Chapter 17

Wedding Dress

“I’m sorry,” Dara softly whispered.

“I’m sorry for causing you this much pain Chaerin-ah. I-I didn’t plan this or mean it. You know I..” She continued and wanted to tell her full feelings to Chaerin, but there was this feeling inside her that told her not to. So she took that as a sign to not tell her full feelings yet. Dara was a very careful girl who always double thought about what could or could not happen.  And at this moment, she just wasn’t fully ready no matter how much she fought with herself. She’d rather wait then it causes more trouble that there already is.

“It’s fine, I know we aren’t meant to be. I just want you for tonight Dara. Just for tonight.” Chaerin looked up into Dara’s eyes and felt something within her. Besides the love she has for the other girl, she saw struggle, fear and confusion. Chaerin knew her fate with Dara and even with the world. As she slowly started to grow up she saw the world in a different point of view, she lost hope, family and love for herself. She didn’t want to lose Dara but at this moment she was very desperate. All she was doing was asking for a night, was that too much?

“I don’t want you to have me for tonight-“ Dara slowly spoke, watching how the blonde’s reaction saddened.

“That’s fine, I understand.” Chaerin interrupted her as she began to get up off the bed. A hand caught her wrist.

“Let me finish. I don’t want you to have me for tonight..” Dara looked at the floor, being shy out of nowhere. “I want you to have me… forever.” Chaerin didn’t know if she heard correctly, but she didn’t bother questioning it. The blush on Dara’s cheeks was enough for her to understand. A smile appeared on her face, a real one. One she hasn’t had in a long time. One smile that erased all the bad that happened to her earlier.

“Don’t with me grandma.” Chaerin said with a serious face, holding back her laughter.

“YAH! I TOLD YOU TO NOT CALL ME THAT!” Dara’s angry face was enough for her to break, knowing the older girl wasn’t really mad.

“ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME RIGHT NOW? UGH! I’ll give you something to laugh about!” Dara jumped onto Chaerin and began to tickle her.

“Stop stop!! I’LL STOP! Yah! I'll fall and take you down with me!” The rest of the night only laughter filled their room.

Morning came sooner than both of them expected. Dara, being the early bird, woke up before Chaerin and she didn’t regret it one bit. They weren’t official, yet, but they were on baby steps. Forgetting about how a certain was still trying to court her, but why worry about that right now when her eyes were too busy on sleeping beauty.

Even though she should be waking her up, she chose to stare at her for a few more minutes. Dara was so lost that she didn’t notice a pair of eyes staring back at her, so when she noticed a tint of pink reaches her cheeks.

“And I thought I was the only one who had a staring problem.” The blonde said with a grin on her face. Honestly it took a lot in her to not stutter, because her brain still hadn’t processed what happened recently. She thought back to it all, to what Dara said but suddenly she got scared. Was all of this some sick dream? She hoped not. Soft lips that touched her cheek interrupted her train of thought.

“Stop thinking about whatever you are. I don’t like it when you frown. I’ve seen it too much, you don’t deserve it.” Dara softly whispered into Chaerin’s ear. The the brunette gave her hair was enough for her to calm down into Dara’s arms.

“No no! No more sleeping CL-roo! We have to go.. you know, get that education!”

“UGH BUT! I’m already too smart.”

“Are you sassing me young lady?” Dara crossed her arms over her chest.

“Hehe… No!” Chaerin quickly got up, kissed Dara’s cheek and began to get ready.

Being the top student Dara is, she had to leave before Chaerin. She greeted everyone with a big smile, her mind was only on one person that she didn’t see a certain boy coming her way. They bumped into each other, with her falling straight into his arms.

“I told you I’d always catch you when you fall princess,” It was Jiyong. Her smile broke as soon as everything attacked her. The promises she has made with Jiyong and Chaerin. She quickly got out of Jiyongs arms and looked around, checking if a certain blonde saw what just happened. Just when she thought it was safe her eyes landed on the blonde. Sure Chaerin had sadness in her eyes, but she gave Dara a smile that said she was alright. Dara believed it and was about to walk with Jiyong, until something hit her brain and heart. She stopped her tracks and faced the direction Chaerin was walking. She took some steps towards that direction until a hand stopped her.

“We usually go this way Dara-ah,” he gave her a sweet smile.

“But Chaerin…”

“We can’t be seen with her at school, remember?” She looked between Chaerin’s back and Jiyong.

“But she is out friend Jiyong,” She knew the decision she wanted to make. She ran towards Chaerin and gave her a backbreaking hug.

“People are watching Dara.” Chaerin whispered.

“Let them? Hehe” She gave Chaerin a kiss on the cheek and skipped her way into first bell while the flustered blonde slowly made her way behind her.

She made her way inside and saw mostly everyone seated and just chatting, except this one girl who was staring at her. Smiling lovingly. She looked around the classroom and saw it was all clear to give Dara a playful wink before going to her seat.

“Ayyyyy I saw that!”

“Ah shi—You scared me Cotton candy!”

“How? I’ve been here for…” Pony cutely counted her finger. “ For a while now hehe.”

“Whatever, you saw nothing okay!”

“So I’m guessing the ball in now in your court uhh?” Chaerin just replied with a confused face.

“Ugh, is the food on your plate?” That confused Chaerin even more.

“Is the prisoner out the prison?”

“For sake what are you saying woman!”

“Are you two together or..?”

“Well kinda? I don’t really know at the moment but..” She couldn’t help but to look back and stare at Dara, who immediately looked back at her. Both got stuck in each others eyes, they were lucky no one was paying attention. Well..

“Yah! I see you both! You little love birds.” Well everyone except Pony.

“Let’s just focus on the teacher okay?” Yeah like she could focus when the only thing on her mind was the beauty sitting away from her.

It was mid through the session to where Chaerin was ready to just pass out, well she was almost dead until an idea popped inside her head. She grabbed a pen and ripped a piece off her paper.

I’m bored and sleepy but the thought of you keeps me awake…. And happy <3

She somehow got the note to Dara without anyone extra noticing. Sadly she couldn’t watch Dara’s reaction to her note.

Pay attention. We both will get in trouble CL-roo.  But still think of your ssantokki ^^

“Aish this girl,” A bigger smile appeared on her lips.

You know the more I hear of Chaera, the more I start to love it.

Mostly everyone knew of the ship name Chaerin and Dara had. It was odd, students knew.. well thought they weren’t friends yet they still shipped them together.

Chaera? You mean our.. You know.. hehe ><

I have to admit. I loved it from the beginning.. >//<

“From the beginning huh?”

“Aish will you stop being so lovey dovey. I’m trying to listen to the teacher not your love notes.” Pony stuck out her tongue and focused back to the teacher.

Chaerin turned around and quickly did a heart over her head with a dorky grin on her face.

Jeongmal yeppeoyo!” She mouthed to the now blushing red brunette.


Fluff/cuteness is something I am horrible at, BUT I am trying to slowly get there and improve so please let me know how you guys feel about this chapter <3 Thank you! Also, welcome new subscribers!