Chapter 15

My Heart Beats After Thousands of Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

True to her words, Soojung slowly opened up to me and tried to show her genuine happiness to the world. She even tried to be less bratty, demanding and coy with me; however that did not mean that she stopped trolling me, that still happens. But I didn't really mind, I got her back with my own trolling, besides the delightful expression on her face was worth it. She started to frequently visit me during my early morning spars with Yifan or whenever I was by myself, occasionally bring me water or bread. Lately she visited along with Su-ji, one of her closer friends, and they would come bearing gifts of breakfast and watch Yifan and I spar.

 

 

"Try and keep up, Captain." Yifan smirked mockingly.

I tsk'ed. Damn him mocking me like that. I was not about to let that slide. Yifan and I were up to our usual, the early morning sword sparring out in the empty palace courts.

He had gotten better as our sessions progressed and I applauded him for picking up on the new techniques I taught, however I did not teach him all my skills and held back to see what he could utilize with his own strength and mind. But like I said, I was not about to be bested by some upstart wannabe, friend or not. I know; I'm slightly evil.

Within minutes I wiped that smirk from his face and had him pinned to the floor with my sword hovering above his jugular and my weight on his back.

"I win," I grinned amusingly.

"Get off me." He grunted underneath.

"Say you yield and I suppose that could be arranged."

Yifan struggled some more under my weight as I held him down. He finally relented when all his struggles were getting nowhere and I didn't even budge as he wiggled.

"Geez, are you made of iron or something?" He gruffed, brushing off the dirt on his clothes. "Like seriously, I'm way taller than you and look way stronger. How the hell do you still beat me? You don't have a secret do you?" Yifan scrutinized questionably.

I let off an uneasy laugh, "No. I'm just better. Lots of train that's all."

He looked at me for a minute before saying, "Doubtful." And then proceeded to locking me in a headlock.

"What's with the rough hosing so early in the morning?"

With my head clamped by his arms, a turnabout was necessary for me to see who it was and the scene of the two of us moving in sync and looking like two-headed idiots elated giggles from our audience.

"Su-ji!" Yifan beamed, releasing my head to greet her.

But she was not alone, princess Soojung was present too, which Yifan failed to notice until he was right in front of the two and hurriedly bowed; failing by the way to act professional in the presence of the princess. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, hiding my smirk.

Smoothly I walked to both Su-ji and Soojung, lightly bowing my heads in acknowledgement. "Morning to the both of you."

Soojung gave me a light smile and looked away briefly feeling awkward with the four of us standing so close.

Su-ji must have read the slightly awkward atmosphere and quickly ushered us to the stone table to enjoy the breakfast she brought us.

"Eat up, it's freshly made as always and this time Soojung helped!"

My eyes darted to Soojung in awe. I didn't know she helped to prepare breakfast this time. Usually Su-ji would prepare the breakfast and Soojung tagged along once it was done to meet us. It was hard enough to wake the princess, nevertheless wake up early and make us food too. That was something new.

Soojung blushed crimson and reprimanded Su-ji. "Don't tell them that! It just seeme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter