[SC] Christmas Special

Late Night

“Baby,” Kai calls in a whisper. His voice is as cold as the winter morning, sending shivers down Lu Han’s spine. The older one, who is slowly waking up, leaves the warm spot on Kai’s chest and faces him. A bright smile welcomes him, along with a gentle kiss on the lips. “Still sleepy?”

“After that kiss, not anymore,” answers Lu Han with a grin.

“Good. It’s the day before Christmas and we have a bunch of things to do. It is better to get up early so we can start. What do you think?”

Lu Han nods, “Count me in. I’m actually excited to start the preparation for tonight’s dinner.” Setting the duvet out-of-the-way, Lu Han puts on his robe and walks towards the shower. Kai watches him quietly, amused at his boyfriend’s expression. For Kai, Lu Han is a perfect combination of cute and y. One minute, he looks squishy with his fluttering eyes and pouting lips. The next, he turns smoking hot with his wet hair and skin as flawless as a fresh coat of snow.  Lu Han happens to look back and catches Kai staring at him with heavy-lidded eyes. He freezes on the spot and shrieks Kai's name to call his attention. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to... Lu, what you do think about me joining you in the shower?"

Lu Han lifts an eyebrow, "Kai-ah. We have lots of things to do, right?"

"Yeah. That's what I said. Sorry. Go ahead."

"Right. Be a good boy and maybe I can reward you later." Lu Han smiles innocently at Kai and marches inside the shower. The latter's ears perk up at his suggestive statement. He bites his bottom lip and smirks, "I HEARD IT! You better stay true to you words, Lu! I'm not letting you pass."

Lu Han chortles. His pleasant laughter echoes throughout the room, warming Kai's heart amidst the chilly weather. 

It's late in the afternoon when Lu Han finished cooking. He happily sets the table for six people while Kai assists him. Two other couples, BaekYeol and Kai's parents, are going to spend dinner with them. 

"Do you think they'll love these?" asks Lu Han wearily while checking the variety of food on the table. Kai approaches him and surprises Lu Han with a back hug. "You worry too much, Lu. I'm sure they will love it. You're the best cook I know." Recognizing the sincerity in Kai's voice, Lu Han takes a deep breath and nods. Moments later, the door bell rings. Chanyeol runs to hug Kai and Lu Han after he steps inside the lake house. His eyes wander around the festive embellishment of the living room. There is a huge Christmas tree in the corner, next to the window, decorated with bright lights in different colors. The ambiance is welcoming and cozy. Chanyeol feels a wave of nostalgia. Christmas brings back a lot of childhood memories especially with him and Baekhyun. The first time they kissed was during the night before Christmas. Forget about kissing under the mistletoe. The two shared their's under the flickering lights of the town's gigantic Christmas tree. 

"Ahhh~ I just love Christmas!"

"I get that. You love it a lot that you let your boyfriend carry all the gifts by himself. Very nice," Baekhyun states matter-of-factly while rolling his eyes. Lu Han lends a helping hand and puts all the presents under the Christmas tree. 

"I'm sorry, sweet pea! I didn't mean to," says Chanyeol apologetically. He rushes to Baekhyun and hugs him tightly. "Oh god! Let go!" the latter protests while squirming inside his boyfriend's arms. 

"HEY NO FLIRTING INSIDE THE HOUSE!" Kai complains. "Goodness! Let him go, Chanye---Baekhyun, run!"

 

"Oh boy." Lu Han quickly steps aside to spare himself from being tackled by the boys running around the living room.

 

"Alright, kids! Save that for later."

All of them halt and turn around to see Kai's father holding a box of cake and grinning at them at the doorway. Kai's mom pops behind the old man and greets them happily.

