Chapter 13

My Heart Beats After Thousands of Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't get it. First the princess is happy I cared and saved her, the next second she slaps me and storms off back to the palace without saying a word to me. When we reached the palace she went straight to her sanctuary while leaving me high and dry and confused as .

Walking through the palace we ran into Yifan. He gave me a perplexed look and pointed at silently fuming princess.

Should I ask why, he gesture.

I shook my head to indicate no.

He shrugged and walked off to his post. I was sure he would ask for an explanation the next time I saw him.

 

 

Soojung did not come of her room for dinner and she refused any food that was presented to her by the maids at her door. Thank heavens that the Emperor was away for business or else I was pretty sure he was going to grill me on why his daughter was upset and not speaking to me. I would have been so screwed, cause I didn't have an answer for him at all.

I ran into one of her elder maids on the way to my room holding a tray of food.

I frowned. "Good evening, did you just come from the princess's room?"

The old lady nodded sadly. "The princess refuses to eat anything. She wants to be left alone in her room."

"I see."

"Young master," The old lady began. "Do you know why she's so upset?"

I sighed, "I don't honestly know." I brought my hand to my temple and rubbed it. "I saved her from harm on our outing today and she was thankful for that. But then the next thing I know, she slaps me."

"Oh, my dear boy." The old maid gasped. "Did she say anything to you?"

I scratched my head unsure before I said, "She....mumbled that I was just the same as all of them, although who 'all of them' is, I don't have a clue."

"Ah," the maid seemed to understand. "I see what she means."

With a confused expression I tilted my head waiting for her to tell me what she meant.

She gave me a sympathetic look and patted my cheek affectionately. "It's not my place to tell you, but I will say this; take it easy on the princess. She needs someone who can understand her. I have a feeling you are that someone."

I raised an eyebrow still lost. What the hell did she mean by that?

"Here," she handed me the tray. "Take this to her and sort it out."

With a pointed look she said, "And be persistent, get the answers you seek from her. There is no one who can tell it to you like her."

The maid walked away back to the maids' quarters leaving me standing in the hallway with a tray of food and a confused expression on my face.  Shaking my head and complying to the advice of the old maid, I headed towards the room of the princess.

I apprehensively stood outside the princess's door contemplating if I should knock and if this was a bad idea to begin with. Mustering up my courage and taking a deep breath in, I knock gently on the door.

"Go away! I said I wasn't hungry!" A muffled voice shouted on the other side of the door.

I clicked my tongue; guess I would have to barge in and be on the receiving end of the princess's wrath for this.

Carefully, I turned the knob and peered into the room. The room was huge! Expensive imports of silk were draped all over the delicately carved furniture. In one corner, there stood a giant polished bronze mirror and next to that was an accessory table where all of the princess's luxurious jewelry were kept. Scanning the room I found where Soojung was; laying on her bed with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter