Chapter 3

Wedding Dress

Chaerin was in her car, watching the scene in front of her. She saw Dara and GD walking side by side, the way GD made funny faces and dances that cracked Dara up. She saw her best friend shiver. Chaerin was so tempted to step out and give her a jacket. She didn't have to worry too much, the dragon gave her his jacket.

Typical.

She wanted to drive away and look away a long time ago, but her body didn't want to listen to her. It's like her body wanted to torture her. Make her face the reality.

Don't worry Chae, she is still your best friend. Chaerin said to herself.

Nan nappeun gijibae nanan nappeun gijibae nan nappeun gijibae
Where all my bad gals at? 

Her phone rang. She didn't need to look at the caller ID to know who it was.

"Sup?"

"Hey Lee. Any plans with princess tonight?"

"Princess is going back to her castle with the Dragon... So you guess?"

"Hmm... Dang.. How 'bout we go to this new club? Hmm, Like good ole times?"

"I don't know.."

"It will be fun. Get some hotties in your system!"

"Fine. I'll meet you at the spot... 10 sharp?"

"9:30"

"I'm like 30 minutes away from you dude and plus I have to get ready"

"Fine. See you kid"

Her body finally began to listen to her, she started her car and drove back to her dorm room. She thought about how she was in the past. She began drinking, smoking and clubbing at a young age. All that pressure from her aunt got to her. Chaerin's parents kicked her out when she was a younger Chae, so her aunt decided to adopt her after her grandparents died. They loved Chae for who she was, so to take her away from the pain they took her away from her parents. Who knew it would be hell for the both of them? But for her moving in with her aunt, she got to meet someone. Someone who is very special to her now. Her best friend. 

When Yuri and Chaerin met and became friends, they went to clubs all the time together. You could say they were best friends of their own. Kwon had many flings, unlike Chaerin. Chaerin had only had one serious relationships, but she did go on many dates with people. Both girls and boys. She wasn't gay or biual. She just liked anyone who made her happy. Her first and only serious relationship was with this boy who lived in her neighborhood. They dated for a year and half. She was devastated when they called her and told her that he got into an accident. 

There was a year when she thought she was the reason for all the deaths in her life, she almost went berserk. That was the time she began smoking again, to calm herself. That was the year she got another 'label', The badass player.

She was always given an image. When she was younger they called her a nerd, in elementary school they called her a dork. In middle school they called her a loner. She didn't mind the name calling or anything. It gave her zero effect. To make it in this world, she had to tune out the negative, jealous voices. She wasn't a hundred percent alone, there was always Dara on her side. Dara lived a different life than Chaerin. Dara was always popular and a people's person. She was very kind and helpful, how could you hate her? She was adorable. 

Then high school came, Chaerin got her 'bad girl' label. She wasn't honestly bad. She was known for clubbing and smoking, which gave off her charisma. But everyone smoked and partied, right? She had this badass look that made the label grow more on her. Later on the years, she let it just happen and began to skip classes. Her skipping classes didn't do much to her grades. The school did have to call her up, but when they found out the truth about her life they let her off the hook. She was the schools top 5 students, in fact she was number one. No one knew. She didn't want anyone to know. It would've ruined her status at the school.

She finally snapped out her thoughts and saw that she already arrived at the parking lot. To her luck Dara was also there, with GD of course. She had to admit one thing, they looked great together. She walked a little slower so Dara would enter the room first. GD wasn't allowed inside so they were just standing in front of the parking lot elevator. Chaerin just watched their moments from afar. She hoped deep inside that they wouldn't kiss. They were friends for Christ sake. To her luck, they just hugged. Longer than a usual hug should last but it's better than a goodbye kiss. 

Dara had a smile on her face when she entered the elevator and pressed her floor button. Jiyong also had a big smile on his face when he turned around and walked to his car. 

"They both are hopelessly in love, aren't they?" Chaerin said to herself.

Tonight I'll loosen up and get ed up. Those were Chae's goal at the club.

Dara entered the room and saw it was empty. 

Wasn't she suppose to be here by now? Dara thought. She put her things down and got her phone to text her missing best friend. Before she got a chance to text her CL-roo the door opened, revealing a tired and hopeless Chaerin.

"Chaerin-ah you just got home?"

"Mhm" It was unusual for Chaerin to give that kind of response. 

"... Okay" Dara watched Chaerin go into the bathroom and come out looking brand new. New clothes on, makeup and hair done.

"Going somewhere Chae?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. New club opened up. I don't know when I'll be home, don't wait up"

"But--"

"Don't worry Sandara, I'll listen to your little date with Oppa tomorrow" Chaerin stood in front of Dara and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Chae didn't know how much Dara loved her forehead kisses. Dara didn't know that Chae gives no one else forehead kisses, they are only for her precious princess. 

"It wasn't a date!" Chaerin didn't hear that. She was already gone. New club plus Chaerin plus alcohol and people made Dara feel uncomfortable. 

The feeling is back. She thought. 

"Please don't do anything wrong Chae..." Dara laid down on her bed, trying to go to sleep but she kept failing. She kept thinking what Chae could be doing out there and who she is with. 

2:30 AM

Chaerin still hasn't come home. Dara was worried sick. She hasn't been able to sleep ever since she laid down. Without her knowing tears rolled down her tears. Dara's mind was only filled with billions of questions that all came back to someone, Chaerin Lee. 

Chaerin's side

Chaerin just reached the new club. She was going to enter but thought it would be best to enter with her clubbing buddy.

"Hey Lee. My bad I'm 5 minutes late"

"It's good Kwon. So you... Ready to get ed up?" Usually Chaerin is confident and excited to enter clubs, but this time something was bothering her. Kwon could sense it. Her goal tonight was to make Chaerin feel better and happy, even if it might be for a night, an hour or a few minutes. Kwon couldn't see her friend upset.

"Hell yeah. I heard it's going to be good"

"Let's just hope Kwon. I don't like being disappointed"

"Haha I know. Blame me if it is..... Smoke?"

"Hell yeah" Chaerin didn't take Kwon's cigarette but Kwon did light up Chae's cigarette. 

They both entered the already packed new club. There was loud music, drunk people at the bar and dance floor. So many single or maybe single woman. It was a gold mine. Kwon decided to find someone to get laid, but she needed a drink first. Chaerin just skipped the drinks and went straight to dance floor. After a couple minutes of dancing, she knew she needed a drink. She went to the bar and found Yuri still here.

"Why you still here?" Yuri didn't respond. Her focus was on something else, or should I say someone. Chaerin followed her eyes and saw Kwon was looking at the bar tender.

"You interested in her pal?"

"Huh? Nah not my type"

"Why do you keep looking at her then?"

"... Don't know what you're talking about"

"Yo bartender can I have the strongest drink ya got?" I made sure I called that bartender Yuri was looking at, she came our way. Kwon didn't know I called her. Surprise for her. The woman came my way with the drink, I saw her look at Yuri with big eyes.

"Yuri-ah?" Kwon turned around, shocked.

"Hey Jessica." 

They know each other? Chaerin thought. 

Chaerin observed Kwon's facial expressions. They looked so hurt and broken. But why? That was the main question. Chaerin's eyes followed down to the woman's hands. She had a ring in her ring finger. 

She is either married or engaged. Chaerin thought. 

I guess Yuri was really up for a surprise huh. 

"How are you Yuri?"

"Fine." Yuri got up and joined the dance floor. Chaerin gulped down her drink and followed her friend

"Yo what was that?"

"Sigh.. That's my ex. The only girl I was serious with. She chose my best friend over me and got engaged. Maybe married now?"

"Sorry to hear that Yuri" That was the first time Chae didn't call her Kwon. That's how you knew Chaerin cared. 

"I guess. Anyways let's get ed!" Yuri screamed, Chaerin looked at the bartender and she kept looking at Yuri. 

The whole night Yuri danced with random boys and girls, but only made out with girls. That was party animal Yul for you. Chaerin was too tired from the dancing and was just chilling on the sideline.

"Pretty blonde?!" Chaerin looked over her shoulder and saw that girl again.

"Hey Barbie red. Following me?"

"Of course haha. Enjoying yourself?"

"Of course" They both put up their drinks.

"Cheers?"

"Cheers" Their glasses clinked. 

"Soooo.. Why do you always look lost and sad when I see you?"

"I don't know. You come at wrong moments"

"I guess so.."

"So can I know your name Barbie Red?"

"Hmm... That won't be much fun. If we meet again, I'll tell you my name. Deal?"

"Deal" they cheered again and spent the night dancing together.

2:30 AM

Chaerin was totally ed up, waiting outside her room door. She suddenly thought about the girl inside. The girl she loved. Tears uncontrollably rolled down her drunk, tired, beautiful face.

"I love you so much Dara" Chaerin whispered to the door before she passed out.

"Please come back soon Chaerin- ah. Don't be with someone else right now" Dara said before she finally fell asleep after all the crying. 

~ ~ ~

Thank you to 2addicted2ne1 and ikawyun_14 for the upvote (: