Sing a Song

Late Night

Sunday is cleaning day for Kai and Lu Han. While they love to do just about anything during Saturdays, this day is specially allotted for household chores. An old structure like the lake house needs a lot of maintaining which they don’t really mind. Every now and then, Lu Han would organize the living room and add decorations suited for the season. He makes sure that their little haven is as cozy as possibly. Kai, being the big man, attends to things that require strength like fixing roof trusses and patching up leaks on the ceiling. Sometimes, he would be kind enough to help Lu Han with the simple chores like cleaning the table or washing the dishes. That particular morning, Kai is doing the latter. He is attending to the dirty plates in the sink that needs to be clean up. One thing about the male is when he has something to do, he gives his full attention to it. However, when Lu Han is in the picture, all the concentration he has goes down the drain.

The older male is currently mopping the floor. He has his earphones on, listening to some of his favourite tracks as he paces back and forth in the kitchen. Kai can hear him humming in the background. Just listening to him puts a smile on his face. He looks silly, grinning from ear to ear while scrubbing the utensils.

Grooving with the music, Lu Han starts to sway his head from side to side. The humming turns to singing. Kai tilts his head back and finds his boyfriend having his own concert in the kitchen. He suddenly forgets about the dishes and leans comfortably on the counter to watch; arms crossed in his chest. The way his eyes sparkle at the sight of the older reveals how amused he is.

 

“Coz I love~ the way you say good morning…

And you~ take me the way I am…” 

 

The mop “magically” transforms into a microphone stand.

 

“If you are chilly, here take my sweater…

Your head is aching, I’ll make it better…”

 

Kai is successfully sidetracked from cleaning, courtesy of Lu Han being adorable. Just when the former thought his boyfriend hasn’t noticed the way he stares, Lu Han turns to his direction and meets his eyes.

“Coz I~ love the way you call me baby…

And you~ take me the way I am…”

 

Talk about getting flustered. When it comes to Lu Han, it’s impossible for Kai to play it cool. He can only laugh at himself, aware how silly he looks with his face beat red. He leaves the counter and slips his arms around Lu Han’s waist, tugging the latter into a back hug.

 

Lu Han continues to sing while his boyfriend peppers kisses on his cheek.

 

 

“Coz I love you more than I could ever promise…

…and you~ take me the way I am.”

 

 

“You’re cute. What about we head upstairs and clean the bed instead?”

 

“Ah! I have a song for that!”

 

“What? I don't think you get what I meant."

 

Lu Han’s eyes form crescents when he chuckles. He hands the other side of the earphone to Kai and lets him listen.

“Don’t you worry there my honey,

We might not have any money,

But we’ve got our love to pay the bills…”

 

“But we have enough money to pay the bills,” Kai points out, taking things literally. “And what does it have to do with me asking you to have se—“

“Hush! Listen! Here’s the good part.”

 

“Maybe I think you’re cute and funny…”

 

“Oh. Of course I am,” he says proudly with a smirk. But it eventually disappears when he heard the next lines of the song.

 

“Maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you,

If you know what I mean….” ^_~

 

Lu Han can’t help but bursts out laughing, seeing Kai flabbergasted.

 

“That’s….not a cute song.”

 

“It’s a cute song,” the older argues.

 

“It’s about se—!“

 

“LOVE.”

 

Kai snorts, “She’s talking about what bunnies do.”

 

“True.”

 

“It’s definitely about se—“

 

“Not entirely about that. It has lots of cute lines.”

 

“But that particular line about bunnies is going to stick in my head for the rest of day.”

 

Lu Han teases, showing his playful side, “Is it a bad thing? Thought that’s what you’re aiming for?”

 

For a moment, Kai didn’t understand him. He opens his mouth to speak but stop midway when his head finally caught up with Lu Han’s meaningful words. He grins, “You’re learning.”

 

“I have a great teacher.”

 

Kai intertwines their fingers, “Actually, your great teacher has a lot more up his sleeves. Do you want him to teach you some more?”

 

Lu Han tosses the mop away and drags Kai out of the kitchen.  “I’m a good student. Let’s go.”

 

-

Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeohdQCtWZ4 (The first song LuHan sang)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEN1b-dwlw (The 'bunny' song! lol)

Ideas are flowing so I'm taking advantage. ^^ Hope you enjoyed reading.