Chapter 7

Wedding Dress

Ring ring. Ring ring. Rin--

"Hello?"

"Hey Jiyong... How about..." Dara looked over to the laughing blonde. "Another date..? At the XXX Restaurant" 

"Aren't you with Chaerin?"

"She is busy with some girl..." Jiyong didn't notice the sadness in her tone.

"Oooo! Is it with that red head girl? Ahhh she is so pretty!" That made Dara feel even worse. 

"She isn't that great!! You know what, nevermind!" 

"No no... Let's hang out! Please Dara! I wanna see this new movie"

"Okay fine. Let's meet up at the theater in about 30 minutes. Don't be late Jiyong!"

Dara didn't know her best friend heard the conversation. She turned around and met a sad eyed blonde.

"Cha-"

"I.. I have to go Dara. Maybe we will chill some other time, hmm? Cool." She said coldly. Dara swore it wasn't this cold in the weather forecast. 

"Chae--" It was too late, CL already got into her car and drove off. 

"Maybe she is just on her period" Dara got into her car and drove off to the movie theater.

On the other side a blonde was very angry also upset.

"!" She slammed on the brakes and hit the steering wheel. 

"Leave for one ing second and they stick like ing glue"

"Calm down Pretty Blonde..."

"Ehh?"

"You put me on call.. Did you forget?"

"Oh.. I think that was an accident.. How are you?"

"Why are you acting different? We just talked and I heard your madness. What's on your mind sweetheart?"

"Nothing..."

"Well I won't force it out. You know what helps though?"

"What?"

"Music... I'm still in my classroom and my class is about to end. Want to play some piano together?"

"I... I would love to... Bom?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks"

"No problem. Just come okay? You'll feel so much better" Chaerin got a big smile on her face. The red head girls voice was soothing to her. Her words were filled with love and care, Chaerin loved that. 

"You just want to see me that badly huh?"

"Of course, who wouldn't? A hottie playing a piano is a dream come true"

"Har har.. Well imma call you back or something, I'm driving right now" 

"... Don't hurt yourself Chaerin-ah" Chaerin hung up. Of course Bom managed to get her to smile but Dara's words still haunted her.

'Let's go on another date'

'Meet me at the theater in 30 minutes'

"I should go just to it up for them... But that wouldn't be the mature thing to do. Maybe I should just play the piano. It's been years" 

Flashback 

Teenage Chaerin was very nervous. She called Dara up to meet her in the music room. There was a surprise in stored for the older brunette. 

"CL-roo?"

"D-Dara?"

"Yeah it's me.. Where are you?" Suddenly a spotlight hit the middle of the stage, where the piano and Chaerin was.

"Here" She gave Dara a goofy grin.

"What are you doing there?"

"I have a song... I want you to listen" 

Chaerin fingers made contact with the piano.

"You got this Lee" She whispered to herself, while taking a deep breath.

Soon the piano made beautiful voice, alone with Chaerin's mouth. She had never sang to anyone before, only herself in front of a mirror. The younger girl was quite scared. 

What if I don't sound good? She kept asking herself. 

It was finally time to sing along with the piano.

All of me By John Legend

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind

She looked up to Dara and saw the older woman listening carefully. It made her feel more confident.

I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright
My head's underwater
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

Chaerin was letting her feelings be known. She was never good with words, songs or music was the only way for her to express herself. 

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

The younger of the two stopped singing and playing the piano. She hesitantly looked up. Dara came up to her and gave her a bear hug.

"OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE THE VOICE OF A GODDESS CHAERIN!" 

Never had a compliment made her feel so good. Chaerin hugged Dara back.

"So what did you think?" She broke the hug and made eye contact with her best friend.

"I loved the song! Whoever you love will love this song!" Chaerin's smile fell off her face.

"... I guess so..."

"Gosh I'm so jealous of them already!" Dara kept going on and on about who the person could be or what Chae's ideal type was. Chaerin just stood there with her heart shattered in pieces. 

She swore to never touch a piano again. It only gave her horrible memories.

Flashback end

The blonde arrived at the school. She was the beautiful human Barbie waiting outside in the sun. The sun's rays were reflecting off the Barbie. 

How could someone be so beautiful? She looks like an angel.... Chaerin admired the older girls beauty. She got out her car and made her way to the angel.

"Hey Barbie red"

"Hey pretty blonde... Ready to play?"

"O-of course" Bom held out her hand, Chaerin happily took it. 

There it was, Chaerin's nightmare. Bom could feel the nervousness from the blondes tight hold on her hand.

"Why are you so afraid of this piano?"

"It has horrible memories...."

"Rejections?"

"Y-yes..."

"We've both been there then" Bom gave her an assuring smile and sat down on the stool in front of the piano. 

"What are you waiting for? Christmas?" She let out her old woman laugh, that Chaerin enjoyed listening to. 

"You can do this Lee" Chaerin whispered to herself. The human Barbie watched her every movement.

Beautiful. Bom thought. 

Chaerin began playing out her heart. There was no lyrics just music. 

 

Can't play the piano my . Bom thought. She was so amazed on how the blonde moved her fingers and how her facial expression changed every now and then. In all her teaching she has never seen such piano skills. 

Chaerin was finally done playing. She hesitantly looked up to the other girl.

"Omo... That was so beautiful.. What do you call it?"

"I don't have a name for it yet.. Or any lyrics. The beat has been in my head for a while now"

"It's truly amazing. And you said you couldn't play well!" She slightly pushing the piano player.

"Hehe... Sorry?"

"It's okay. You're y so I forgive you" She gave a teasing wink.

"Do you really like it?" Chaerin asked.

"I really... Really do. Was that from your heart? It sounded.... Sad" Bom looked straight into Chaerin's eyes. She was looking for something. Answers. Answers to why the beautiful blonde was so upset. 

"It was from my heart. My sad sweet broken h-heart" Chaerin couldn't even control herself. She broke down in Bom's arms.

"Shhh shh... It's okay.. It's okay" Bom tried her best to give the sad girl some comforting words. 

~ ~

Let me know if the video worked or not. It gave me hell trying to upload it with slow internet (: