Chapter 6

Wedding Dress

He leaned forward and gave her a peck on the lips. Their first kiss. He quickly pulled back and sat a few inches away from her.

"I-I I-m sorry. I don't know.. W-why.." Jiyong was nervous, but mostly afraid of what Dara's reaction would be.

"It's o-okay.. M-mistakes hap-happen" They both sighed in relief.

I kinda enjoyed it, but it doesn't compare to Ch-- Why do I compare everything to her?? Dara kept thinking. 

Are the feelings coming back? They can't be. I can't like her, mom wouldn't accept the fact. Maybe I should give Jiyong a try. I hope he likes me too. Dara couldn't control her thoughts. No matter what, she disagreed with her thoughts. She loves Chaerin and always will. 

Still sitting in uncomfortable silence , Dara took this chance to look at the younger boy next to her. He wasn't half bad. Had okay grades, popular guy at school, and he is really sweet.

"Jiy--"

"Hey hey hey friends" The girl she was just thinking about arrived. 

"Hi.... Chaerin... What are you... Doing here?" She heard the disappointment of her sudden appearance in his voice. It made her happy that she ruined their alone time. 

"Nothing. I was in the neighborhood and saw you guys. Why all alone?" She made a fake sad face. 

"Why you leave me Dara?" She looked into Dara's eyes. Dara didn't know if her eyes were playing with her, but she did see some sadness in Chaerin's eyes. 

"Well more like why did you LIE?" The older girl became nervous, anyone who knows Chae knows she also hates liars. 

"It wasn't on purp-"

"It's okay Sandara, I forgive you. You and Jiyong just wanted to spend time alone ehh?" She put an arm around both Jiyong and Dara. It hurt to see her two friends sitting together without her, what looks like a date. But Chaerin knew better, this is how it was suppose to be. 

A man and a woman the perfect family combination. A girl and girl could never have a true family. 

Flashback (Chaerin)

"Hey mom" 

"Ahh Chaerin, what's up? You look a little... Worried?"

"Umm... A little.. I have a few questions" 

"What is it?" Mrs Lee put down her papers and gave her daughter her full attention. 

"How do you know when you love some one?"

"Is my daughter growing up? You know I was waiting for a question like this to come up... Who is the lucky guy?....... Or girl?" Chaerin froze. How did her mother know? She decided to play it off.

"Girl?"

"Yes girl Chaerin. I know you aren't the straightest daughter out there. Who's the girl?"

"It... It's not a girl mother"

"Okay okay... Love isn't something I can just explain. But the person makes you feel loved, they make you happy. You hate seeing them with someone else. You think about them day and night" 

"So if I feel all those things I'm in love?"

"Most likely but not always. Remember that.. There is a difference between love and like" 

"Mom... What... W-what if I was lesbian or biual?"

"Not a girl huh" her mother said in a mocking tone. 

"Mom...."

"Okay okay.. Honey I would still love you but you can't have a true family." 

"What do you mean?"

"A man and a woman is the perfect family combination. A girl and girl could never have a true family. That's what I mean"

"I guess you are right. A girl and girl could never have a happy and securable family. Thanks mom" She got up, about to leave.

"Chae... That's not what I meant truly. If you love her don't let her go" Mrs Lee held her daughters wrist, so she can stop her from leaving. 

"For the last time, it's not a girl. Plus I want a perfect family. Like you , like dad. Like us" Mrs Lee let the wrist go, she regretted some of the words she said. Her daughter always took things too seriously and she looked too deep into words and their meaning. 

Flashback end

"Chae.."

"Yo rabbit?" Chaerin shook her thoughts away and put on her happy act. She wasn't happy, but she was a great actress. She kinda regretted interrupting the two people's date.

"Jiyong-Ah I apologize for interrupting your date with little rabbit here" Chaerin actually meant it, it was something new. Even Dara was shocked, something inside her made her feel weird. Usually Chaerin gets jealous or over protective but now she wasn't. 

"Are you okay CL-roo?" Dara whispered to her best friend.

"I'm fine Dara-ah" She whispered back.

"Well I'm going now. See you ladies later" Jiyong got up and gave Dara a hug. 

"Why do you treat me like a stranger? Come here Oppa" Chaerin gave Jiyong a quick hug and waved at him. They two girls starred at him until he left.

"You gave him a hug and called him Oppa... D-do y-you like J-Jiyong?" 

"Me? Dragon? Like? Oh my god you are so funny! Of course not. You know me Dara. I just thought I'd be nice to him ya' know?"

"Why are you acting strange and nicer? You are scaring me Chae" Dara faked a scared expression.

"Haha so funny Unnie!" It was the first time she called Dara, unnie. Dara didn't like it. It made them feel like sisters. 

Why don't I like her calling me Unnie? I mean she should because I am older, but it sounds too wrong. Dara said to herself.  

"Don't.."

"Huh?"

"Don't call me Unnie. It makes me feel weird.."

"Okay.. Hey guess what!" Dara watched Chaerin's eyes light up.

"What is it?" 

"Bom teaches music classes so I can finally play the piano again!"

"But you said you would never touch a piano ever again..."

"I know but when she mentioned it. Something made me want to touch a piano again.. She made me want to touch one again" Dara watched her best friend talk lovingly about this Bom girl. Her heart ached and she wondered why. 

My heart... Why did it hurt and feel like she ripped it out from me? I don't want to lose you to HER. Dara was too lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear her name being called out. 

"Yah grandma! I'm trying to share my feelings and you are zoning out? I bet you wouldn't do that to your future boyfriend!"

"W-who?" 

Chaerin smirked. She leaned closer to Dara, their faces were an inches apart. Noses touching. Deep down inside Chaerin was nervous but on the outside she was confident, Dara was nervous inside and out. Chaerin leaned even closer, it caused Dara to close her eyes. The blonde watched her rabbit in amazement. 

"How would I know Dara-ah!" She giggled and got up. Dara opened her eyes and quickly realized what just happened.

"YAH CHAERIN COME HERE!" Dara chased after Chaerin until they finally got tired. 

"Dara..okay..I..Am..Sorry.... Please.. I'm tired!" Chaerin said between her breaths. 

"Chae... Can I ask you something?" 

"Of course" Chaerin grabbed Data and brought her into her arms. They were basically cuddling in the grass. Dara's cheeks turned light pink, but Chae couldn't see.

"What if you were in a situation where you love someone but you shouldn't be?" 

I already am. Chaerin wanted to say but she knew she couldn't and shouldn't. 

"I... I would f-find someone w-who I should be l-loving" She looked down into the older girls eyes..

"Why Dara? Are you... In that situation?" 

"No.. I was just wondering" Dara gave her best friend a small smile. 

"Okay... I have to go make a call I promised someone so hold on okay?" 

Chaerin got up and walked near the water, she took out her phone and looked for a certain red head's number. 

Brrrrrrrinnnnng brrrrrinnng 

"Heyyyyy Bom speaking~"

"Heyy Pretty blonde speaking~" Chaerin heard the girl laughing on the other line, she cracked a few laughs herself. Behind her, Dara was watching her every moment. 

The way the blonde laughed, or made funny faces. She heard the teasing from her best friend. She remembered when she was the only one who say Chaerin like that. It burned a hole in her heart.

"Chaerin-ah Do you like her? I know it's that red head Barbie girl..." Dara said quietly to herself. 

Ring ring. Ring ring. Rin--

"Hello?"

"Hey Jiyong... How about..." Dara looked over to the laughing blonde. 
"Another date..? At the XXX Restaurant" 

~ ~
Sorry for the late update you guys ): Thank you to ahille and addicted2luv for the upvote(: