Not A Bad Job After All

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook's POV

"We have two openings currently." The lady continued to stare at the computer, scrolling.

"What are they?" I bit my lip.

I've been looking for a job for a while now. My mom has gotten a bit sick and my sister still needs a little bit more money to be able to pay her first year in college. It's just for a while, I can quit right after my sister reaches the amount of money she needs. I looked everywhere so far. From shops in the mall, pizzerias, grocery stores, carrying boxes, everything. This is my last option. It could be fun. I mean, it is an amusement park.

"Well, we need a busboy for a restaurant. It'll be from 12pm-6pm." Busboy? "Mondays through Thursdays." . I'll be in school...

"What's the second opening?" I tilted my head. Maybe it will be better...

"It's a new thing we're trying out, but we haven't exactly found out who could do it. You see this plushie on my desk?" She pointed over to a little black teddy bear(?). "We've recently had the company reach out to us and have us display and sell them. We need someone to, well, dress up in a costume for it." Oh god... "It'll be from 3pm-6pm on weekdays, 11am-4pm on weekends."

"Is that... The only other opening you have?" She nodded. I might as well. School ends at 2:15... If anyone finds out I'm doing this... I sighed. "I'll take it."

"Great! You start next week. We still have to fix up the shop and then it'll be ready to go. Just fill this form out and we'll call you so you can pick up the costume." She handed me a clipboard and pen.

"Alright." I took in, walking over to a chair and starting to fill the form out. I can do this. It'll only be until I have enough to help my sis... I sighed. If Taehyung ever sees me here... He'll make sure to blackmail me.

"One other thing!" I looked up, "you need to learn the little dance he does." Dance? I guess that makes it a little better...

 

~a week later~

 

"Wow! It's a perfect fit!" The lady looked me up and down, leading me towards the mirror. I only blinked, feeling my cheeks turn a slight pink. I swear if anyone sees me in this... I headed towards the employee stalls, taking off the costume and placing it in my locker. I walked back out, fixing my hair.

"It's a good thing you came in early. Since you have 30 minutes before your shift starts... Can you put these posters up?" She handed me a stack. I grabbed them, looking at the design. "Put them up anywhere. Poles, walls, hand them to people. You can also ask some of the shopkeepers if it's okay to put one or two in their store." I nodded, walking out and taking a deep breath. You can do this, it's for your sister. I nodded again.

I started walking, looking around to see where I could place the posters. Oh! That looks like a good spot! I quickly walked over, putting down the stack on a bench as I grabbed one. I took out tape, cutting a piece and sticking the poster up. I heard someone gasp.

"Kumamon?! Kumamon is here?!" I turned around, seeing a little girl jump up and down and turn to face her mother. "Can we see him? Can we, can we?!" She continued to jump up and down. The woman looked at the poster, then at me.

"When is Kumamon arriving?" She smiled.

"He'll be here at 3." I nodded, picking up the posters.

"That's soon! Can we stay a little longer to see him?" She looked up at her mom, giving her puppy eyes. ...I'll be attracting kids... Why didn't I think of this?! I gulped, imagining how it'll be will when all the little kids run up to me. They'll be tugging, hugging, fighting with each other just to see Kumamon... I shivered. I continued to walk around, sticking the poste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter