Chapter 12

Wedding Dress

Chaerin lousily made her way out the classroom and towards the old gymnasium. Guess she wouldn't be showing up to her second period class, but it was okay since the class was English. She was already fluent in English. 

To make her way to the old gym she has to walk through the empty, abandoned halls. It was the side of the school that no one ever entered, that was one reason why her and Yuri hang there when they are skipping classes. There was no point for people to enter these halls because they were “too dangerous” and all the classrooms were broken or messed up. The school didn’t bother to get it repaired or destroyed because that would just cost them extra money.

When she stepped into the empty and dead silent halls, it really made her think deeply about herself. Maybe it was just the mood she was in or maybe it was the affects from the halls. She thought on how the hallways and she had things in common. They both were damaged, emotionally and physically but of course no one knew. She liked that though, because she always kept her walls high so no one could ever climb them and touch her where she was sensitive. Like these halls she was abandoned. She might have a few friends here and there but no one was close-close to her, and she only had her sister on her side. There was Dara, but the older woman was her greatest nightmare.

The depressed blonde brought up her cold, thin, tan right hand up to the broken and imperfect walls to feel its coldness and emptiness. If the walls could have feelings, she was sure they felt depressed. A sad smile appeared on her face.

Flashback 

"Why can't I love a girl mom? I really can't help it...." Her mother took a deep breath. It wasn't the first time Chaerin asked her mother this question. Seeing how broken her own daughter was on the subject, she couldn't hate her daughter for loving the same gender. What kind of mother would she truly be then? But she knew better, she knew her daughter shouldn't be this way. Seeing the hope and sadness in her daughter’s eyes only made her feel more badly than she already felt. 

"You already know the answer.... So why ask again?" Chaerin put her head on her mothers lap and looked up. 

"I hope that one day your answer would change mother.." Her eyes began to water up. She couldn't keep in her feelings any longer. Maybe if her mother were okay with her liking girls, things would be better. But she knew her mother and father would never be okay with it. That was something that killed her the most. She couldn't control her feelings. She couldn't stop herself from feeling this way towards another girl. It was all wrong and she felt like the biggest failure. Her parents made her born for a reason, not to mess it up and ruin their reputation or to sin. 

Chaerin mother looked down and saw her daughter in deep thought. She always wondered what was happening in that crazy mind of hers. It broke her heart even more when slowly teardrops escaped the younger of the two brunettes eyes. 

"Don't think about love right now Chaerin... Think about school and your future, okay?" Her fingers made their way to her daughter’s hair, she combed it gently. 

"O-ok-okay..." Her mother saw how hard Chaerin was trying to control her tears. 

Flashback end

"Why do I still love her?" She let out a sad laugh. Who knew the schools so called badass was so profoundly broken inside. 

She took a right down the hall and stood in front of the gym door. The poor girl didn’t know what to expect on the other side of the door, either the whole football and cheerleading team with GD and Dara or just the dragon and Dara. In both ways her love and enemy would be present. Her hands touched the rusted door handle and opened the double doors. An angry dragon and a distant best friend met her when she entered the gymnasium. She had to admit that it didn’t look so bad inside, the only problem was the temperature in the room. It was cold enough to produce snowflakes. The temperature fit her personality she showed everyone, plain cold.

"Glad you could join us Chaerin Lee..." There stood a boy in his letterman jacket with a red face.

"What do you want dragon?" She said with a blank face. 

"I wanna know why you ing punched me in the face at the club?!" He got up and made his way towards the emotionless blonde. 

"What are you talking about?" She still was calm.

"Don't play stupid with me Lee! You stepped over the line!" He got up close, all in her personal bubble. Dara only watched from the corner. She never wanted to join GD but he insisted. The older woman’s heart told her to control GD but she couldn’t move her own body or speak up.

"I'm being honest. I don't remember punching you in the face... If I did I would be making fun of it but I don't remember doing anything to you" His face softened. Something in her voice made him believe her. He knew Chaerin would never lie over not punching him.

"I... I guess I believe you for now... But you never apologized"

"Sorry Jiyong" She could've just walked away and ignored the duo, but the look on Dara's face told her to apologize to the man in front of her. Her body and heart went weak and listened to the older brunette. She was hella whipped over a girl who could never be hers. GD was shocked himself. He didn't think she would actually apologize. Everyone knew THE Chaerin Lee never apologizes to anyone.

"Is that all? We good?" He just nodded and she left the gym. Not even sparing Dara a look. 

The empty, cold, dark halls were back in her vision. While she walked down the hall, her eyes slowly closed themselves. It was like the halls in her soul, her happy soul. All that entered her mind were unhappy and negative thoughts. It ate her up horribly. These abandoned halls possessed all her mind, body, and heart. She had absolutely zero control. The only control she had now was to open up , and when that happened beautiful sounds came out. Her beautiful, powerful voice began to fill up the dead silence in the sad halls.

It’s the wanting you, never getting you
Keeps me wanting you, missing you
Just to picture you is what gets me through
Fit for you, I was meant for you
What I was sent to do, meant to do
Wasn’t meant for you
Hope I said that right.

She closed her eyes and let the halls guide her to wherever they wanted to take her. 

Cos’ if I never have you
Then I could never lose you
Do you know what might happen,
If I decide to choose you

The halls would have taken her to the rooftop but a voice knocked her out of the possession.

"Yo Lee... You singing son?" The blonde's eyes shot open. Finally allowing her body back in her control.

"H-huh?"

"I heard a voice and decided to check it out. It ended up being you.. Singing..."

"Me? Singing? That's crazy Kwon, what drugs you on?"

"Whatever Lee. Let's head out, seems like you only wanted to attend your first period" 

"Yeah let's get going, plus lunch about to start" 

"Yup.. Let's head to the usual cafe ehh? Meet you there, I just remembered that I got some business to handle"

"Alright Kwon. Be safe"

"What's the fun in that? Haha" 

Before she even knew it, the loud and happy filled hallway was back. All she could hear was friends talking and laughing, having these wonderful and happy moments. To her it felt like everyone surrounding her was happy, but why couldn’t she be like them? Was it really that hard to some happiness in this life? Seeing all these people having fun and embracing each other, made her miss her own best friend. She missed her vitamin to the point she couldn’t take it anymore. She wanted her Dara and she wanted to tell her how much she missed the brunette. She wanted to fix all the drama that made them so distant with each other, because it drove her completely insane.

I guess the big guy above was on her side today because she saw her best friend on the other side of the hall. She pushed her way through the sea on people and pulled her best friend into her embrace. Chaerin didn’t care who was watching them, the whole school reputation thing left her mind.

"I mis---" She was finally about to tell the older girl how much she missed her but someone intruded their moment.

"Yo Lee what are you doing?"

"Yeah! Back off the prince's princess!" GD and his football friend were near Dara. She totally forgot about the bull school reputation stuff. 

"You shouldn't be here, near us Lee" GD finally spoke.

"He is right Chaerin-ah" Dara whispered really softly while backing out their hug. That was the last straw for everything, it really ticked off the blonde. Chaerin couldn't stand it anymore. The school reputation, the being second choice, being ignored and being left alone at the end. She backed away further from Dara. Anger and sadness was clearly seen in her eyes, making Dara feel guiltier. 

"I don't know what came over me. My apologizes Queen B.." Her sarcasm was more towards GD than Dara. When she walked past the duo, she made sure to bump into their shoulders.

'I wonder what that was about!'

'Woah! The Populars VS The Badass!' 

'I kinda ship Chaerin and Dara!'

'Shut up girly boy! She belongs to GD' 

All the students were going crazy over what they just witnessed. There were hardly any interactions between Dragon, Dara and Chaerin outside the classroom so this was something a little new.