Chapter 2

Wedding Dress

They finally reached their destination. 

"Wake up granny" Chaerin carefully shook Dara. Dara wasn't a very heavy sleeper, but she took a few tests today. So it explains why she didn't get enough sleep last night. Dara still wasn't waking up, so Chaerin decided to let her sleep for 10 more minutes. Until then, she studied Dara's features. 

How can she be so beautiful? Chaerin thought while moving some strands of Dara's hair.

Flashback 

It was grade 3. Chaerin was listening carefully to what the teacher was saying, but her seat partner was busy in La La land. Chaerin looked to her right and saw her best friend, taking a nap. She was the type to really focus on school, but something inside her also made her not want to wake up Dara. Without her knowing the teachers voice tuned out and all her attention went to the older brunette sleeping. The sun fell on her face perfectly. It made her glow even more. She looked at her closed eyes, to her cute little nose to her little pink lips. 

"Perfect" Chaerin whispered. 

The minute she said that, Dara's eyes opened. She looked like an adorable cat that woke up from her sun nap. It was all cute in little Chaerin's eyes. 

"What's happening CL-roo?" Dara whispered to Chaerin.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep" Chaerin petted Dara's head until she was fully asleep again. With one hand she was taking notes and with the other she was petting her best friends hair. All with a smile on her face, she didn't even know she was smiling.

Flashback end

"Wake up Dara. I gave you 10 extra minutes"

"Huh? 10? WAIT EXTRA MINUTES? We are late Chae!" 

"It's okay. I'm sure he won't mind Dara-ah" The tone in Chaerin's voice wasn't so pleasant, but Dara being Dara she didn't notice. 

They both entered the special secret café meet up place. Sitting there, waiting for them was the dragon. His name is Jiyong but people call him by his nickname, G-Dragon. He was the most popular out of them. 

Well they all were popular but only among their labels. Chaerin was the popular with the ladies and had a great reputation for being a badass. The thing that confused the teachers was, how does she barely show up to class and manage to keep an A still. She was naturally smart, she didn't need school but the law begs to differ. Dara was popular because she had great grades, was the president of many many clubs. There wasn't a single person who didn't know her. GD was a football player, one of the best if I had to say so. He has okay grades, not too good and not too bad. He was everyone's crush. All the girls went crazy over him and all the dudes wanted to be his friend, but only one person caught his attention. His best friend, Dara.

The two girls walked over to GD and said their greetings. Chaerin just gave him a wave and 'Sup', while Dara gave him a good ole hug. They were all best friends. In Dara's and GD's eyes at least. Dara and GD became closer to each other in the beginning of high school year. Til this day, Chaerin still wonders how they got closer to each other without her being involved. 

They all sat down and started sharing some old stories. Two were deeply into the conversation while one was just watching from afar. 

"Soo I was on the field and----"

"Oh my god! That's so cool-----" 

Chaerin only heard a few words every now and then. She was too busy watching the dragon make her princess laugh and happy. If a stranger saw these three, they would think a couple is on a date with a third wheel. Dara had some dessert on the side of her lips. Chaerin put her hand in her pocket to grab her special handkerchief, but GD beat her to it. He wiped the dessert off with his finger and it. 

"You're so clumsy Sandy!" 

"She hates that name" Chaerin mumbled to herself.  It's like she was having a convo with the other two people in her mind. She looked over GD's direction.

'You love her don't you?' 

Then she looked at Dara

'He called you Sandy. Why aren't you mad?'

Chaerin wasn't left out on purpose. It's just she was the quiet type, quite mysterious actually. She took the last sip of her black, plain coffee and took her leave. They probably wouldn't notice her gone, since Dara and GD were deep into each other stories. She took one last look at them before she stepped out.

Sigh. 

"I could never make her that happy" Chae said to herself. She took out a cigarette and lit it up. She didn't smoke like other smokers, she has style and class. 

Back inside, Dara felt like something was missing.

"Hey Oppa, where did baby Rin go?"

"Who knows? Anyways so----- football--- remember?---- oh yeah---" Words came in one ear and out the other for Dara. Something inside made her want to find Chaerin. She usually let's Dara know is she going or not. Should she check on her baby Rin or not? Her mind kept arguing back and forth whether she should or not. 

"Are you listening Dara?"

"Huh? Yeah... I am." Dara took a look at the door then faced GD again. They went back to enjoying time together. 

Chaerin saw it all through the big glass window. She had this sad smile on her face, but she knew not to get too far. She knew that she still had time, but she also knew Dara needs a normal relationship.

"Hey stranger. Looking a little upset there?" Chaerin turned around and saw this really pretty girl with big eyes. Her hair was dark red and had a beautiful eye smile of her own.

"Me?"

"Yes you silly!" The other girl took out a cigarette and lit it up.

"Smoker?"

"Hmm I smoke every now and then." She gave a small laugh. Chaerin somehow loved that laugh.

"I've used that line before. It comes handy."

"You sure are right pretty blonde!"

"Pretty blonde?"

"Your hair is blonde and you're pretty. I added one and the other and BAM! Pretty blonde. Haha don't ruin the fun though, I like your name being a mystery."

"You're an interesting human being Barbie Red."

"Haha nice. Barbie red? Is that the best you could do?"

"Yeah. You look like a human Barbie doll and your hair.." Chaerin ran her fingers through the red hair girl's hair "is red.. I added one and one and BAM" 

"Nice one! Well see you next time pretty blonde!"

"See you Barbie red." Chaerin watched the red hair girl walk away. She ran her fingers through her blonde hair. She remembered the time when it wasn't blonde. Dara wasn't too happy about the blonde hair, but it soon grew on her.

Flashback

The brunette hair girl was currently sitting in a salon shop.

"So what would you like ma'am?"

"I don't know. Something new and not brown or black. Change me." 

The stylist knew just what to do with her hair. When the stylist got done, he told Chaerin to open her eyes and look.

"Woah! Blonde? Woah!" She ran her fingers through her new hair.

"You like? It suits you actually. I think you look ier if you ask me." 

"I love it. Thanks Jeremy!"

"No problem babe." She paid him and left to meet up with Dara and GD.

"Hey Dara!"

"Hey Chae---- OH MY GOD ! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR DARK BROWN HAIR?"

"I decided I needed something new." 

"Ugh! It looks ugly!"

"Gee thanks Dara." Chae knew her best friend was kidding, but it still hurt her a little bit. 

" I like it Chae!" GD said.

"... Thanks dude." 
---

"Why did you change your hair color?"

"Why are you making a big deal Dara? I thought you would like it."

"I... I don't know. You just look different."

"I look ier huh?"

"H-huh! Ye--no! But you sure are catching every girls attention!" Dara mumbled the last part, but it didn't escape Chaerin's ears. It made her smile big on the inside. 

Flashback end

"Hey baby Rin! You were out here the whole time?" The fact that Dara didn't notice Chaerin's disappearance, made her heart hurt a little.

"Yeah Sandara." Dara knew something was up. Chae never called her by that name.

"What's--"

"You guys wanna hang out at my place tonight?" GD interrupted Dara.

".... No thanks dude."
"Sure!"   

Dara and Chaerin said at the same time.

"Never mi-"

"No no. You go have fun with your Oppa Sandara." Chaerin left before anyone could say bye to her. I mean how was she suppose to compete with the dragon?