Chapter 5: Change Does Happen Overnight

Focus On Me!

 

 

 

“It’s very refreshing to the eyes to see you two together again. The both of you have grown so much! Especially you, Yixing. My, you’re dimples have gotten deeper!” complimented Mrs. Xi as they all ate their dinner prepared by the finest chefs they know, Luhan and Yixing’s moms.

 

Yixing giggled at the compliment like a high school teenage girl and bowed to the lady. “Thank you, Mrs. Xi!”

 

“Daebak, when did you learn how to speak Korean so well?” Luhan and his mom inquired at the same time. Yixing’s dad, Mr. Zhang, chuckled and ruffled his son’s hair as the latter was paying more attention to the Korean dishes before him. “He was very excited to go back to Korea that he was eager to learn the language and even became the language school’s top student in less than two months!”

 

Everyone around the dining table clapped their hands as Yixing blushed and shoved a piece of Kimchi in his mouth. Luhan only ruffled his hair because Yixing was still Yixing. Ever since they were children, if Yixing wanted something he would do whatever he can to get it. Knowing that Yixing was ecstatic to see Korea again and be able to learn the language faster than Luhan did, made Luhan’s heart simply swell in pride.

 

‘That’s my best friend!’ he thought as he patted his shoulder, feeling more proud of Yixing than Yixing’s own father could. After dinner, the two boys went to hang-out in Luhan’s room. Yixing landed on Luhan’s bed and the older, clearly aware that Yixing knows that he doesn’t like other people on his bed, just shrugged his shoulders and allowed Yixing to nap for a bit. It’s Yixing, after all. If it would have been Baekhyun and the others, he would have immediately kicked them off.

 

Except for Sehun of course. Sehun can do anything he wants to do in his bed for all Luhan could care. Suddenly, very, very, VERY inappropriate images flashed through Luhan’s mind, some vivid, some a little blurry but the rest seemed magical (for Luhan, that is).

 

Taking advantage of his childhood friend’s sudden mental absence, Yixing snooped around Luhan’s room to find anything worthy of blackmail. He checked under the bed, inside the closets and drawers but found nothing except—a picture of Luhan and a tall, handsome guy beside him.

 

In the photo, any stranger would see how happy Luhan was. His eyes crinkled at the ends and his smile reaching his ears. But Yixing knows Luhan better than anyone. That boy would still smile even after getting hurt. It was weird. Luhan was weird.

 

What caught Yixing’s attention the most was the guy beside Luhan, the guy’s long arm around Luhan’s shoulders and his smile a little less bright than Luhan’s. It was a close-up picture so Yixing couldn't see where they were or what was behind them but he could tell that it was maybe taken one of their dates.

 

Yixing knows Luhan is in a relationship and he’s happy for him but something was off about the guy next to his friend. Yixing has seen him somewhere but he couldn’t remember where.

 

‘Maybe he was one of my butlers in my dream where they were scrubbing my feet with butter and feeding me gummy ponies on a stick.’ Yixing smiled at the memory. ‘Best. Dream. Ever!’

 

--

 

It was a lovely Sunday today. Luhan had spent his Friday and Saturday with Yixing and he wished to relax for today which, that wish was granted because Yixing and his parents decided to tour around Seoul to look for items they could put around their house that was being furnished and cleaned today.

 

Luhan got out of bed and scratched his bum. ‘Ugh, stupid bed bugs.’

 

When he opened the door of his room to get breakfast downstairs, four bodies laid atop of each other on Luhan’s bedroom floor. He would’ve helped them but a string of Korean and Chinese curse words flew past his ears and decided to just smack them one by one. “Language, please! You’re inside the Xi residence and curse words are not tolerated.”

 

“Sorry!” Tao was the first to get up and hug Luhan. “They also came barging inside my house when I woke up and they just dragged me here without any explanation!”

 

“Do you think I’m any different? I wouldn’t be here on a lovely Sunday if a certain SOMEONE didn’t drag me all the way here!” Xiumin defended himself, earlobes turning red, a sign that he was going to snap anytime soon. Luhan nodded and turned to Kyungsoo. “You too Kyungsoo? I doubt Baekhyun would have dragged you here all by himself!”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “He agreed to buy me lunch. Plus, he told me to help him help you. He’s right though.” Kyungsoo walked to Luhan and started fixing his bangs. “You really do need this.”

 

“Need what?”

 

“YES!” Baekhyun screeched and pulled out a strip of duct tape. “Let’s do this.”

 

--

 

“Squishy cheeks? Come in squishy cheeks. This is Park Baekhyun, over.”

 

“Baek, it’s Baozi Cheeks not squishy cheeks.” Minseok had said from the other line. He rolled his eyes, thumb hovering over the ‘end call’ sign.

 

“Yeah whatever. Baozi, squishy, it all sounds the same. What’s up?” Baekhyun replied.

 

Apparently, Baekhyun got everyone to play as undercover spies and it wasn’t working well. Only Tao was the one happily playing alone, stating a while ago that ‘I get to spy on Kris and see what he’s doing when I’m not around!’

 

“Sehun, Kai and the rest, 1 o’clock from your location, over.” Xiumin replied while giggling. Baekhyun nodded at Xiumin’s figure 5 feet away from him and turned to Kyungsoo. “Everything is as planned. Is he ready?”

 

“Just a few last touches.” Kyungsoo replied while he fixed Luhan’s hair. He smiled to himself and patted his shoulder. “I am amazing.”

