and stares lovingly at his boyfriend's sleepy face. He smiles widely in anticipation, "Okay, young man. You can surprise me."

-

A/n: On the next chapter, KaiLu will go _ _ _ _ _ _ _! ^u^

Thank you for subbing. Comments and suggestions are very welcome.