Can I Kiss You Again?

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


  Yoongi is pretty sure his feet are now a glowing red from the coffee he spilled, but it's nothing compared to the genuine fear he's feeling now. Big bold letters in an obnoxious font, cover the home page of every single news site he's come across. He stops after the fifteenth site, taking a deep breath and preparing himself to read article in front of him.

[BREAKING NEWS: Rapper/Producer SUGA is in a relationship with... A male?!]

  'Earlier this year, SUGA was interviewed by Hae Kyungja regarding his latest album, Trouble. Of course us fans want to hear how it was like to produce the album and all the hard work that went into it, but we all know we want some juice from his private life!

  [15:34]

 "A fan asks, 'have you ever been in love?'."

  "Ah, I have."

  "Oh, who was the lucky girl?"

  Of course at this point, he is seen showing some hesitation.

  "I rather not say, it's in the past now."

  "Hm, okay. Another fan asks, 'does it matter if your girlfriend is of a different race?'."

  "I focus on personality and atmosphere. I don't have an ideal type and it's not limited to a girl."

   There was a lot of talk, mostly coming from his fans.

  'There was probably some mix in his words, he has a lisp, remember?'

  'Does that mean I have to compete against MALES now?!"

  'I'm never buying his albums ever again!'

  Of course this is only some of the responses, but we never really had any proof. Until now, that is.'

  A picture of Yoongi's car appears in front of a house, a male getting out of his car. The male held a white teddy bear in hand as he waved goodbye. Unexpectedly, the male's face is blurred. 'Oh thank god—'

  'Who is this male, and why did the paparazzi blur his face out? Some say SUGA's company had received word of the pictures and asked the press to blur the male's face. The press has never done this before, which leads to others saying that it could possibly be another celebrity!'

  He slams his laptop shut, taking a deep breath and heading to the kitchen to retrieve a towel. What the hell am I going to do? He grabs the towel and heads back, cleaning up the spilled coffee. I should go see Yong Guk. He finishes cleaning  up and hurries to get dressed. He grabs his phone and keys, putting on his shoes and locking his apartment door.

  As he leaves the building, lots of flashes followed by shouts engulf him.

  "Min Yoongi! Is it true you are in a relationship with him?!"

  "Many fans have been trying to locate this male, are you worried?"

  "Your album sales have dropped. Weren't you thinking about your career?!"

  "Alright back it up right now!" He sighed, seeing his bodyguard appear. "If you do not give Mr. Min at least 5 feet of space, I will resort to calling the police! So back it up right NOW!" The reporters shook a bit and stepped back.

  "Thanks." Yoongi muttered and walked behind his bodyguard to his car. The reporters followed, still snapping pictures and yelling out nonsense.

  Once inside the car, they both let out a sigh. Yoongi sat in the passenger seat. Not daring to look at the reporters he looked straight ahead. The reporters moved out of the way once the car started to move back. Minho, his bodyguard, managed to get out of the parking lot without hitting any reporters(although he would have gladly done it).

  Paparazzi chased after the car until Minho sped up and started to take too many lefts and rights. Yoongi swears his brain turned into mush and Minho will definitely not drive him around anymore.

  "Are you okay?"

  "I'm fine." Yoongi took his phone out. Notifications flooded in from his social media accounts. Thank god Jungkook's name hasn't appeared on any of the messages or he might have just taken the wheel from Minho.

  "I'm sure he's okay. Right now we need to get you to the company building." He closed his eyes and rested his head against the tinted window.

 

~~~~~

 

  "Yong Guk—"

  "Sit." Yoongi sat down while Yong Guk held his head in his hands. "Minho didn't have to use force, right?"

  "What did the reporter mean when they said you already knew about the pictures? Did you know?" Yong Guk kept silent. "How can you not tell me?! This affects both me and my partner! He could—" Yoongi took a deep breath, "someone can find out who he is and hurt him."

  "No, we didn't know about the pictures. I'm just as shocked as you are that they found out." Yoongi bit his lip, taking notice of Yong Guk's disarranged hair and shaking hands. "Look, I don't know how I can fix this. There isn't many options since you're a celebrity and—"

  "You're not suggesting that... I break up with him, right? Yong Guk, you know I—"

  "Yes, yes Yoongi. I know. I know how much you like him, I know how much you're willing to sacrifice for him." He looked up, frustration and sadness morphing together in his eyes. "Talk to him and see what you guys want to do. If you don't break up, I'll figure something out, okay?" Yoongi's phone began to ring, soft piano music playing as he took it out and swiped the answer button. He looks up, receiving a nod from Yong Guk. He stands up and heads out to the hallway, hesitantly pressing the answer button.

  "Hey." He manages to sound happy, he genuinely is, considering the one who called has never failed to put a smile on his face for the past year, seven months, fourteen days and si— not like that matters.

  "Yoongi." Jungkook's smooth voice came through the line, causing Yoongi's shoulders to relax and his heart to slow down. The gears in his brain stop crunching and clashing, sliding against each other perfectly. It's only been eleven days since last saw him, and now he hopes more than anything that he can see his face right now. Smush their hands together, lay his head in his neck, and press soft kisses on his fingertips. "I saw the article and a video of paparazzi swarming you, are you okay?"

  "I'm okay. Have you gotten any—"

  "No, I'm okay, too." There was a pause, followed by some rustling. "I don't... I'm sorry I to put your career at stake, Yoongs."

  "I already put it at stake by confessing to you, dumby." His stomach twisted, hearing a ragged sigh come from Jungkook. "Not like I regret it, though. You know that, right?" He turns his head at the light footsteps that approach, nodding and waving at Yong Guk's secretary, Jun.

  "There's not many options, I know that. Yong Guk also can't come up with something to cover it up." Another pause and a hollow breath. "Let's just, break up, okay?" His legs feel like little ants are crawling all over, scurrying with fear. His arm itch, wanting to wrap Jungkook in them because the sniffles that are squeezing their way into the strong voice Jungkook's is desperately trying to use are making his heart cry. "We can be friends, you know?"

  The walls seem to wobble as Yoongi breathes out an, "okay." His hand opens and closes, shaking as he takes in a deep breath. "Okay, I'll, I'll tell him. Um, take care, Koo—Jungkook. I'll call—"

  "No, you don't have to do that. I'll be fine as long as you're fine." 'But I'm not fine. I just want to hold you and scream at the world that I don't care at their closed minds.'

  "Alright. Goodbye." A hum and another sniffle, followed by a click. Yoongi puts his phone away, putting his head in his hands. He walks back into Yong Guk's office, taking a seat in the cold chair.

  "Sir, the CEO of HC wants to—" Jun burst in, halting at the sight of a crumbling Yoongi.

  "Please leave the room, Jun. Tell him I'll call back later." Yong Guk gives Jun a little glare, his secretary knowing he means to harm but that it's best he gets out of the room to give the two their privacy. "If any of the press come calling or barging in through the doors, I want you to have them kicked out. Be sure to call for Minho in case it happens." Jun nods and bows, covering his ears as Yoongi's cries start to get a little louder by the second. He cries tears full of hate and frustration, internally screaming at the world. His mouth burns and stomach spins like a washing machine, the acid in it threatening to spew out. It seems silly to do this, almost childish in his eyes. But honestly, the world has ripped out so many things from him that it's only fair that he gets to cry and vent out his anger at times like these. He on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter