Chapter 14

Wedding Dress

"I.... I don't know Jiyong, it all seems so sudden and.. Today someone else also confessed to me. I'm really confused at the moment, please don't take it the wrong way! You are a great g--"

"It... It's okay Sandy. I-I understand" He had this little sad smile on his face. Of course he understood and he would even wait forever for Dara. He was madly in love, or maybe it was a crazy crush. 

"I'm really sorry Jiyong. I really am. I just don't want to make a decision on a crazy mind." Dara got on her knees, so their faces would be leveled equally. She held his face in her hands and stared deeply into his eyes.

"You are an amazing guy and I love having you by my side. I just need... Some time I guess?"

"It's okay Sandy, I understand you. I can only imagine how you feel right now!" He put his hands over hers and gave her cheek a soft, simple peck. She gave him a smile in response. They both stood up and began to walk, hand in hand.

"Who was the person by the way?" He felt her freeze on the spot

"Don't worry about it Jiyong. I kinda don't wanna talk about it."

"O-okay.. I just wanted to if I had any competition." She just gave him a smiles and continued to walk with him. They stayed in silence for a few minutes. 

"Hey Dara... Can I still court you? Let me prove that I can be a good boyfriend, or maybe future husband to you!" Dara didn't have the heart to tell the boy no. One reason was because his voice and eyes had so much hope and the second reason was because she had feelings for him too.

"S-sure..." They decided to end their walk at that. Even though they couldn't have their full date, Jiyong was still happy with the answer he got. 

Dara released her hand from his hold and began to walk away, towards the direction that led her home. 

"W-wait!" Her feet halted and she turned around, facing the all-of-the-sudden shy boy. 

"Yes?"

"You looked great tonight. You always look great Sandara." With that the boy turned around and slowly walked away. They both walked home with a smile on their faces. 

Dara got closer and closer to her dorm room. Her smile wasn't much visible anymore, she was worried to see Chaerin. How was she supposed to explain all what happened with Jiyong to her? She loved both of them truly, but she was confused on which way she loved Chaerin. Was it just in a sisterly way or did she love love her? 

She put the key into the hole and opened the door slowly, trying not to make too much of a sound. She was greeted with silence. No one was there, not even the good atmosphere. The room was filled with so much sadness and hurt. Her blonde friend was nowhere to be found, but she saw a white paper on her study table. She quickly ran to her desk and grabbed the paper. She kept flipping it front to back, front to back and front to back. But no matter how many times she did it, no words seemed to appear. The paper was clean white. No letter, to calls, no text and it scared her to death. 

"Please be safe out there Chaerin-ah... I'm worried sick about you." Just because Dara didn't say 'I love you' back to the other girl, doesn't mean she didn't care about her or didn't love her. Dara was a great friend and person, she was just really confused on everything. 

Morning time

There was a big buzz at the school. News traveled fast, well of course it did, if a popular person spread it. 

"Did you hear that the football captain and dating THE Dara Park!"

"I knew it!"

"DARAGON IS REAL!"

But one blonde didn't hear any of the rumors. She had headphones in her ears, thinking it was a normal day. She was sitting alone in her first bell class. She spent the night at a club nearby, so she came to school a little earlier than usual. Many people have seen her come early before, but seeing her go straight to a classroom is what shocked them all. 

Slowly more and more people started coming in the classroom. Chaerin took out her headphones and regretted that decision in a heartbeat. Her head didn't turn around but her ears heard everything that surrounded her. The girls behind her were the loudest in her opinion.

"I knew GD liked Dara and was her bestest friend, but I never thought they would actually be going out!" The excited daragon shipper said to her girlfriend. 

"Are you sure they are going out and it's just not a rumor?" Her girlfriend replied with an uninterested voice, but Chaerin had to thank the girl. Her mind was asking her the same exact question. 

"Yeah! G Dragon made an announcement as soon as he arrived! I don't even think D----" Everything else tuned itself out. Her hearing became numb from the pain in her heart and head. Her hands formed into fists. She was more hurt than angry, but she couldn't help to feel betrayed. A sad laugh escaped from her perfect plump, blood red lips. 

"OMO THERE THEY ARE!" Her head looked up and saw the so-called-couple Daragon. 

"Hey Chae--" Pony couldn't finish her greetings to the blonde, because she had stormed off. 

Chaerin didn't look at anyone, because she knew that they could read her like an open book. She passed by Dara and GD on her way out, anger was clearing written on her face.

"Chae..." Dara barely let out a sound. It wouldn't matter either way because Chaerin would ignore her either way.

Chaerin ran down the halls and went to her old hangout spot. Yuri was just chilling there, having a quick smoke. 

"Lee?"

"Hey Kwon..."

"Can... Can I ask what's wrong?"

"Daragon is what's wrong.."

"Oh... So you've heard?" Yuri faced the blonde and saw such sadness within her brown orbs. She wasn't a fan of the sight because she could see how much pain Chaerin was going through. The blonde never showed her emotions, well she tried to never show them, and her showing off her sadness, meant she was in deep deep sorrow. 

"How could I not? It's the big news ya know..." She sat down next to Yuri and looked up to the sky. The sun had disappeared within the clouds, trying to search its way to freedom. More and more clouds layered on top, trapping the burning hot yellow dot. 

Flashback

A 13-year-old Chaerin was staring up at the sky, enjoying the nice and warm breeze, and the beautiful light coming from the yellow circle in the sky. She was in her secret hide out, where she always went after arguing with either one of her parents. No one ever knew where she went, sometimes they wouldn't even notice she her absence.

Well not until today they will. She had enough of the arguing and her parents never accepting who she was. Today she was planning on running away, with nothing with her. This place wasn’t meant for her. Her parents looked at her like she was a freak, mostly her father. She didn’t worry too much on whether they would be lonely or not, they had each other including her baby sister. Chaerin hoped that her sister would not end up disappointing her parents too. The last thing they need is another bad child.

Hours and more hours passed by, she was still on top of the hill. Enjoying every bit of the sunset that was near. Smiling at her last few memories, with her sister and mom. She loved her little sister, Harin, to death but she knew her father didn’t like her near Harin.

‘You’ll rub your flaws on our beautiful little princess! STAY AWAY FROM HER CHAERIN!’ She remembered her father’s words clearly. What a wonderful man he was.

Her eyes began to close as her body slowly slid down onto the grass, but she could hear a faint voice within the air. A voice that sounded like her mothers, but she knew her mother wouldn’t come for her.

‘CHAERIN! CHAE! CHAERIN!’

Flashback end

“CHAERIN! CHAERIN!”

“Mmmm? Huh? Where am I?” Chaerin opened her eyes and met a pink haired beauty, she couldn’t see the other girls face too well. She couldn’t help but form a dorky grin on her lips

“It’s me Pony. Are you okay Chae? I saw you rushing out. I’m guessing it’s because of… Dara?” Chaerin froze on the spot.

“H-how..”

“I’m good at reading people. Plus I see the way you look at her. I admire that, and envy Dara..”

“Envy?”

“Yeah, you look at her like she’s the only girl left in the world. You give her all your attention, making sure she is safe every moment she is close by or even far away. Who wouldn’t envy that?” She stared into Chaerin sad and lonely eyes.

“I.. Hehe.. I guess so? But what are you doing here and where is Kwon?”

“You mean Yuri? She left, some cat looking girl came here and both just vanished. I decided to stay back and wait a few for you to wake up. I saw that you kept moving around and crying a little bit, so I decided to finally wake you.” Pony let out a soft smile. Chaerin returned the gesture.

“Oh.. Sounds serious. Anything special I missed in class?” 

“Yeah. There is a pair assignment, guess who your partner is?” Pony had this cheeky smile on her face, which would be adorable in anyone’s eyes.

“Hmm… Lemme guess a pretty, pink, cotton candy hair girl? Let’s go to my house and start on it.”

“Sounds good!”

Chaerin’s separate apartment

“Why are we here? ARE YOU GOING TO ME?”

“Well..” Chaerin locked the door and relaxed her back on the door. “It wouldn’t be , if you want it!”  She poked out her tongue and get out a laugh.

“What’s with all this noise?!” Both girls turned their heads toward the girl who just came out of the bedroom.

“HARIN?”

“Hey sis…. And hello pink beauty!” Harin wiggled her eyebrows and gave Pony a playful wink, causing the pink head to blush.

Chaerin face palmed herself and took a deep breath.

Dara and GD

“Jiyong what’s this rumor going around?!”

“Look Dara I just wa—“

“You don’t know how much trouble this caused me! Courting and dating is two different things!”

Dara was furious. When she first came to school, she wondered why everyone was staring at her. It was all until one of her friends from the cheer squad told her the news. She swore the first thought she had on her mind was about Chaerin. How would she react? Would she believe it? Had she even heard the rumors? Her mind was driving her crazy. But her questions got answered the second she saw Chaerin’s eyes, they looked to broken.

“Dara I’m sorry… I just wanted to tell everyone that you’re m—“

“Dammit Jiyong! I said I’d give you a chance, not fully claim me!” Dara grabbed her stuff and ran into the parking lot. Trying to call Chaerin’s phone and send her text messages. She hoped that when she got to their shared homing, that Chaerin would be in there, waiting for her.

The older woman entered the dorm room but was greeted by… nothing. Her back hit the door, as she slowly slid down with tears rolling down her cheeks.