Jealousy

Late Night
"You love me. Only me."

 

|| The first scene happened during Kai's university reunion with his childhood friends, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Chen. Lu Han was invited to come so the two went together. The venue was at a local beach house owned by Kai's classmate. Everything was great until his Chemistry teacher, Jing Boran, showed up. ||

"What time is it?" asked Lu Han while he and Kai were almost running to reach the beach house. "Are we late?"

"Seven forty. Don't worry. I'm sure they'll understand. Your work comes first."

Lu Han halted, "Don't say that. It's as if everything that I do is more important than yours." He stared at his lover apologetically before giving in to an embrace. "I'm sorry."

Kai hugged him back, "It's not your fault. There's no one to blame so don't make it too hard for yourself, Lu. Come on. I see Baekhyun waving at us over there."

Lu Han smiled contently and let Kai lead the way. Baekhyun almost jumped on him when they joined him at the porch. "Hyung, I missed you!"

"Me, too," said Lu Han while patting the younger boy's shoulder. "You're turning into a really charming man, Baekhyun-ah. I am sure the people in the company you work for admire you a lot."

Baekhyun shook his head to disagree but the blush on his cheeks and the his twinling eyes proved to be expressions of delight. Kai leaned closer to him and whispered, "Don't be so modest. Lu Han knows you love compliments."

Baekhyun hit his arm and gave him a dissatisfied look. Kai cackled at how his friend's eyes bulged in annoyance. Same, old Baekhyun, Kai thought.

"HEY PEOPLE!" Chanyeol came running towards them from the crowd of people inside the hall. He gave Kai a hug and aimed to kiss Lu Han's cheek. But before he can do it, Kai buried his palm on the giant's face, preventing him to get closer to the older man. Lu Han chuckled at Kai's possessiveness and reached out to pat Chanyeol's shoulder. "Very manly," he stated, earning a wide smile from the younger man. 

"Where's Chen?" Kai inquired when he took note of his other friend's absence. 

"Oh that guy? He's over there." Chanyeol pointed l to the person talking to a rather gorgeous girl near the front door to the hall. "CHEN!"

The man turned to their direction and waved at them. "I'll be joining you later," he mouthed before resuming his conversation with the girl. Chanyeol flicked his tongue, "He's into deep."

"Let him be. He's a grown-up man. He knows what he's doing," said Baekhyun.

"But I'm worried!" Chanyeol asserted while sobbing dramatically. "Jinri is so pretty and likeable. Men swoon over her. Chen will have to deal with a lot of competitions. What if they'll hurt my dear friend? What if he gets rejected? Oh no!"

Baekhyun whacked his head all of a sudden.

"Ow! What was that for?!!!"

"You're overly dramatic. And you don't have confidence on Chen," Baekhyun grumbled. Lu Han and Kai observed quietly as the two squabbled. Same old lovers, they thought.

Dinner was great for Lu Han. He enjoyed the variety of dishes served before him. He stayed on his seat, patiently waiting for Kai to return after he mingles with his university friends. Chen was still out talking with Jinri while the cat and the dog (Baek and Yeollie) joined some of their professors at the bar counter. They didn't plan to leave their Lu Han-hyung all by himself but the latter insisted for them to have fun with the others. Lu Han looked around to see happy faces and genuine smiles. Youthfulness and nostalgia. He couldn't help but remember his years in China where he attended middle school. He had lots of friends, too, but after he travelled to Korea when he was sixteen, they drifted apart. His old friends found new companions, eventually forgotting him. Lu Han doesn't hold grudges though. He understands the tendencies of youthful spirits. Even though he had not created many memories with them, they are still treasured. 

In the middle of his thought, someone pulled a chair and sitted next to him. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Lu Han turned to meet the eyes of a person very familiar, it startled him. 

"It's good to see you again, Hannie." The person smiled kindly at him.  Lu Han was surprised to see his friend back in middle school, Boran, who also confessed to him the day he was leaving for Korea. "H-hey. I didn't know you're here in Seoul." That was awkward.

"Yeah. Well, I am a professor in the univesity. I teach Chem like I have always wanted."

"Oh. I see."

Boran lifted a glass of wine and took a sip, letting silence ensue between them. Lu Han wasn't sure what to say next. The last time he saw Boran was when he left middle school to travel abroad. The latter confessed to him and stole a kiss from Lu Han in front of their classmates. Lu Han was flustered and wasn't able to respond. He just muttered a "sorry" before walking away timidly. Basically, he rejected Boran and the reason was not only because he will be going away. Boran was like a big brother to Lu Han. He has always been the one to take care of him in school, protect him from bullies, help him with his studies and acted as a good companion. The confession was a shock and being the first he had ever received, Lu Han failed to think thoroughly of his response, hurting Boran's feeling in the process. That was it many years ago. Now, he's confronted with the person he once knew very well who turned out be an intimidating man; not only for the good looks but how he carries himself. 

