Chapter 15

Wedding Dress

Chaerin’s separate apartment

Chaerin took a seat on the couch and observed her sister. She’s grown up so much since the last time they saw each other. Her short, dark black hair was now long and black with ombre tips. Her little Harin wasn’t so little anymore. The cute little girl was now a beautiful woman. The thought made her heart ache. So many years she missed, seeing her sister slowly grow up. She’s always wondered how their parents treated Harin. Did they treat her like they treated Chaerin? Were they overprotective? Did they keep her safe? Teach her wrong from right? And most importantly… Did they make her happy?

When her eyes went from her younger sisters legs to her face, she caught Harin staring back at her. Like she was observing her as well. Well they were sisters after all.

Harin saw how different her sister looked, she was still beautiful but there was so much emotion in her eyes. Harin never hated her sister for not being there when she needed help growing up. She knew it wasn’t her sister’s fault. It was their parent’s fault. It was their father’s fault. She was a really young girl when all the house drama was happening, but Harin wasn’t an average child, she was very observant and smart. She knew her parents and sister were arguing but she just didn’t know over what. As the years went by and her sister was sent away, Harin over heard the reason to why her sister was forced out the house. The younger girl wanted to truly hate her parents, but she didn’t have the heart to. They were her parents after all. You can’t hate the one who brought you into this world, well that is what her father encoded into her mind.

Her eyes met her sisters and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t help but see the sadness in them. She could see her sister just drowning herself in problems after problems. But she couldn’t help it. It had been too many years since they have been apart. You can break friendship but you can never break family.

Flashback

“Unnie! Unnie!”

“Yes Harin-ah?”

“Play with me!” The 9-year-old Harin brought up the dolls to show her unnie with this gummy smile on her face.

“Of course cutie!” Even thought Chaerin was afraid to pet her sister’s head, she did it anyways. Looking around to make sure her father wasn’t around.

“Hehe I love when you do that unnie! Do it again!!! PLEASE!”

“Maybe later okay?” Chaerin was about to grab a doll until a hand stopped hers.

“What are you doing Chaerin Lee?” A very deep, manly and cold voice spoke.

“N-nothing—“

“She was about to play dolls with me, daddy!” Harin showed him the dolls and gave him a big smile, he ree. He called over the head woman of the house over to pick up Harin. His wife hesitantly picked up the baby girl and slowly made her way out.

Chaerin’s father gave Chaerin a slap to the face.

“Don’t touch my daughter. What did I tell you?” He yelled down at her.

“I d-didn’t even t-to-touch her fath—“ Chaerin tried her best to not cry or stutter, but boy did she fail both. Tears were flowing down her face. Enough tears that would cause her eyes to swell up the next day. Her hand was holding the cheek that still had this sting to it. Her body didn’t have the strength to look into the monster’s eyes.

“It’s Mr Lee to you Chaerin! Listen here sinner, you will NOT and I repeat NOT touch my daughter and infect her. You can play with Harin when you get fixed, do you hear?” It was the same reason. THE SAME exact reason to why she couldn’t do anything else. This was going too far. How can you fix something that doesn’t need to be fixed?

“Nothing is broken. What is there to fix?” Chaerin was basically talking to herself now, because her so-called father already left the room.

After that Chaerin never touched, talked, thought, or even looked at her little sister. No matter how many times Harin wanted to play with her sister, Chaerin just gave her the cold shoulder. It was until one night Harin went to her parents and complained to her father on how her unnie was treating her. All Mrs. Lee could do was sigh and watch everything happen. She agreed with everything with her husband did but she also took sides with her eldest daughter. She saw both point of views and sided with both. Mr. Lee angrily got out of bed and marched his way to Chaerin’s bedroom, leaving his youngest with his wife in their room.

KNOCK KNOCK! KNOCK KNOCK!

“CHAERIN LEE, OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR!” His loud, angry voice echoed throughout the whole house. Making everyone, including the workers, become scared. The eldest daughter slowly opened the door, still being half asleep and half scared for her life.

“Y-yes Da-Mr. Lee?”

“Why did Harin come to me complaining about your behavior towards her?” Chaerin wanted to answer her father, but she knew it would lead to nothing good. He got mad when she talked to Harin, He got mad when she said her name. He got angry when she ignored Harin. Nothing made sense to her. What did this man want from her.

“TALK TO ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU YOUNG LADY!” He grabbed her by her neck and brought her to eye level, still no words escaping Chaerin’s mouth. At this point she had given up. Her father threw her harshly onto the wood floor and closed the door, locking it. Leaving her alone and trapped like a wild animal.

Flashback end

Chaerin took a deep breath, “Harin.” Chaerin said in a cold and serious tone.

“Y-yes?”

“What are you doing here?” Chaerin tried her best not to grow soft for her sister. She knew it would be wrong. She was so traumatized, being afraid that her father might come out of nowhere and do something to her.

“I just wanted to see my.. Sister.” Sister. Sister. That word didn’t exist in Chaerin’s dictionary. The word made her cringe so badly. It gave her goose bumps. It made her feel so sick, like the word carried a disease. Poor Pony was stuck in the awkward atmosphere. She wasn’t sitting near them, but she definitely felt out of place, like she shouldn’t be here.

“Maybe.. Maybe I should go Chaerin..” Pony grabbed her belonging and began to head to the door, but was soon stopped by a hand. Chaerin’s hand.

“No.. No you don’t have to. Harin was just leaving. Right Harin?” Chaerin looked over to her sister and saw such sadness in her eyes, but in honestly… what could she do? The brunnettes shoulders dropped at her sister’s words. Her sister was colder than before, but at least this time she looked at her. Spoke her name. Her sister was still there deep down inside. It will just take… some time.

“Bye Chaerin, see you tomorrow. See you Harin-ssi.” Pony gave the Lee sisters a 90-degree bow.

“Text me when you reach home safely.” The pink head nodded and left the apartment building.

“You like her?” Chaerin got startled, almost forgetting about the second woman in her home. She took a deep breath and entered her kitchen to get herself a drink.

“Silence is yes?” Harin spoke again.

“You know… I hope you don’t…” She walked near Chaerin and got herself a glass of water. “Because I think I like her.” That’s when Chaerin lost it. She threw the glass, which was in her hand, at the wall. Letting it shattered all over the place. She failed. After all these years, she failed. The staying away. The not speaking. The ignoring. The cold shoulder. She failed her father.

“Get out…” Chaerin quietly said.

“What?” Harin became confused.

“I SAID GET OUT MY HOUSE!” Her angry got to the best of her. Her face and voice turned as demonic as her fathers. Like father, like daughter ehh?

Harin was in complete shock. Her sister has done many things that have caused her pain but Chaerin had NEVER yelled at her. She didn’t know what to do, or how to feel.

“S-sorry…” Harin quickly ran out the door, leaving a frustrated and guilty blonde.

“! WHY ME?” Another glass kissed the wall. The blonde grew weak. All the years of work went down the drain. She was definitely going to Hell now.

Dorm Room

It was quiet, like it should be. It was late at night and only a small sized brunette was lying down on her bed, sleeping.  After waiting for what seems like forever, Dara fell asleep. Even though she would’ve waited all night for Chaerin to come home, she couldn’t. Her body was fully drained. From school, to drama, to rumors, to G Dragon, then the icing on the cake.. Chaerin.

The door’s lock started to make noise. Dara woke up from her precious sleep, becoming cautious of the intruder. She grabbed her phone and kept it close to her chest, while the other hand was reaching for the secret knife Chaerin put near her bed, for emergencies.

Dara saw a hooded person come towards her. She yelled out her lungs but stopped when a hand covered . Tears were rolling down her cheeks, her breaths lessened and the only person on her mind was Chaerin