Black Watercolor(Smeared Across My Heart)

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


  "Maybe you should go to the museum." Byunghun took a picture of a nearby oak tree. "Kill two birds with one stone. Don't you have to do a report about it for art?"

  "The ones about history?" Taemin looked up from raking the leaves that had fallen off.

  "Did I not just say he needs to do a report for art?" Byunghun took another shot. "He can take his 'friend' on a date there but also get his report done."

  "This isn't a date. We're hanging out."

  "He rarely hangs out with anyone. I'm sure this is more than just hanging out." Taemin continued to rake the leaves.

  "Sure. I'm going home now. See you guys." I turned around and walked down the path we came from, closing the garden door. I don't see why they asked me to help when they were the ones who cause trouble and now needed to do some work to make up for it. I took in a deep breath, inhaling the scent of autumn.

  'Where should we go?-Min' I stared at the text before I clicked the keys, typing out 'let's go to the art museum. I need to do a report about some of the paintings for class.'

  'Sure thing. Meet there at 4:35?'

  'Mhm. See you there!' I picked up my pace and jogged home, the corners of my lips stabbing my cheeks.

 

~~~~~

 

  "Yoongi!" I ran towards him and waved my hand around. He shook his head once he saw me.

  "That excited?"

  "More or less." I took out my notepad and a pen, jogging up the steps and to the entrance. The cream colored walls calmed my nerves while the bright lights made my body heat go up a few degrees.

 "Hello, welcome to W. How many tickets?"

 "Two." I took out my wallet and placed the money on the counter. Yoongi took his wallet out and placed money as well.

 "Have a nice tour." The man behind the counter smiled. He handed the tickets through the hold and ushered us to go inside.

We walked around and occasionally stopped to admire some paintings. The most realistic one seemed to catch Yoongi's attention as he took his phone out and snapped pictures of them. Meanwhile none of them stood out to me. Not even the ones that held a strong emotion or were smeared with unique color combinations. I sighed and scribbled down my thoughts, all of them containing either the word 'boring' or 'simple'. Who am I to judge their art when I doubt mine would even get the pleasure of being put up on the wall? I rolled my eyes.

We took a left turn, a hallway full of only mirrors leading to the next section of paintings. The light sound of piano music played in the background accompanied by the noise our feet made while we walked through. I looked at the mirrors, trying to come up with a starting point of my report.

 "Are you sure you'll even be able to write anything good about the paintings?" I stopped, feeling a slight heat crawling on to my cheeks. "All you've done is sigh, that can't be good." Yoongi let out a soft chuckle.

 "I don't know... They don't capture my attention like I was hoping." I pouted a bit.

 "Maybe the next section will have something." He smiled as he ruffled my hair. I only hummed in response and followed.

Statues and more paintings lined up the walls. Many of the visitors took pictures next to them and tried to fit in to what the some of the statues were posed as. I continued to write about my dissatisfaction when Yoongi stopped. I turned and saw him staring fondly at a painting.

 "It's just amazing, you know? Some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter