Chapter 17

My Heart Beats After Thousands of Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sprawled out on my bed like a flounder unmoving. I could hardly move I was so lethargic. After a long night of grabbing some well needed fresh blood I felt much better and less agitated, but at the same time I felt like being a bum and just lay there on my bed and not move.

 

 

Sneaking out of the palace was one of the thrills of night. I loved the sensation of gliding behind the shadows that illuminated the palace as I made my way out to feed. I took the long way out making it a game to see if I could sneak past all the guards in the palace and exit out the front gates. It was interesting to see them second guess themselves if they were seeing things and cower in fear of absolutely nothing in the vicinity. It was a good way for me to keep my sense and stealth up too, but let's face it, the enjoyment of watching people's frightened look give me a rush of excitement.

I ended up feeding on cattle in the outskirts of pasture 20 kilometers away from the palace. I drained one full cattle and made it look like it was attacked by wild animals (oh the irony) and tapped 3 more cattle but left them with enough blood to only make them pass out for a few hours. It would have to suffice for the time being. Afterwards I trekked south and ran into a group of bandits on a trade route waiting to ambush unknowing traders. No one would miss them if they were gone; I'd be doing everyone a favor in getting rid of them for good. Naturally that was the demonic side of me speaking. I had made a contract with myself; I could release the inner demonic monster when it came to feeding, especially on scums such as bandits who profited on stealing from merchants and killing them afterwards, or any other heinous people in the world. So with a shrug of my shoulders I walked willing to the group of bandits playing the lost innocent person asking for directions, while hiding my true intentions until it was too late for them when they thought they had gotten a gift from the gods to extort. I tore them apart swiftly limb by limb until there was nothing left except a mass splatter of blood staining the ground and every one of their bodies drained of my living elixir. I took up a nearby weapon and hacked away at each bandit, a different cut on each of them to replicate a fight had gone down.

 

By the time I was done, dawn would soon break in an hour signaling my cue to return to the palace. With my belly full and my vigor restored I headed back.

It felt wonderfully free to the point I could drift off into dreamland, metaphorically.

 

 

That was until a loud knocking was heard from my door.

"Servant, get up!! Yiyun!!"

It was the princess. What the hell was she doing at my door knocking so loud and so early?

"Open up or I'll barge in, stupid!"

That roused me up rather quickly and unceremoniously. I looked down at my shirt and was horrified to find that blood was stained all over it. , I forgot to toss this and change into a new one!

I knew the princess kept good on her words, and if she said she will bang down the door to come in, she will.

I frantically scampered to one of the drawers that I knew held fresh shirts and quickly pulled open the doors, searching for a new shirt to throw on. Once I found one I ripped the one I was wearing with the blood stains and stuffed it in a hamper I kept secretly behind the drawers containing older blood stained shirts that I had yet to dispose of.

I shoved my arms through the sleeves and was in the process of trying to get my shirt to work with me but failing when the princess barged in with her arms crossed and her nostrils flared in annoyance.

"I told you to get up or else I was going to barge..... in."

 

I stopped in the middle of what I was doing, which was trying to tie parts of my shirt. The princess got a good glimpse at my back and collarbone. Thank heavens I angles myself at the last second or else the princess would be getting an eye full of something else entirely.

Immediately she turned a brilliant shade of red and hastily turned around shielding her eyes with her hands. She tried to stammer out something but failed miserably with cohesive words.

I sighed out loud. "This is why you should never barge into my room. But I must ask, like what you see?" I asked smugly teased, a hint of mischievousness playing in my eyes and a devilish smirk growing on my lips.

 

"Just... Just be out and ready in a few minutes." She abruptly said and scurried away out of my room as quickly as possible, slamming the door as she went.

I chuckled to myself at my accomplishment at making her so flustered. It's not my fault she decided to charge into my room like a bull. Should have waited like a lady.

I tied my shirt securely and donned on the rest of my wardrobe and then my bracers and grabbed my sword before I existed my room and walking over to the princess's room to let her know that I was ready for whatever she had in mind.

"Knock knoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter