Insensible: Pt. 2

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was hard. Yoongi was constantly working, so was Jungkook, but he'd come home early and would cook dinner for Yoongi before he went to sleep. A while after, Jungkook's mother was involved in a car accident, killing her on impact. Yoongi had rushed home that day, yelling at Namjoon to tell the chief he had to go. Yoongi arrived, hearing crying coming from the bedroom. He ran over, opening the door and seeing Jungkook curled up in a ball on the bed.

"It hurt, seeing him cry like that." Yoongi felt tears, but pushed them back. "I couldn't do anything. I couldn't take the pain away. I couldn't turn back time and stop the accident. Remember the worse part, Namjoon? It wasn't an accident, his mother was suffering from depression." He slowly turned his head to Namjoon, who stared at the cup. "His mother planned it. But the even worse part? Depression, and any mental illness, is genetic." Yoongi turned his gaze away as he stood up from his seat, wobbling as he made his way over to an electronic jukebox. He put the coin in, typing a name into the search box and clicking a song. He walked back, sitting down just in time before the song started playing.

Yoongi had talked to the chief, explaining the situation and having him switch Yoongi to the second floor instead of the sixth, and changing his hours so he'd be able to be at home with Jungkook and helping him through his mother's suicide. Jungkook seemed to get worse, to the point where Yoongi had said they should go to counseling. It seemed to help, but it still wasn't enough.

 

«play the song now»

 

Yoongi's phone rang as he struggled to fix some documents back together. He looked to see who was calling, a smile on his face appearing as he saw who it was.

"What is it? You can't wait to see me?" He chuckled, stacking the papers up neatly.

"Yoongi..." There was pain in his voice, making Yoongi's heart panic.

"Is everything okay Jungkook? What happened?"

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I'm sorry..."

"Jungkook, what is it?! What's going on?!" Yoongi quickly walked back to his office, looking for his car keys. He found them, grabbing them and his jacket as he ran out of the office.

"It hurts Yoongi. It hurts." Yoongi started running down the stairs, making his way to the parking lot.

"I know it does baby, but we're in this together. I'll be there soon, you'll be alright." He continued to run, looking around the lot as he spotted his car. He ran over, opening the door and turning the engine on.

"I'm not home."

"I know Jungkookie, I can hear car noises. Where are you?!" He placed the phone on speaker, setting it inside a cup holder.

"I'm at the bridge..." Yoongi looked behind him, checking to see any people passing by as he drove backwards and got out of the parking space. "But don't come."

"Jungkook please, I'll be there. Don't do anything, please." 'It'll take me 15 minutes to get there. 8 minutes if I cut through and go at 70.' Yoongi thought as he started driving to the bridge.

"I'm sorry Yoongi I'm sorry." His voice kept cracking, just like Yoongi's heart. He could hear as the other was breaking down. "I'm sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter