Camping

Late Night

"Safe in your arms"

 

-

"So, this is your idea of vacation?" 

It comes out as a question but Lu Han is not really expecting an answer from Kai. The two of them are cuddled together on a hammock, under the purple skies bursting with stars. The evening is cold but that didn't bother Lu Han because Kai's arms serve as a warm refuge, and the thick blanket does it job to cover them up to their necks. 

"Are you disappointed?" asks the younger one, a little weary.

Lu Han smiles at him, "I love it." He rests his head on Kai's shoulder and starts drawing circles on the latter's chest. "Thank you for bringing me here. This place is magical." Though he is complimenting how beautiful the place is, Lu Han's eyes are fixed on his lover's face. Kai stares back at him with twinkling orbs. He is content with Lu Han next to him and he knows the latter feels the same way towards him.

Everything feels right. 

What could possibly go wrong?

 

While their bodies mold together by sharing a passionate kiss, dark clouds are slowly casting across the sky. The bulbs of different colors fade away. The air becomes colder. The leaves are rustling loudly.

Moments later, the rain pours.

The bonfire set near the hammock died out quickly, forcing Lu Han and Kai to run faster to reach the trailer. But in the end, it's too late. They are already drenched when they reached the back seat.

"Just great," Kai murmurs in annoyance because of the interruption. "What's with rain all of a sudden?! Tcht!" He pulls out a towel and helps Lu Han dry himself. The older one takes off his plain shirt and wraps his body with the towel. "You better change quickly." Kai hands him a shirt and consequently changes his.

"And I thought everything will go as planned," the younger one grumbles. "Sorry, Lu."

Lu Han shakes his head, "I don't mind. We can sleep here instead, though it will be challenging because of the tight space. You don't mind if I sleep on top of you, right?" He chuckles pleasantly, warming Kai's heart and eventually takes away the angry in him.

"I'll gladly be your bed."

 

Lu Han chuckles, "You're so sweet, Kai-ah."

 

"Anything for you, Lu. Anything to make you feel right."

 

 

Lu Han stares at the other man momentarily before he playfully grabs the blanket and covers the both of them. He cups Kai's cheeks and plants a kiss on the latter's lips, "Anywhere with you feels right. I couldn't possibly ask for more."

 

It might be pouring hard but Lu Han and Kai forgot about the discomfort. They are in each other's arms, safe and sound. That's what matters the most.

 

 

In the end, Kai thought of the rain as a blessing.

(I can feel Lu Han's heartbeat in sync with mine. Seeing him safe in my arms gives me a sense of relief. I don't mind being out in a forest, tackling the storm  while bundled up like a burrito as long as I am with him. His presence makes everything worthwhile.)

-

A/n:Oh KaiLu~The cheese is melting so hard. ^u^ 

btw, EXO' s Sing for You *ugly sobbing* The feels are real. T^T