 

Everyone settled in the dining room, gawking at the food serve before them, with the fireplace going on to keep them warm. One by one, they begin passing the platters around, helping themselves with each serving of bulgogi, rice cakes and sweet potato noodles. They talk leisurely about the happenings in each others lives. Chanyeol is proud to tell everyone that he and Baekhyun are going on a trip to Hong Kong next month. Lu Han suddenly remembers his own trip to the said place years ago. He tells them how he got caught up with so many people in the train during rush hour and how he was suffocated. Good thing, a kind lady helped him before he fainted. "That isn't a nice experience to tell, hyung," Baekhyun points out. Lu Han apologizes right away. Kai is busy eating his rice cake when he felt someone kicking him under the table. He looks up and meets his father's frowning face. "What is it?" he mouths to him. "I forgot something," the old man gestures, glancing secretly at his wife who is talking to Lu Han. 

Kai excuses himself and proceeds to the living room. Not long, his father follows. 

"So, what did you forget this time, Father?"

Old Junsik scratches his head, "Our presents for the four of you. Your mom will strangle me! I thought I put it in the car. I realized I wasn't able to bring them when Lu Han talks about the exchange gift. Oh I'm so dead!"

Kai sighs and rubs his temple, "I think you also forgot that our house is just a few kilometers away. You can get it now if you want to. But I'm sure Mom will understand. We can drop by the house tomorrow to get the presents. No biggie."

"Do you think so?" the old man's shoulders slump sadly. "I'm just worried it will break our Christmas tradition."

"Yes, it's tradition. You forgetting stuff during Christmas is a part of it as well." He chuckles. "Stop worrying and just enjoy the night, okay? That's what this dinner is for; so we can have fun together. Lu Han won't like it if he sees you bothered."

Old Junsik nods, agreeing, "I guess you're right. I'm sorry. Your father is just getting old. I tend to miss things and forget a lot. Thank you for understanding, son."

Kai smiles thougthfully and rests his arm on his father's shoulder, "All for you, Pops. All for you."

 

"Where did the two of you go?" asks Shinye when the father and son returned. 

"Father told me that he forgot to bring the presents for us. I told him it's fine-"

"OH, JUNSIK!"

The old man sighs dejectedly, "I told you, son. She's not letting it pass!"

"Mom. it's really fine. Don't blame Father. He just tends to be forgetful because of his age. Let this slide, okay?"

Shinye crosses her arms and stares at Kai.

"Please?"

Lu Han turns to Shinye and pleads as well, "Please?"

Chanyeol drops his chopsticks and approaches Shinye, "Please??" He then glances at Baekhyun and urges him to speak up, too. The latter ignores him and continues eating his sweet potato noodle. Chanyeol's eye twitches after he got rejected-Like always.

"Oh alright, alright!" The woman gives in to pity. "I don't blame you anymore. I was actually kidding." She smiles at his husband and the latter swears he felt like falling in love again. Kai notices his grin and nudges his father to get him back to reality. "I said it before. No flirting inside the house. You're becoming worse than BaekYeol." Chanyeol heard him and bursts out in an obnoxious laugh. "I like that one, Kai! It's funny."

"Oh god this idiot," Baekhyun grumbles before giving up and laughs along with him.

The rest of the evening is filled with smiles and happy conversations. It is indeed a joyful Christmas for all of them.

[Later that night]

Lu Han smiles in reminiscence, "That was fun."

"Yeah."

"Your parents are hilarious. I think I'm loving them even more."

"Yes, they are. After all these years, I can still feel their love for each other, despite the occasional bickering. They actually remind me of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Those two."

Lu Han snickers, "I can't agree more."

"I wish we grow old like them, Lu. Despite the little arguments, we end up accepting each other. No matter how imperfect we are. Despite the problems we might face along the way. I hope we can still be each other's favorite."

"Hm."

"I hope we can still be each other's only one."

"Yes."

 

Kai yawns and rests his head against Lu Han's, "I love you, Lu. Merry, merry Christmas."

 

 

Lu Han inches closer to embrace the younger one. With sleep slowly creeping in, he smiles contently and whispers, "Merry Christmas, baby. I love you, too. Forever and always."

 

 

 

 

 

("Kai-ah, I think you are forgetting something."

 

"Hmm? What is it?

 

 

"Aren't you going to ask for your reward?")

 

-

A/n: Finished this sooner because I can.  ^U^ Even though this chapter is short, I hope you still enjoyed reading it.

Thank you for the support. Have a wonderful Christmas, you guys.