Chapter 13

Wedding Dress

A petite woman and man were waiting in their usually meet up spot, a café near their school. Well in honestly, only Dara was waiting. 

"Jiyong... Do you think we went too far? I mean—“

"I don't think so Sandy. I mean we know Chaerin, she is a tough girl. I bet it didn't effect her at all!" He replied while staring deeply into Dara's brown orbs.

Deep down inside she wanted to believe what GD said, but she knew Chaerin had a sensitive side. She knew her best friend inside out and a part of her knew she messed up big time, but would she be forgiven this time? They were best friends and having your best friend treat you like dirt must hurt. Well it did Dara. It hurt her a lot! 

"But--"

"Don't worry too much about it Dara. She will meet us here and we can go back to normal. Now here drink their new coffee. It is really delicious!" He put the cup near her lips and she gladly took a sip. The brunette didn't know that it was the exact same spot GD took a sip from. It was their first indirect kiss. 

Ding.

Neither of the two bothered to look at the door, because they were having a deep conversation about what they learned in psychology. 

What entered the café was a beautiful blonde with her cool shades on. She wasn't wearing her usual leather jacket; instead she was wearing a simple grey jacket. She still managed to make everyone crazy head over heels for her. Her aura always caught everyone's attention. 

"I wonder what is taking her so long!"

"Turn around, our gangster has arrived" Suddenly her worries went down the drain and her energy was back into her system. Her beautiful brown locks quickly fought with the wind when she turned her head towards the café entrance door. Dara finally saw her best friend. Her heart begged for Chaerin to come towards this table. She wanted to hug her best friend and apologize to her. 

The couple only had a moment of eye contact. Chaerin quickly looked away before Dara's eyes hypnotized her. She would have easily forgiven the older woman, but not today. After what happened, she felt so betrayed and hurt. 

Last straw Park. I don't care how much I love you. You are my friend before lover and friends don't do each other like that. It was the only thought in her mind. 

Chaerin fully made her way inside but instead of going to her friends, she went to a table on the opposite side of the room. Her back faced Dara and GD. The last thing she wanted to see was Dara, because no matter what, she knew her best friend would have hurt in her eyes. If she saw those eyes, she would go crawling back instantly. 

"Oppa she isn't sitting with us... I think we should--"

"Give her some space Dara. Maybe she needs to cool down or something. She never liked gossip and many people at school are gossiping" 

"I hope so. I don't want her to be hurt"

"Yeah... Hey D-Dara... How about tonight we go on a date? Just me and you"

"If everything with Chaerin works out then I will go on this date you are asking for!" There was a little tease in her voice. Seeing his face a little flustered, she couldn't help but let out a giggle. A giggle that tore a certain blonde into billions of pieces. Chaerin's right hand became a tight fist; ready to break anything that gets in her way.

"Are you ready to order?" A sweet voice entered her mind, a familiar voice. She looked up to the beauty and saw cotton candy hair, Pony. The name kicked away the thoughts of the duo behind her, who were having a great time without her.

"Hey Pony. I am but what I want to order isn't on the menu"

"Oh... hey Chaerin-ssi. What is that you want to order?"

"Oh you don't sound excited to see me. How sad." She faked a hurt expression. 

"S-sorry" Seeing the blonde being hurt made Pony feel guilty.

"It's alright. Also drop the formalities. Call me Chaerin or CL. I don't really care.... What I want to order is...." She beckoned the other girl to come closer. She obeyed.

“.... You" The waitress cheeks matched the color of her hair. 

"Haha! You should've seen your face, adorable!" Chaerin reached forward and pinched Pony's cheek. 

"HAHAHAHHAHHA JIYONGIE SO FUNNY!" That laughter and voice managed to ruin her mood all over again and it didn't go unnoticed by Pony. 

"Are you... Okay Chaerin?"

"Yeah. One black plain coffee please, thank you" She stared out the window, letting the pain soak into every part of her body. 

Strange. So the love triangle between the three is true. Pony thought to herself. 

"Hey Jiyong, did you see how Chaerin talked to that waitress for so long?"

"Yeah, so what? Maybe she is trying to get her number or something" His response made her panic a little. 

Her? Out of all the girls? Why her? She isn't even that pretty and her hair is weird! Thoughts killed Dara's brain. 

"Let's go over--"

"Calm down Sandy. I heard this place was trying something new. Like a show that allows customers feel comfortable, so it might relax her tension a little and make her come to us. Plus I'm still a little pissed at her for punching me" 

"Awww poor baby!" Out of the whole conversation, Chaerin only heard what Dara said. 

"Here is your order, one plain black coffee"

"Thanks..."

"Mind if I have a seat?"

"Sure why not."

"What happened to you? Just a few minutes ago you were all playful"

"Would you be playful if people who are suppose to be your friends treat you like and don't even apologize..."

"I... I wouldn't.. Sorry to hear that Chaerin.. The café is having a new system where the customers get to sing, wanna try it out?"

"Singing isn't my thing Pony.."

"Just try it! It might help you release some emotions" She put her hand on Chae's shoulder. Both felt some sort of electricity. 

Maybe I should. I'll sing from the heart. She thought. 

The blonde got up and made her way towards the dark stage. She took a seat on the stool behind the mic. Her eyes wondered around the café, landing exactly on Dara. There was hurt in both of their eyes, but Dara's eyes had one thing that Chaerin's didn't. Shock

"Hey everyone. If you don't know me already, I am CL. I will be the first person to try out the café new customer system. Thank you Pony for this opportunity" She gave the pink head a playful smile and wink. A bright spotlight hit her beautiful face, even though she couldn't see the crowds faces anymore, she imagined a bunch of people interested in her. It was true, everyone in the café was interested on what she had in stored. Her beauty already managed to catch a couple hearts, now what could her powerful voice do?

(Empty By WINNER) 

My reflection in the mirror
Is so empty, as if there’s nothing there
I walk alone on the street
But this empty street feels so empty
Da ra dat dat dat dat dat dat
Baby don’t worry
After waking up from the dream that was you
This morning of reality feels so empty

Her eyes were getting a little watery, but she was trying her best to not cry. Not in front of Dara.

As I face the morning, I realize once again
What wakes me up is not you but an alarm bell
Why is this damn bed so big?
In my vast desert of a heart, only a cold wind blows

She took a deep breath.

I’m an empty shell, a coward without you
People around me look at me with pity
It kills me

The last part she sang, she looked start into Dara's eyes. No one else caught onto what she was trying to do and say. Only Chaerin knew... And now Pony did too. 

The spot light turned off, people were in tears on how deep the lyrics were and how her voice was perfect for that kind of song. The café was filled with applause. Chaerin gave the crowd a small smile with a bow. She made her back to her seat to grab her belongings. 

"You were right. I kinda feel better" Out of nowhere she grabbed the pink heads waist and pulled her closer. She hugged her with all the power she had left. Everything around them tuned out. For once the blonde felt like she had a true friend, even though she barely knew the girl. 

"Hehe... Y-yeah.."

"Thank you" She pulled out from the hug and left the café.

"Y-you're welcome" Pony whispered to herself.

~ ~ 

8:00 PM 

Chaerin POV

It was getting pretty dark outside and I knew I couldn't stay away from Dara forever. I mean we were roommates for crying out loud. After singing at the café I went out with Kwon to a new club hookup, but no matter what I tried, nothing took away the thoughts about Dara. Her words haunted me over and over and over again. The way she agreed to him like a puppet doll. They way she danced in his hand. How long could I keep this silly old act up? I have feelings too and I have a heart. 

Even thought my mind contemplated on whether I should go home or not, I decided to just head home. I wanted to talk things out with Dara. I wanted to tell her the truth. I'm sure in hell am not getting any younger. 

My hand touched the doorknob. It was now or never

"Oh CL--- Chaerin!"

"Hey Dara" I actually thought she would be in bed by now but she wasn't. The TV wasn't on and the computer wasn't on, was she waiting for me? 

"Are you hungry?" 

"Hmm?"

"I.. I-I can make you dinner, have you ate yet?"

"Yeah.. I ate out with Kw- some friends.." It wasn't fully her business on which I eat with or socialize with. The populars were already crossed off the list. 

We just stood there in silence. Every now and then would open to speak, but nothing ever came out. Sigh. I'll make the first move, like always

"Dara..."

"Y-yes?"

"We... We need to talk. A serious talk."

"A-about w-wh-what?"

"Let's take a walk okay?"

"How long will it take?"

"Why? Got plans?"

"Kinda with Jiy--"

"Forget it then. Maybe next time." Of course she would choose him over me. I wasn't in her heart and mind anymore. What the hell was I then? The more I live in this world, the more I become isolated. The more pain I feel. 

"W-wait" She held onto my wrist before I made my easy past her.

"What?" I coldly replied.

"Let's go. Let's talk." 

Near the park

This was it. This was the time I would finally confess to her. 

"Dara wait. I'm tired of just walking around, let's just get to the point" She nodded, giving me the sign to continue. 

"I honestly didn't like the way you and Jiyong treated me. I know the social status means a lot to you guys but.. You both too far"

"I'm so--"

"Let me continue. Of course any best friend would be terribly hurt but Dara there is something else to it..."

"W-what is it?" This is it. Now or never. 

"I... I... I love you, Dara"

"I love you too Chae"

"You're wrong. I love you more than a best friend but less than a sister. I love you in a lover way" 

Her silence was slowly killing me. I was hoping for those happy ending movies where there was a silence but later on the girl or boy would say they loved you back but no. This wasn't the case for me. She stood there, like a rock. She spoke no words, not even any air was let in. At that moment I knew this was the biggest mistake. 

"I'm sorry Dara. I shouldn't have done this..." I turned around, ready to leave. 

"Wa-wait Chae don't go. I'm sorry for not replying. It.. It is just a huge shock for me. But I--"

"I know you can't feel the same way Dara and I'm definitely not asking you to. I just wanted to get it off my chest. But please promise me one thing..."

"W-what....?" I walked up to her and held her hand. They were so warm against my cold skin. They were much powerful than my weak hands. I tried my best not to cry or shake. 

"Please... Please don't break my heart..." I pulled her into me. At the moment I didn't care if this was our last comfortable hug. I didn't care if this would even be our last moment. I just wanted her in my arms. I just wanted to feel and hold her. I needed her so badly and that's how I knew that I was so madly in love with her. 

When our hug was broken, a part of my heart still told me that the girl in front would break me, hard. But I also knew that I would run back to her in a heartbeat. Never in my life did I have to hide back my tears, but tonight I was in a fight with myself. Thank god for the darkness, because my cheeks were soaking wet from my tears. My back faced and my feet added a huge distance between.

“I hope he treats you well,” I whispered before fully leaving her behind in the park. Even though my body hoped for her to run up from behind and back hug me, I knew she wouldn’t. After today, nothing would be the same.

Dara’s POV

She had me in shock. I should’ve been happy to hear her confession but my body didn’t react that way. Of course there was some feeling towards but lately Jiyong had been on my mind. The way he smiles, the way he would look at me. It was like I was the only girl in the world in his eyes.

I wasn’t sure if my ears played tricks on me but I heard a faint ‘I hope he treats you well’ in the air. Did she know? Impossible! I found out recently myself.

Ring Ring.

Caller- Jiyong

“Hello?”

Are we still on that date or..?

“A date sounds wonderful hehe”

Meet me at the XX Park in 20 minutes

“Im already here so don’t be late… babe”

Okayyyy baby! Mwuah

He always knew how to make me smile. I think I deserve some silliness after this whole Chaerin news. No matter how hard to convince myself, I knew that after tonight things between us would be different.

“Guess who?” He held me from behind. Every time he held me like this butterflies entered my stomach. I turned myself around and stared deeply into his eyes. They always spoke more than this mouth, which was something I loved. His eyes were talkative when he stared at me, but with others his eyes are quiet.

“What’s up with the deep eye contact Sandy?” The hated nickname grew on me. The way it slipped out his tongue made me love the name. Everything that came out from him, I loved.

“I don’t know. Your eyes me in. How do you do it?” I tilted my head. The small smile on his smile, made me smile like no tomorrow. He was so contagious. Everything he did made me want to copy his actions.

Jiyong held my hand in his. They fit so perfectly together; it was like our hands were meant to be together.

“Did things will Chaerin work out alright?”

“Ehh… Kinda? Can we not talk about it right now?”

“Anything for my princess. Actually I wanted to say something…” Suddenly everything felt like déjà vu.

“Y-yes?” I released myself from his hold, but still held onto his soft hand that had this addicting touch.

“For a while I have been admiring you Dara. You are truly the greatest woman I have met in my life.” He got on his left knee. My heart was running a freaking marathon, but inside I hoped for him to continue.

“I love the way you smile, the way you laugh and the way you make me feel so happy. Would… Would you do me the honors and allow me to court you and soon become your boyfriend?” His eyes were filled with so much hope. It was such a adorable sight, but I realized he wasn’t the only one who expressed their feelings toward me.

“I….-----“