Chapter 4: I'm Not That Easy

Focus On Me!



 


OPERATION: GET SEHUN TO GO GAGA OVER YOU

4th Way: Play hard to get. If you sense that your boyfriend takes you in lightly, don’t let him. Tell him he has to work hard if he wants something. Don’t ever let him take you for granted.

 

“Are you crazy?” Xiumin screeched as he rolled the paper and smacked Baekhyun with it. He pointed towards a gloomy looking Luhan which, for starters, is NOT eating his sweets. NOT EATING IT! “Can't you see him right now Baekhyun? Do you want to upset him some more?”

 

“Hold up, hyung!” Baekhyun placed his hands in front of his body, blocking a seething Xiumin. “As much as I want to rip Sehun and shred him to pieces, which I might add would upset Luhan-hyung even more, I want to help him, okay? I want him to be happy again and the only thing, or person, who can do that is Oh freaking Sehun!”

 

“Baek!” Kyungsoo called. “Lower down your voice! I don’t want you to cause a scene again and humiliate us!”

 

Baekhyun frowned at Kyungsoo’s remark. Truly, he has GOOD friends. “Thank you Soo, for looking after your reputation.”

 

“My pleasure.”

 

Tao, who was beside the gloomy doe-eyed boy, poked the older’s cheek with a greasy French fry. “Hyung, are you okay?” Luhan nodded but went back to staring at his food like it was talking to him. “Yes, my store-bought chicken sandwich, I’m okay.”

 

Tao looked over at Kyungsoo. “Hyung, a little help?”

 

Kyungsoo patted Luhan’s cheeks lightly, causing the older boy to look at him. Kyungsoo gave him a soft smile and said: “If this helps anything, Sehun-ah was looking for you during first period.”

 

Luhan wanted to smile at Sehun’s thoughtfulness, but then he frowned at the possibility of Sehun making him wait, again. They should have had first period together but since the little dilemma yesterday, Luhan cried himself to sleep and woke up just in time for lunch break at school to start. “Oh.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo. “Wow Kyungsoo. That helps a lo—”

 

“LUHAN HYUNG!”

 

A loud voice called for him and in came the running figure of Sehun. His shiny dark brown hair was disheveled and was sticking out in different directions. The first two buttons of his checkered plaid shirt were open, revealing the milky white skin of his neck and collarbone.

 

Luhan wiped the drool off the corners of his mouth.

 

He stood up and met Sehun halfway. He looked at his boyfriend’s messy appearance before saying “What is it, Sehunnie?”

 

“Hyung, I’m so sorry!” Suddenly, Luhan was being enveloped by long, slender arms and his face pressed into the broad chest of Oh Sehun. He could smell Sehun’s unique scent, a mix of vanilla and strawberries, inhaling it like it was his oxygen. Sehun was kissing the top of Luhan’s head repeatedly. “Luhan hyung I am so sorry. Something just came up yesterday and I had to attend to it because mom and dad—“

 

“Shh...” Luhan placed his index finger on Sehun’s plump, pink lips. “It’s okay. I forgive you.” Sehun was about to smile but instead a pout was on his face because Luhan smacked him several times on his arm. “DO NOT MAKE ME WAIT THAT LONG AGAIN, OKAY?!? STUPID! YOU’RE LUCKY THAT TAO AND THE OTHERS FOUND ME YOU IDIOT! I COULD HAVE BEEN LOCKED UP INSIDE THE SCHOOL YESTERDAY AND YOU MISTER KNOW HOW I AM SO AFRAID OF THE DARK!”

 

Kyungsoo, Tao and Xiumin’s jaws dropped at the sight while Baekhyun only smirked at them. “I taught him that. Luhan’s a fast learner!”

 

“That’s because you always do that to Chanyeol when he forgets about you.” Kyungsoo commented and proceeded to eat. Baekhyun stomped his foot on the floor. “Yah! You also do that to Jongin!”

 

“Do not tell me how to discipline my idiotic boyfriend.” Kyungsoo only glared at Baekhyun and the latter had no choice but to obey Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo’s words are law.

 

--

 

“So, what do you want to do?” Sehun asked as he walked down the busy streets of Seoul, hand holding his lover’s. “I still want to make it up to you because of yesterday. I feel really bad just thinking about it.”

 

“Hmm…” Luhan tapped his index finger on his chin and thought of things Sehun could buy for him. Since he didn’t touch his sweets all day, he decided to drag Sehun to his favorite café and order some cake with bubble tea.

 

“Good morning! How can I—Luhan?!” the person behind the cash register exclaimed and smiled very brightly that it almost blinded Sehun. “I haven’t seen you in a long time! How are you?”

 

‘Are you not taking our orders?’ Sehun thought as he shooted daggers towards the employee using his eyes. The employee could either be dense or too mesmerized by his Luhan that he didn’t notice someone staring at him. And what made Sehun even more irritated was the fact that Luhan was also ignoring him as he and the employee conversed.

 

“I’m so sorry, Henry! School life is getting hectic and I don’t have time to go out anymore!” Luhan said and pouted, causing the employee, specifically this so-called Henry, to coo at him and pinch his cheeks while Sehun groaned in frustration. ‘Only I have the right to see and coo at Luhan’s cute actions so I will put an end to his happiness.’

 

“Ehem. We’re kind of in a hurry. Are you not taking our order?” Sehun managed to cut off, ignoring Luhan’s “We’re in a hurry to where?” and pretending not to see the forming scowl on Henry’s face. “We’ll buy one slice of blueberry cheesecake, one large Taro bubble tea and one large Chocolate bubble tea to go. Oh, and make it fast alright? We’ll be late to our honeymoon.”

 

Sehun couldn’t help but smirk as he heard Henry drop something out of shock at what Sehun had said. Even Luhan turned to him with his eyebrows scrunched. “Whaaaa…?”

 

“H-Here you go.” Henry gave them their order and Sehun found it funny that he was clutching the paper bag so tight creases were forming. Sehun took out his wallet and was about to pay when Henry stopped him. “It’s on the house. Congratulations on your wedding.” he said in a monotone voice as he turned to serve the customer behind them.

 

Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and walked outside the café to head to the park. Once at the park, they sat on the bench under the big, shady tree in the middle of the field. Sehun handed Luhan his bubble tea and a fork.

 

“Sehunnie, what was that?” Luhan asked, face and voice looking and sounding slightly annoyed. “That wasn’t nice.”

 

“He was being TOO friendly with you.”

 

“That’s because he is my friend. He’s Chinese and I met him on the plane on my way to Korea.”

 

“Well, I didn’t know that.” Sehun also said in a monotone voice and with a stoic expression on his face. “Certainly you didn’t tell me that.”

 

“I didn’t think it mattered.” Luhan, placing his bubble tea and fork on the bench turned to Sehun who was looking somewhere else. “What is up with you today?”

 

“What is up with me is that you should tell me if you have any other guy friends beside the other ten that you have. Are there more Henrys that I should know about?” Sehun replied.

 

Luhan didn’t know why he but he got annoyed at Sehun’s words and it hurt him a bit to know that Sehun was doubting his love for him even though the younger was the one being a little distant from him these past few days. “Am I becoming the bad guy here? I skipped one tiny little detail and you suddenly get mad at me? If you want to play the truth game, fine! Where were you yesterday when you forgot about me?!”

 

Luhan had his arms crossed. He doesn’t know why he asked that but a surge of confidence appeared and robbed him of his decision-making skill. Plus, he’s THAT curious to know. Sehun, instead of answering the question, stood up and cradled Luhan’s face into his hands and admitted: “I was jealous, okay? The way he just looked at you and—and smiled at you and pinched your cheeks—it brought me over the edge! Nobody shouldn’t look at you or smile at you or touch like that but myself!”

 

It hurt to see Sehun upset but Luhan was feeling giddy because of Sehun’s sudden confession. ‘Sehun was……..JEALOUS?! KYAAAAAH!’

 

Luhan hugged Sehun’s torso and spoke softly. “Sehun-ah, Sehunnie, Hunnie, Sehun-ssi, those looks I give to others cannot be compared to the looks I give you. Those smiles that I display to others are just a small piece of the really big smile that I show you. Others can touch me in areas that I allow them to touch but you, you’re the only one who can touch me everywhere.”

 

It was a cute confession but Sehun blushed at the last line. Who knew Luhan could be a bit naughty? He feels like he has failed in being a boyfriend to a wonderful person like Luhan. I mean, come on, doubting your boyfriend’s love for you? That’s just low. Sehun was disappointed on himself.

 

He hugged Luhan tighter and buried his face in the elder’s soft hair. “I love you, Luhan.”

 

“I love you, Sehun.”

 

--

 

“Lu, we’re here.”

 

Luhan opened his eyes and indeed, they were in front of his house. After their confessions at the park, they decided to eat in a restaurant. After eating, they walked back to school to retrieve Sehun’s car and went to Luhan’s house to drop him off.

 

Luhan yawned and stretched his limbs. He was about to step out of the car when he felt Sehun grip his arm, getting pulled to sit on the younger’s lap. Luhan’s cheeks turned red. Sehun smirked.

 

“You know, I still feel bad about yesterday. Are you really going to forgive me that easily?” the younger questioned. Luhan nodded. “Yes. But speaking of yesterday, where did you go?”

 

Instead of answering, Sehun lifted Luhan’s shirt a bit and slid his hands up and down the sides of Luhan’s body. Luhan giggled. Sehun can really get Luhan that easy—Wait a second.

 

‘THE PLAN!’ Luhan thought. He won’t let Sehun win. Not today. He won’t if he doesn’t answer his question.

 

Luhan looked at Sehun seriously. “Sehun-ah, where were you yesterday?”

 

But Sehun only ignored him and started kissing Luhan’s tummy while still sliding his hands up and down the sides of the elder’s body. Luhan covered his mouth to stop himself from giggling. Sehun reached up and tried to pry Luhan’s hands off his mouth. Once he pried them off successfully, he lowered Luhan’s head so he could kiss those lips but Luhan quickly covered them.

 

Sehun groaned as Luhan sat up straight and glared at Sehun. “You will not get a kiss from me if you don’t tell me where you went yesterday.”

 

But Sehun was stubborn as he pried Luhan’s hands off his mouth to try and kiss him. Luhan pressed his hands even harder on his skin. He winced but ignored the pain because he has to play hard-to-get to get what he wants.

 

When the both of them were tired, Luhan uncovered his mouth and said: “Why won’t you tell me?”

 

Sehun stayed silent.

 

“TELL ME OR ELSE YOU’LL NEVER GET TO KISS ME!”

 

“Okay! Alright! I give up!” Sehun sighed. “I’ll tell you, but not now, okay? I’ll let you know when the right time comes.”

 

Luhan pouted at Sehun’s answer but was glad that someday Sehun would tell him. He only hopes that the news Sehun will tell him soon won’t be about a new lover. Please no.

 

"Okay." Luhan nodded and kissed Sehun on the lips. It begun with just their lips pressing onto one another but Sehun started moving his and Luhan catched up. Soon, they were out of breath and Luhan stepped outside. Sehun gave him one last kiss before going back inside his car and speeding away.

 

Questions were flooding Luhan’s mind as he made his way upstairs after greeting his mom and dad who were entertaining guests in their living room. He was too distracted to see the faces of the guests but their voices were familiar.

 

When he reached his room, he plopped down on the bed and thought about today. Even though Sehun didn’t fully tell him about yesterday, he was satisfied at the thought of Sehun telling it to him someday. Luhan wouldn’t forget that.

 

He smelled something stinky and realized it was himself. They were walking under the afternoon sun a while ago and maybe he got a little sticky and sweaty. He decided to get up and shower. When he was about to get clothes, he opened his closet door and—

 

‘OUCH!’

 

He opened his eyes to see that he was on the floor and something heavy was on top of him. Wait, not something heavy, but someone. It was when he saw dimples and curly hair that he realized who the body belonged to and who the pair of guests downstairs were.

 

“Lulu!” the person greeted.

 

“Xingxing!” Luhan greeted back.

 

 

 

 

--x

A/N: Uhhh…slight ? Hahahaha! It was just a make-out so yeah haha you can still take it. So how about this chapter? Have you forgiven Sehun now? Aww, are you not liking how cute Sehun is when jealous? Hahahaha!

Oooh! And guess who’s back! Is this person the key to help mend Hunhan’s shaky relationship or will he be a hindrance to a happy ending? Stay tuned! 

*Just wanna say hi to SheWolf94! Thank you for actually liking this story. She's the author of "My Babygirl, My Babyboy"  that I have read and the story is sooo nice! You guys go ahead and read it :)