Chapter 3: Notice Me!

Focus On Me!

 

 

 

"Lu baby, I'm so sorry!"



"No! Get away! You and your ridiculously delicious-looking chocolate fudge cake won't get my forgiveness!" Luhan shook his head and turned around, only to glance back at the two-tier chocolate cake Baekhyun was giving him as a peace offering. "Although… it looks SO good."



Baekhyun wore a smug smile while bringing the chocolate goodness closer to Luhan's face. "Come on, Lu! I swear if you don't like this cake I MADE for you, I'll never ask for your forgiveness again but please give this cake a chance and forgive meee!!"



Behind the bickering duo, Tao leaned in and whispered to Kyungsoo who was silently eating his sandwich. "Hyung, Baekhyun-hyung can....bake?"



Kyungsoo put down his tuna sandwich and turned to Tao with dull, bored eyes. "As if. Remember that time when he tried baking a cake for Chanyeol's birthday? Do you not know what happened next?"



Tao placed his fingers on his chin and tapped on it lightly. He sat up straight and pointed an accusing finger at Baekhyun's back. "He set the oven on fire!" Xiumin, who was also silently eating his lunch, pat Tao on the head and the younger purred at the action. "Bingo, Tao-yah."



Tao placed his elbows on the table and turned to Kyungsoo and Xiumin with a confused expression on his face. "Then where did he...?"



Kyungsoo pulled out a folded piece of paper wrapped around what seems to be a wad of Won. "A little deal was made with him and presto! He has a delicious two-tier chocolate fudge cake in his hands, something I know Luhan-hyung wouldn't be able to resist."



Just as Kyungsoo had said, Luhan and Baekhyun came back to their table with Luhan holding the cake in his hands, a huge smile plastered on his delicate features while Baekhyun schooled in a relieved look. "Man, it takes more than promises and words to get Luhan-hyung to forgive you, huh?" he said at the people sitting at the table.



"Yup, and I'm 25,000 won richer." replied Kyungsoo as he fanned the cash in front of Xiumin and Tao's faces, amazement crawling it's way on their faces. Baekhyun patted his now almost empty wallet. "So much for being friends with Kyungsoo."



"Yah, Byun Baekhyun!" Luhan had called him while he still had cake inside his mouth. The others resisted the urge to just shrink the doe-eyed boy and take him home with them. Baekhyun immediately sat over by Luhan's side and hugged the life out of the boy. "Kawaii!"



"Yah, your plan yesterday only made Sehun more annoyed, I guess." Luhan put his fork down and munched on the remaining cake inside his mouth. "S-Sehunnie might be mad at me!" Luhan's voice wavered and his bottom lip quivered, causing Baekhyun to stand and slam his palm on the table. (Hasn't this happened before?)


 

"That jerk! He doesn’t have the right to be mad at you when he's the reason why you're being like this! I knew it!" Baekhyun's voice reached the four corners of the cafeteria and he was forcefully dragged down by a humiliated Xiumin. The eldest of the five waved his hands in embarrassment and smiled nervously. "Ahe--P-Please continue eating! S-Sorry for the interruption! C-Come on! Eat up!"



All heads turned to look away and continued their business. Xiumin smacked Baekhyun's head. Baekhyun needed some manners. "Do you have to talk so loud?"



"Whaaaat? It's not like they know anything!" the victim said while rubbing his injured head. Xiumin glared at him and continued eating.



"Anyways, I know the next step to do." Baekhyun inspected Luhan. "Hyung, will you take it?"



Luhan scrunched his eyebrows. "What will I take?"



--

 



OPERATION: GET SEHUN TO GO GAGA OVER YOU

3rd Way: Take a completely different route. If you pass by him along the hallways, give him a small smile and ignore him completely. This way, he will miss seeing you and come up to you on his own.



'You can do this Luhan! Just avoid him for the rest of the day and he'll come running back to you!' Luhan giddily thought as he skipped the familiar hallway to his next class. 'Where is Sehunnie by the way? He should be here waiti--'



As if on cue, Luhan saw Sehun leaning on the lockers, his usual waiting space when he and Luhan would go to their shared class. Luhan smiled because although the minor argument that happened yesterday still bothered him, he thought it was sweet that Sehun would still be waiting for him to go to class together. He wasn't on his phone (Yaaaaaay!) but he was listening to music. (Darn it!)



But of course, there's this plan that Baekhyun had devised five minutes before class started and Luhan had no choice but to get on with it. He went closer to Sehun and acted as if he was just passing by. Luhan counted mentally in his mind. '5..4..3..2..1..'



No hand was holding his.



He turned around only to see that Sehun was still on his spot, his gaze far away from him. He was probably daydreaming, again. 'Maybe Sehun is daydreaming about us getting married and having kids? Hihi~'



Luhan couldn't help but giggle at the thought but he frowned because Sehun didn't notice him passing by. He breathed in and out to let out the bubbling irritation he felt and passed by Sehun's figure again. Sehun didn't budge. Luhan did it again, still no movement.



To Luhan, it's important to get this plan to work but to others who were watching from the side took into their minds that Luhan might have gone crazy and kept walking back and forth. Some thought he might've forgotten something and kept walking from a place to another to remember it but mostly, these students who had nothing better to do but to watch just shrugged and went to their respective classes.



Luhan had enough. He looked like an idiot walking back and forth with really no place to go so he decided to get straight to the point. He turned to Sehun and---Wait!



Sehun was gone!



'Whaaaaaa...?' the elder thought. Just then, arms s their way around his waist and his back hit something firm and broad.



Sehun was backhugging him. Again. 'Omoooo! >//<'



Sehun leaned in closer and spoke in his ear. "I'll pick you up later, okay? Wait for me." Luhan only nodded as he was mesmerized by Sehun's deep voice. 'How can someone have such a deep, velvety voice?'



He can only thank God for such a wonderful creation.

 

--

 

Class was boring and it was nearing dismissal. When the smaller hand stopped at 3 and the long hand of the clock stopped at 12, 3:00 pm thus, Luhan rushed out of the classroom and sorted the hallway, looking for a tall, very handsome boy, who was also his boyfriend. When he found no one, he sighed and went back inside the classroom. 'Maybe he's running a little late.'



When the number of students in the hallway lessened, Luhan went back outside to look for Sehun again but found still no sight of him. He went back inside to wait again but he didn't realize how sleepy he was when his head hit the desk and he closed his eyes.
 

 



"There he is!"



The sound of loud voices woke Luhan up and he checked the time only to see-- 'It's 5:30 pm?!'



"Luhan-hyung! I thought we lost you!" Tao was the first to attack Luhan with a tight hug. "We were waiting for you and it started to get dark and we thought you went home already so we decided to go but then we saw a black van parked outside the school and we got nervous because black vans could only mean danger and we started looking for you and--and--"



"Tao, calm down." Kris soothingly rubbed circles on his boyfriend's back. It calmed Tao a bit but then the classroom door slammed opened and Baekhyun and the rest came inside. Luhan searched for a particular person but he sadly wasn't with them.



"Thank goodness you're okay!" Kyungsoo also ran to Luhan with Xiumin, Kai and Chen in tow while the others surrounded them. 'Huh.' Luhan thought. 'In this type of situation Baekhyun would always come to me first.'



He spotted Baekhyun at the door, face void of emotion and hands in his jeans' pockets. Luhan felt a wave of worry flash across his face. 'Baekhyun… What happened to him?'



"W-Where's Sehun?" Luhan asked. Everyone stiffened and they all looked at Baekhyun. Chanyeol approached his petite boyfriend and slung his arm on his shoulders. Baekhyun comfortably leaned into the warmth of his boyfriend.



"Sehun left." Baekhyun started. "I saw him running across the campus when the teacher dismissed us earlier. He told me to tell you that he can't pick you up because something came up. He also mentioned about texting you something though. After that he then went inside his car and sped away but I saw him taking a familiar route."



Baekhyun looked straight at Luhan. "He took the route to the school that my older sister went to before, Young Hee High School. The school for girls."



After hearing Baekhyun's story, Luhan quickly pulled out his phone and saw that he missed several calls from his mom and a bunch of texts from Baekhyun and the others. He also found Sehun's text.



To: My Luhan

Fr: My Sehun

I'm sorry.



It's funny how Baekhyun went through a lot to ask for forgiveness from him, even baking a cake just to have his best friend be not mad at him but Sehun with his two words, Luhan forgave him instantly.

 



 

--x

A/N: Hi peeps! KYAAAAAH~ 21 SUBBIES WOW WOW WOW! /SENDING YOU VIRTUAL HUGS/

Aww, now what happened? What was that 'something important' that made Sehun not be able to even pick up his Lulu from class? :( Find out soon~

Oh and don't worry guys! I'm not turning this into heavy angst or whatsnot. I just like how in my story Baekhyun is so protective towards Lulu and I decided
to let it be shown through this chapter but the fluff will be back soon I promise! 

Now, who wants to give Sehun a fair punch?