 

Luhan turned to Baekhyun and tugged on his sleeve. “Baek…I don’t know about this.”

 

Baekhyun placed his hands on Luhan’s trembling shoulders and shook him slightly. “Lu, this is the next big step in our plan! I’m betting my eyeliner collection that you will surely catch his attention for good! Think about it, what if his secret lover was y?”

 

Luhan pouted at that and it earned Baekhyun three slaps on the arm courtesy of Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Tao who were now standing behind them, fixing their and Luhan’s appearance.

 

“The only way to beat y is to be ier.” Baekhyun continued after taking a look at his injured arm. “Come on Lu. Do you really want to get Sehun’s attention today?”

 

Everyone waited for the doe-eyed boy’s reply. Luhan thought over Baekhyun’s words like it was a passage from the Bible and took it wholeheartedly. He wore a face of determination and wiped the dust off his shirt. “Alright. Let’s do this.”

 

It was Monday and classes were about to start. Everyone walked around like a zombie. Who wouldn’t right? It’s MONDAY for Pete’s sake. Everyone loathed this day. Sehun, Jongin, Kris, Chen, Suho and Chanyeol stood in front of Chen’s locker at the end of the hall, all waiting for their lovers, minus Chen and Suho, to come to school so they could all go to class together.

 

OPERATION: GET SEHUN TO GO GAGA OVER YOU.

5th Way: Change something about yourself. Change your hair, your appearance, anything that will make you him not look away from you but instead, keep you all for himself and shield you from the hungry eyes of  the others. Don't worry, it's a sign that he still wants you. 

 

Neither of them knew about what was going to happen until five equally good-looking guys walked inside of the school like they just came from a magazine pictorial. A gush of wind passed by and yet there were no open windows in the halls. Everyone stopped and stared at them, some even taking out their phones to get a snapshot of these gods that came down to bless them with their presence.

 

Tao was wearing a simple plaid red shirt and black skinny jeans paired with combat boots. His eyes were lined with eyeliner, a thin layer on his eyelids and a think smudge at the corners of his eyes. He wore one earring at his right ear and two rings around his middle and ring finger respectively. Of course, to top it all off he was holding a simple Gucci handbag which Kris has bought for him.

 

Kyungsoo was wearing a turtleneck despite the hot weather. He also wore a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and paired it with a pair of worn-out converse. Even though his Converse were a bit old, it matched his outfit perfectly. He didn't have any make-up on, showing the whole school his bare-face glory.

 

Xiumin was wearing the simplest clothes, a white long-sleeved polo and a pair of faded jeans with black sneakers. He wasn't wearing any make-up either and his hair was styled upwards, the ends creating a point at the tip.

 

As the diva and the mastermind of it all, Baekhyun thought of wearing something that would show off some skin. He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt that looked a bit small for him but whenever he would inhale some air, his shirt would lift upwards, showing the students his flawless skin underneath those clothes. He was also wearing a layer of eyeliner. As for his hair, he has designed it to look like he just woke up. He called it the 'messy style'.

 

Everyone gawked at them while they were passing by. Girls screamed and boys whistled, admiring the view of these particular students. The group of boys at the end of the hall dropped their jaws at the wonderful sight, some can even feel their pants tightening at the sinful sight.

 

But that was not all of it. The four mentioned boys parted to the side to let someone step into the middle, collective gasps erupting from the four corners of the hallway. This particular guy was wearing a simple plain white long-sleeved polo, a pair of black skinny jeans paired with black combat boots.

 

He might look simple, but no, that wasn’t all of it. Everyone knew this guy because he was quite popular and he was called ‘the cute Chinese transferee from Class 4-A’. Before, he had honey-blonde hair that bounced wherever he went because of its curls but now, that particular honey-blonde hair has disappeared and got replaced with black, semi-curly hair. The students also noticed how he seemed to glow even brighter and he was looking more feminine than ever.

 

The cheering and howling and whistling got louder and these five boys neared the boys waiting for them. If Sehun wasn’t on his phone he would have glanced at the commotion but he didn’t notice the ruckus, not until Jongin nudged him and said: “Dude, drop that thing and look!”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at Jongin before finally looking up, his jaw dropping to the floor along with his beloved phone. He raked his eyes up and down the person that makes his heart beat. Speaking of heart, it isn’t beating normally anymore. It’s going into overdrive.

 

The person in front of him smiled an angelic smile. “Hi!”

 

Sehun felt something tightening down south. “L-Luhan?”

 

 


 

--x

A/N: So I’m cutting it short at this particular part because HELL I AM WATCHING MAMA AND THE HELL EXO IS SOOOOO ING HOT LIKE I CAN’T EVEN KEEP UP AND WHAT’S WITH “DROP THAT”? IS THAT A NEW SONG? IF IT IS, I FREAKING LOVE IT AND OMG KAI AND SEHUN DURING LIGHTSABER T^T PERFECCCT!

Now about the chapter, I just love how Kyungsoo is so conceited hahah and for the descriptions, I’ll let you use your imaginations :D  tell me what you guys think, okay? Let me know!! :D

THANKS FOR THE 100+ SUBS! I LOVE YOU ALL OKAY!!!!

Oh! Do you guys know Ouran High School Host Club? I'm planning to create a fic inspired from it with EXO as characters. If you don't know it, it's a manga and it's very funny and cute and waaaaah. I'm also making another fic but this one is fully created by me haha I'll post a sneak peek in the next chapter. Just you wait!