Chapter 11: Of WHYs, WHOs, And WHAT THE s?!

Focus On Me!

 

 

 

"Do you know what happened to him?"

 

"Not a clue."

 

"Maybe he didn't eat breakfast."

 

"Impossible. Hyung loves breakfast."

 

"Tsk. I bet he was having wet dreams but did not finish them."

 

"Jongin, shut your mouth!"

 

"Whaaaaat? We're all grownups here. Everyone is not as innocent as you think they are."

 

"Maybe Luhan-hyung is on his period today?"

 

With mouths open, everyone looked at Chen and gave him the 'Judging-You' look. Especially Kris. He was right beside the idiot and stared at Chen coldly. Everyone just rolled their eyes and Chen only looked at them, feigning innocence. "Whaaat? You don't know what happens to the world nowadays!"

 

"Chen, you're stupid., Xiumin commented as he popped a cheese stick in his mouth. They nodded to what Xiumin said and Chen stared hard at the eldest. 'Someday Xiumin...someday...'

 

They were approximately one chair away from the gloomy-aura Luhan who had his head placed on top of his open palm, staring out the window and sighing for every 5 minutes. Everyone looked at each other, worry painted on their faces as Baekhyun and Chanyeol made their entrance. 

 

Baekhyun immediately spotted Luhan and he too heaved a large sigh. He was getting tired of Luhan getting tired. They were like bros, very attached at the hip that's why Baekhyun could feel what Luhan was feeling. He felt his heart being squeezed and hammered several times at the thought of Luhan being not Luhan. He was afraid that it will affect Luhan's outlook in life and performance in class. 

 

Baekhyun was cursing Sehun to the deaths of hell because the guy wasn't even here to begin with. It was yet another day of classes and the bastard didn't show up. He doesn't know that Luhan saw him in front of an all-girls school, and he doesn't need to know. Baekhyun will do everything to protect Luhan, even if it meant him taking away Luhan's source of energy and happiness.

 

(3 years ago, Freshman year)

Baekhyun skipped to school, a big grin on his face with every hop he does. Finally, high school, the time where gets real. He, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, and Tao were freshmen now. Finally, he was in the big school for big kids. Middle school was definitely done. Ended for good. 'Yay!'

 

He had also hope to bump into Sehun. Sehun was his classmate since elementary and Baekhyun had a huge crush on him. It wasn't just his looks. He was a gentleman, very polite and very charming as well. He knows the right things to say and 'Oh my God, I'm thinking of Sehun again.'

 

The thought made Baekhyun blush a shade of red. He looked at the floor while he was walking because the blush on his face won't just go away. It was always like that when Sehun would pop into his mind at a random time and he can't help it. He would fantasize about Sehun sometimes, thinking that if they were to be a couple then he'd take Sehun to his favorite spots in Korea, especially at his grandma's house. Ohh, the joy of grandma's house and her oven fresh cookies.

 

Because he wasn't looking, he bumped into someone and his books fell on the floor. Quickly, he picked it up while the person who he had bumped into knelt and helped him also. Their hands accidentally touched each other's when they grabbed the same book. Baekhyun withdrew his hand while the stranger gave him the book. When they stood up, that's when Baekhyun knew who he had bumped into. He swore he could feel his face burn up.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

"I'm sorry I--Oh! Baekhyun, right?"

 

'He freaking knows my name! Waaaah!' Baekhyun thought as he nodded and gave Sehun a closed mouth smile. "Uh...Yeah."

 

"Wow." Sehun leaned a bit closer to Baekhyun and Baekhyun could feel Sehun's breath over his lips. Sehun was much taller than him that's why he bent down only to have Baekhyun's lips in his line of sight. "You look cute. Why haven't I seen you before? I only heard about you because of singing class last year."

 

Oh yes, the infamous 'Byun Baekhyun is great at singing' news last year. Baekhyun nodded again and leaned back a bit so Sehun wouldn't hear his rapidly beating heart. Sehun smirked and whispered, "I'll pick you up after class, yeah?"

 

 

A week passed and 'I still can't believe Sehun is my boyfriend now.' Baekhyun told himself over and over again, pinching his cheek after. Their class was heading towards the gym for their Physical Education class and Sehun was in the same class. Baekhyun smiled to himself because finally, he knows someone.

 

When their teacher told them to go look for partners, Baekhyun weaved through the crowd only to find Sehun paired up with someone else, and that someone else is a girl, a gorgeous girl. Baekhyun started feeling insecure about himself and was headed towards the bleachers because he's the odd one out when a hand grabbed onto his arm.

 

"Hey, wait." a deep voice called and Baekhyun turned around. There holding his arm was Park Chanyeol, one of Sehun's best friends and musical enthusiast. The guy could play several instruments which was truly admirable. "You don't have a partner, right? I don't have one either."

 

"Really?" Baekhyun was astonished because why the heck would Park Chanyeol have no partner? He was very good-looking and very talented, all of which was Baekhyun's ideal type. "I thought that maybe you'd have someone--"

 

"Tss, No, of course not. Everyone told me that they find my smile creepy. Is it creepy to you?" Chanyeol grinned at Baekhyun and Baekhyun could only laugh. He held his tummy as his laughter filled the giant's ears. "Hahahaha! No, it's not creepy. It actually looks funny."

 

"Well then." Chanyeol fixed his cap and pulled Baekhyun towards the front so he could listen to the teacher's instructions. They were all paired up because they had to do some kind of project due on the end of the semester. When the class had ended, Baekhyun found Sehun walking alone and he clung onto Sehun's arm.

 

"Hi! Are you ready for lunch?" Baekhyun asked but Sehun only ignored him, choosing to focus on his phone. Baekhyun frowned a bit but said nothing as he led Sehun to the cafeteria. Sehun stopped at the entrance and Baekhyun did the same. Sehun turned to him and said, "I've got plans. I also can't pick you up on your last class. Sorry."

 

Although he had said sorry, his face gave away nothing but apathy. Sehun didn't even look sorry and Baekhyun was very uncomfortable with it.

 

 

It was a month in their relationship that Baekhyun knew. He ing knew now. Sehun wasn't serious with him. Sehun went out with different boys and girls every week. He knew that it was only him that thought their relationship was something more. Tears were flowing down his cheeks as he met up with Park Chanyeol at the cafe near their school to do their project. Chanyeol looked extremely worried while Baekhyun convinced him that it was fine. The truth was, he wasn't and he won't ever will be. During that day, they haven't made any progress on their project because Chanyeol pampered Baekhyun a lot. He was trying to do his best at comforting the smaller and he only made little progress but all of his attempts made Baekhyun only laugh. It was a good sign though.

 

Three weeks after Baekhyun declared that he broke up with Sehun, Chanyeol courted him and dated him until they became official after another 3 weeks of dates, pick-up lines and kissing. 

 

When sophomore year rolled in, Baekhyun was ecstatic again but not because of Sehun anymore, but because of Chanyeol. He had missed the giant so much over the summer. Baekhyun and his family spent the summer at their grandma's house and Chanyeol and his family flew to L.A. to stay their until the vacation ended. They had been talking on Skype countless of times and Baekhyun was just itching to touch Chanyeol and not his laptop's screen.

 

His first class was homeroom and the teacher introduced a new student, that student being Luhan, a Chinese transferee. When Baekhyun landed his eyes on the petite male, he had almost wished he wasn't in love with Chanyeol but with this Luhan guy instead. Baekhyun pounced on him and self-declared himself as Luhan's bestfriend and the Chinese transferee just nodded while he was laughing at all of Baekhyun's crazy antics and facts. 

 

Luhan instantly became the talk of the town and Baekhyun hated it because there were just random people following Luhan around like Luhan was oxygen. Baekhyun had been clingy to Luhan on that day and Luhan didn't mind because he was clingy himself. The Chinese transferee was so popular that he had caught Sehun's attention and Sehun wanted to see if this Luhan guy was truly a flawless creature. 

 

They had met at the garden and Sehun's eyes grew to the widest size they could as he set eyes on Luhan. Luhan cocked his head to the side and asked Baekhyun if there was something on his face. Baekhyun shook his head as he shot daggers at Sehun. He knew that look and so he thought he'll make sure that Sehun would stop looking at Luhan like that. 

 

Baekhyun could not let Luhan fall into the trap made and established by Oh Sehun. He didn't want Luhan to be hurt by the person that hurt Baekhyun first. No ing way in hell.

 

Baekhyun and his plans he  because after 2 months of Sehun courting Luhan, Sehun telling Baekhyun that he's serious with Luhan, and Luhan pleading Baekhyun to just approve Sehun, HunHan was formed. Baekhyun couldn't believe that Sehun was actually serious with Luhan because their relationship lasted two years.

 

(End)

 

Baekhyun had snapped out of his reverie when everyone gathered around Luhan's place and he scurried there to know what the commotion was about. When his eyes had landed on Lay, a light bulb suddenly appeared and he took out his phone and snapped a photo of Lay and Luhan. He posted it on Instagram and smiled devilishly to himself.

 

you Oh Sehun. You ed up brat. 

 

--

 

[This next part is about what happened to Sehun after he picked up jinri from her school. Basically, yesterday's scene.]

 

"Ah son! You're here! And you even brought your beautiful girlfriend!"

 

Sehun tried hard not to squirm at the word 'girlfriend'. He had wished it was 'boyfriend' instead

 

He nodded at his dad and greeted his mom. They were at their company's party and Jinri was clinging on Sehun's arm while she was pulling her dress down a bit because it was too short. Sehun pinched her lightly to make her stop fidgeting which she did. She smiled brightly at Sehun's parents and bowed to them.

 

Sehun was about to walk off when his father said, "You know son, no matter what you do and who you date, it wouldn't change anything right?"

 

"I'm hungry dad, we'll talk later." Sehun had excused himself. He dropped off Jinri at the buffet table while he looked for an empty table. When he spotted one, he pulled out his phone and scrolled through his news feed when a notification popped up.

 

Instagram: @ParkByunBaek poster a new photo.

 

He opened the photo and--

 

"WHAT THE ?!"

 

 

 

 

--x

A/N: This is a very lengthy chapter because you guys deserve it for two reasons. 1) I did not update yesterday -- this is a late update and 2) FOM has reached over 210+ subs! Yeaaaaahhhh /jumps up and down/

So hehe I hope you enjoyed this chapter and DO NOT FREAKING FORGET TO COMMENT BELOW! I AM SEEING NEW USERNAMES IN THE COMMENTS AND I'M LIKING IT BECAUSE I'VE MANAGED TO PULL OUT SOME SILENT READERS OUT THERE :)) 

Comment below, SUBSCRIBES AND UPVOTES ARE LOVED!

 

I don't have any Daily HH right now because I'm running out of scenarios XD You can PM me for scenarios you would wish to see in the Daily HH convos~! 

Saranghaeyo!