"Hannie."

Lu Han snapped the thoughts away and looked up to meet the other's gaze, "Yes?"

"You haven't told me why you're here."

 

"Ah yes."

 

"Well?"

 

Lu Han straightened, "Uhm. I accompanied my..." he swallowed the lump on his throat. "I went here to accompany my boyfriend." He saw the small frown forming on the man's face. Boran didn't say anything yet so he continued. "He's over there." Lu Han pointed Kai who was laughing with Baekhyun and an old man who looked like a professor. Boran glanced at the said boyfriend; his eyes lingered for a while.

"My student."

Boran turned to Lu Han this time, "I taught Chem in his class for two months. Interesting guy."

Lu Han wasn't sure if it was a compliment or plain sarcasm. 

 

"Kai, Mister Chem-geek is talking to Lu Han-hyung. Do they know each other?" asked Chanyeol in a whisper. Kai looked back to see Lu Han with the said man. He felt discomfort building up in his chest when he saw Lu Han looking down most of the time while the man talks. His boyfriend was uncomfortable. "I'll get Lu Han," he said. Baekhyun overheard their conversation and looked at Chanyeol. They nodded and decided to trail behind their friend, not liking how Kai said those words. His tone can mean trouble especially that the latter was known to be quite a possessive fellow. Boran noticed the guys approaching and took another sip of his red wine. 

"Babe." Kai sat beside Lu Han and held his hand a little too tight. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

Lu Han's eyes brightened up to see his lover. He smiled in relief. Baekhyun greeted Boran and sat right next to him. Chanyeol remained standing. "Do you know each other?" asked Baekhyun, throwing the question to Boran. The latter nodded, "He was a good friend of mine in middle school."

Lu Han nodded as well to affirm.

"I was surprised to see him here. I never thought Hannie would settle in Seoul. Well, that's pretty much understandable since his boyfriend lives here."

"Hannie?" Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol chorused.

"Yes. Hannie. That's what I call him," explained Boran with little interest. He glanced at Lu Han and furthered, "I didn't know you're into young guys with blonde hair and ripped jeans. The typical bad boy. You should have told me."

Lu Han could feel the bitterness in his statement. Kai was clenching his fist but didn't bark back. He didn't want to cause any trouble in a supposedly joyful event. Baekhyun was not liking the atmosphere so he coughed loudly and gave Boran a dissatisfied look as a warning. Chanyeol froze on his feet. "Scary," he thought. Baekhyun might be small but he was the one who doesn't back away, even to professors, when he feels his friends being threatened. He kept on glaring at Boran who eventually got his message. He excused himself and patted Lu Han's shoulder before he left. "I'll see you around."

"No you won't," Baekhyun murmured.

When the man was finally out of sight, Lu Han sighed. He noticed Kai's tight grip on his wrist and apologized. 

"You're not the one to say sorry, hyung. You didn't do anything wrong," said Chanyeol. "Except for the fact that you didn't tell me about him," Kai butted in. "He likes you."

Lu Han's face dropped in weary.

"I guess we'll leave you alone to talk," said Baekhyun before standing up and dragging Chanyeol away from the table. However, Kai decided to go home at once and didn't bother to finish to party. He was fuming. He was aware that he's being irrational but he can't help it. There is something on the way Boran speaks that angers him. It's as if he knows Lu Han better than him. He acts like he had something with Lu Han in the past that Kai, the boyfriend, will never get to understand and experience.

It .

||Present *10:45 pm||

Lu Han slips under the blanket and rests his head on Kai's bare chest. He holds the younger one closer even though there is nothing but closeness between them. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell you about him because that was in the past. It doesn't suppose to matter now," mutters Lu Han. 

"He still likes you."

"Kai-ah. Don't be like that."

Kai sighs and rubs his face in irritation, "I know I don't make sense. I shouldn't be feeling this way but I can't help it. I just feel.... threatened"

Lu Han rolls on top of him so he can embrace his lover tightly. Kai hugs him back just as tight.

"Don't you trust me?"

Kai feels guilty.

"Do you really think I have feelings for him?"

No. You love me and only me.

"Do you know I can do everything for you? That's how much I love you. You mean the world to me so please, don't ever think about anything else but us. Trust me. You have all of my heart."

Kai gives in and kisses him eagerly, "Sorry." He whispers breathlessly. "I'm sorry. I'm such a child."

Lu Han cups his cheeks and presses his lips a little harder. His arms clutch tightly on the younger one's shoulders. He kisses Kai passionately, pouring out his feelings of love for the latter. Kai doesn't mind drowning in Lu Han's touch.

That night, he made Kai forget about all his doubts and loved him until the only thing imprinted in their minds is the image of each other.

-

A/n: Sorry had to add LuxBoran here. It's very unlikely but whatever. Blame the damn magazine shoot. kekeke