Chapter 4

My Heart Beats After Thousands of Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Deep breath in, deep breath out. And again.

 

"Stupid, let's go."

 

Deep breath in, deep breath out. And again.

 

"Carry this, servant."

 

Deep breath in, deep breath out. And again.

 

"Servant, go fetch this for me."

 

Deep breath in, deep breath out. Restrain from killing. It would be very bad for you.

 

"Yah, stupid, why are you so slow. Hurry up!"

 

Just keep calm, just keep calm. Just keep calm.

 

 

 

 

I huffed and scowled my face into something animalistic. I couldn't hold it in and let out my frustration in a growl that sent the birds outside my window flapping away in haste.

The damn bratty princess was driving me bat- crazy! Talk about a slave driver!

 

 

My dignity as a highly ranked and decorated army Captain, out the window.

 

My patience, worn thin. And I have all the time in the world!

 

My pride and ego, gone just like that.

 

Forget that I am the monster. She is the monster.

 

A gorgeous, tempting specimen of a monster maybe, but still a monster.

 

 

After I had packed my belonging and bade Lau a tearful (on his part) goodbye as well as the rest of the men that made up my regimen, I set out with the Emperor and his envoy back to the palace.

 

That was when my "slavery" began.

 

"Yah, servant, go fetch me some water. I'm thirsty."

My eye twitched in annoyance. "Princess, your water is a few feet away. It would be more logical to get up and get it yourself."

She glared at me, "Excuse me, did you forget I'm a princess. I tell you what to do. Now fetch me my water."

She had a point, she was the princess, but it didn't mean she had to be a stuck up brat about it and flaunt it.

 

Throughout the whole journey that was how it was; she would demand this or demand that to the point I wanted to cut my ears off and shove them in to silence her.

It was a 3 day journey back to the palace and this was only the first day, I still had 2 days left of her demands.

I wish I could tell you what happened with the remaining 2 days and what happened, but I have strategically blocked that out of my memory to suppress the anguishing pain of being ordered around like a little child. Also, for me to make sure I don't drastically wring her neck in annoyance.

I decided to be noble and wipe the slate clean. Such a long journey from the camp of a battlefield and a 3 day march back to the comforts of a sheltered, pampered life can be hard (for her). Plus, she was with a bunch of grimy men (minus me cause well...never mind) and having a detail placed on you by your father is a bit constricting, so I'll give her that, but otherwise that is it.

 

 

I braced my hands on the wooden sill overlooking the circular garden outside my window. It was nice. Peaceful, quiet and bursting with color; everything you would think is in a garden. My room was located down the hall from the princess's room for easy access in case any emergencies were to come up or danger, but I couldn't imagine what kind of danger lied in a heavily guarded - basically prison like - building with the except of  lavish furnishing of a royal. There couldn't be an immediate physical danger I could imagine popping up against the princess.

Well, I couldn't really complain. I was getting fed good food, fine clothing contrasted to my war uniform that was worn and tattered from excessive clashes in battle. I was also given the liberty to explore the sections of the palace many could only dream of seeing. 

 

 

Well.....I actually could complain. Besides the demanding princess, the noisy gossip that goes around the palace is mind boggling. Heighten sense of as a vampire is great when you need it and useless when you don't want it.

 

For example, the first day I arrived in the palace, it threw wide open a flood gate of gossip to who I was and what purpose of bringing to the pristine palace a dirty solider like I was for.

 

Well excuse me for not looking like a pampered that's got a stick shoved so far up their it can't be taken out. Dam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter