[SC] Kiryu

Late Night

 

"Lu, I'm sorry but I don't think this will work for us. We need to separate."

Lu Han lowers his head and nods weakly. 

That night, there's a big distance between him and Kai.


Buing Buing!

 

[Earlier]

Lu Han and Kai blinked together while staring at the young boy on the other side of the door. The little one, who was more interested in eating his lollipop, has brown, wavy hair, prominent cheeks and a pair of doe-eyes that sparkles through the daylight.  Cute," muttered Lu Han, fighting the urge to sit on his heels and hug the boy. "Butterball," whispered Kai in addition. His eyes are fixed on the round and blushing cheeks. The couple then shifted their gaze to Chanyeol who was standing behind the boy.

"Please, Kai!  I need to get back to my department as soon as possible. I have no one to ask to take care of Kiryu but the both of you. Baekhyun will kill me if anything happens to his little cousin. Please!" Chanyeol begged, holding both of his hands up in the air. 

Kai starts rubbing the back of his neck, "Really! Every time Baekhyun asks you to do something, you never fail to involve us. Lu Han has to go to work this morning. How can I possibly take care of him by myself?  You know I can't handle kids very well."

"Come on. Let's go inside."

Kai and Chanyeol both turned to Lu Han who was already walking towards the living room, hand in hand with Kiryu. "I'll skip work today," he said to answer Kai's question, before sitting on the couch next to the adorable boy.

"THANKS A LOT, HANHAN-HYUNG! I OWE YOU!" Chanyeol declared. "Kiryu, please be good. I don't mind if you mess up with this blondie but never with Hanhan-hyung, okay?"

Kai glared at Chanyeol.

"Yeollie-hyung will be back tomorrow. Bye!"

 

"Bye bye!" The little boy waved.

Lu Han and Kai quickly looked at each other, puzzled. "What do you mean TOMORROW?”

Chanyeol smiled apologetically.

-

“What is this?” Kai wondered blankly. Kiryu and Lu Han were splaying on the floor, playing with lego blocks; the latter blatantly ignoring Kai.

“Do you love playing these toys, Yu-kun?”

The boy nodded happily.

“Yu-kun?”

Lu Han finally turned to Kai, “He’s half Japanese, Baekhyun informed me.”

“I see.”

“Why don’t you join us? The more, the merrier,” Lu Han initiated. “I bet Yu-kun will love it if you play with him, too.”

Kai glanced at the young boy who was immersed with the toys Chanyeol brought for him to play. “I don’t think so. He doesn’t even notice me.”

Lu Han laughed, “Oh sweetheart. Are you expecting a kid to reach out to you?”

Kai felt ashamed of himself. He approached Lu Han and sat beside him, clinging on his boyfriend’s shoulder like a helpless child. At last, Kiryu became aware of his presence. “Hi,” Kai began.

“’lo,” answered the boy leisurely without sparing a look at him.

“Told you,” murmured Kai dejectedly, earning a chuckle from Lu Han. The former ruffled Kai’s hair and encouraged him some more. “Come on. Ask him what he wants to play next.”

Kai stared at Lu Han with puppy-eyes that only appear when he has no other way to do things, asking for help.

“Alright. I’ll help out.” The older man said. “Yu-kun, Kai-hyung wants to play with us. Do you want to play cars with him?”

“Hmhm…” Kiryu thought for a moment. He studied Kai’s face and turned to Lu Han for some sort of assurance.

“He’s very kind,” Lu Han said.

“Hm… Hai!” Kiryu smiled. He grabbed some toys and crawled over towards Kai. Though surprised, the latter was happy that the adorable boy warmed up to him.

Lu Han watched fondly as the two get to know each other.

-

By lunch time, the three of them shared a tasty meal. Kiryu helped himself with the food Lu Han prepared for him.

“He’s a good kid, isn’t he?”

Kai nodded, “He’s not giving us a hard time unlike most kids."”

“He’s adorable,” Lu Han added as a matter of fact.

“Yup.”

“And smart.”

“That, too.”

Lu Han chuckled and patted Kai’s shoulder, “What an appreciative big brother!” He was about to give the latter a kiss when he noticed Kiryu observing them intently while eating his ramen.

“Maybe later,” Lu Han muttered cheekily.

-

“Yuyu enjoys boat rides!” declared the little one while pointing at the serene lake from the balcony.

“Really? Why don’t we go to there now? The weather is nice.”

“Would it be safe?” Lu Han was clearly hesitant. “We haven’t asked Chanyeol and Baekhyun about this.”

“We’re not going far. I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

“YAY YAY!” Kiryu exclaimed while paddling his legs. He was very excited to the point where he was dragging Lu Han and Kai out of the house in haste. “Iz okay. Let’s go let’s go!”

-

“That was tiring,” Kai sighed as he flopped on the couch. It was early in the evening when they went back to the lake house after hours of exploring with Kiryu. The boy climbed and settled next to him. Lu Han left Kai to look after the cutie while he cooked dinner in the kitchen.

“Kai-hyung, you can’t sleep yet,” said the boy while tugging Kai’s shirt. “Han-hyung is cooking dinner so we can eat together!”

Kai sat up and carried Kiryu to sit on his lap, “Don’t worry. Hyung won’t sleep just yet. I’m just exhausted. We will eat together with Han-hyung. Does Kiryu like the food he prepares?”

“Yeah!” Kiryu raised his arms. “Han-hyung is the best!”

“Oh,” Kai sounded sad. “What about Kai-hyung? Don’t you like me?”

Kiryu looked up to him, thinking. He then grinned and poked Kai’s cheeks playfully, “Kai-hyung is nice, too! Better than Yeollie the giant.”

“Yeollie the giant?” Kai cocked his head and laughed, “Of course I am! Hahaha! That’s good enough. I think I can settle with that.”

“Dinner’s ready!” Lu Han announced from the kitchen, making the two boys in the living room race to reach the table first.

[Later that night]

After Lu Han helped Kiryu change to his sleeping clothes he pulled out from the latter’s bag, he led the boy to their bedroom so he can finally call it a night.

Kai was already in bed when Kiryu joined him.

“Hyung? What are you doing?”

“mmmm I’m…sleeping,” answered the older man groggily. “Kai-hyung is tired, Yu-kun,” Lu Han said as he approached the two. 

"No more play?"

"No more play."

Kiryu pouted sadly, "Okay."

"Maybe tomorrow we can play some more. Right now, you need to sleep."

Kiryu nodded and lied on the bed, cuddling the pillow twice the size of his body. Lu Han tucked him under the sheets including Kai who was next to the boy. He watched them for a while with a smile on his lips. As he rested his back on the crowded bed, he couldn't help to think of the possibility of having their own family someday. Having a kid might be difficult but it's all gonna be worth it. 

"Babe."

A breathless whisper broke Lu Han's train of thoughts. He met Kai's gaze as he flipped his body to the side. "You're awake."

"I can't sleep well without feeling you."

Lu Han blushed hard, "Don't say that. We have a kid here."

"We always sleep in each others arms. I am not used to this." Kai glanced at the sleeping boy in between them. 

"Oh," Lu Han sighed in relief. "You're right. It's the first time someone else sleep on this bed."

Kai gazed at Lu Han with longingness grazing his misty eyes. He wanted to reach out and hold the latter. To kiss him and run his fingers along his soft cheeks.

All of sudden, Kiryu started moving around thoughtlessly, hitting Kai's stomach and Lu Han's arm.They both winced and moved farther from the boy; unfortunately,farther means on the edge of the bed. They were trying to hold up with the small space spared for them, letting Kiryu move around with a drool on his face. "He's cute but we might end up falling if we stay here," said Kai. "I'm sorry but I don't think this will work for us. We need to separate."

Lu Han nodded weakly.

Kai ended up getting the extra cushion from the storage room and dropped it on the floor. "There."

"It's a single bed."

"Yup."

"I'll sleep there," said Lu Han as he stood up. "You can stay with Kiryu."

"No, Lu. I'll be the one sleeping on the floor."

"But,"

"Don't worry about it." He leaned closer to Lu Han and kissed him before dragging his feet to the other bed. "Good night, baby."

 

 "Night," Lu Han replied in a whisper.

 

-

It's past midnight when Kai felt something fluffy brushing along his face. He slowly opened his eyes and was surprised to see Lu Han staring at him in a close distance. Their noses were almost touching.

"Lu."

"Sorry I wake you up." Lu Han stole a glance at the boy sleeping peacefully on the bed. "He is sleeping soundly. He keeps moving here and there but I think it's just a habit. He'll be more comfortable now without me blocking his way."

Kai hummed in response. He s both of his arms around Lu Han's back and held him tight. "Let's stay like this?"

 

Lu Han smiled contently as rested his head on Kai's chest. "Hm. Just like this."

-

A/N: To be continued. More Kiryu?Yes? No? 

This is rushed so I apologize for the grammar errors. Thanks for subbing!

@sherl0ck- Glad you like it. Thank you so much for the kind words. ^U^