Chapter 34

My Heart Beats After Thousands of Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thing about newborns are they are stronger since they just acquired their powers, but the compensation for those new powers is they are slow in reaction and clumsy because they don't know how to control their powers just yet.

However, because those men were controlled by someone else who is a veteran I had a bit of trouble.

But not that much trouble.

It did not take long for me to gain the upper hand.

A slash to my left, three monsters newly pronounced dead for good.

A whirl to the right, two killed mid-way trying to stab at me.

A dodge from a slash, a counter from the back, a parry of advancing spears.

The more monsters I took down the more frustrated the newborns were getting and the more reckless and stupid they became. I smirked in satisfaction.

Seeing that controlling them was not doing much damage to me, I suppose that whoever was on the controlling end decided to go about a different tactic.

Set the newborns loose completely and let them have at it. If they could kill me in their more savage state then it would be easy to slay the campsite; at least that was what he hoped.

"Lay down your arms." I commanded to the now uncontrolled group. They could move more freely and have a mind of their own, in a sense.

"Never." They sneered.

"Then be warned that I will not hesitate to kill you." I warned menacingly, pointing my sword at them.

"What makes you think you can kill us? We are now immortals!" One shouted.

"Clearly you are delusional." I snorted amusingly. "Look around you. You see your fallen comrades, they are dead by my hands. Shall you advance any further, you shall meet the same fate. You are not immortals; not against me."

The one-thousand men commander I killed prior stepped up, his ego flaring like a flame.

"You are nothing compared to us!" He boasted. "Our Captain made us stronger, invincible, and immortal. Who cares what we are now, we can live for eternity. And quite frankly, I like what I am now."

"Imbeciles." I muttered under my breath. "You fools do not know the half of it. Explaining anything to your small brains is impossible."

"Who cares!" They chorused. "We serve our commander and the Western army!"

"That's right!" The one-thousand men commander echoed. "We can kill this guy and get a huge reward!"

"You think you can kill me?" I chuckled. "Sorry, but if you haven't noticed, I am one of you."

I flashed my glowing ruby eyes and bared my fangs at them. "If you really think you can kill me, by all means, try. But look around you, your friends are all dead, and I killed them. Do not with me. I am being rather generous here; give me the information I seek and I'll kill you swiftly."

At that, some began to back off, seeing that indeed I was as powerful as I claimed. Just the mere aura I exulted was making them shrivel up in fear and wanting to run with their tails between their legs like a submissive dog.

"Do not back down!" Yelled one of the soldiers bravely. "We will be rewards ten times as much for bring this one down! Do not forget we cannot die! He is bluffing!"

"Brave, but stupid." I said turning my sword.

In a blink of an eye I was standing in front of the brave soldier who had enough balls to defy me, and cut him down while the surrounding soldiers watched.

"Who wants to be next."

Instantaneously the mass all jumped at me with their weapons drawn. I became a flurry of devastation, my sword swinging, slashing, jabbing, parrying from left to right. Occasionally I would shoot my left hand out and clench the neck of a soldier growling at them to see their scared face, before snapping their neck like a brittle twig.

Within minutes, all the newborn monsters were spewed at my feet, dead and gone for good. Only one was left alive, the cocky one-thousand men commander now kneeling at my feet. I had him by the throat, his left arm se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter