Meanie(But I Still Like You): Pt. 2

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As summer went by, Jungkook continued to follow Yoongi around. It annoyed him but it was nice to have someone admire him. Although he'd never admit it to Jungkook.

 "You're 4, yet you can almost speak most sentences." Yoongi eyed Jungkook.

 "My older brother helped me start talking and learning  how to speak early. I don't know how to read, though." Jungkook smiled. "What's this?" He held up a book.

 "A book?"

 "What's it about?"

 "It says 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'."

 "Ooh, can you read it to me?" Jungkook handed him the book, smiling.

 "Sure." He cleared his throat, opening up to the first page. "In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf. One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and pop! Out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar."

 "What do caterpillars eat?"

 "Meat."

 "Really?" Jungkook's eyes widened. Yoongi bit his tongue to stop the laugh.

 "No, Kookie, they don't. They eat like, leaves." Yoongi patted his head, smiling before continuing the story. "He started to look for some food..."

 


The next day, Jungkook came up to Yoongi, and excited look on his face.

 "Did your mom pack cake again?"

 "Yes, but there's a new kid. He's the same age as you!" Jungkook smiled. "His name is Yong Guk."

 "Why do I need to know this?"

 "He's really cool! He raised money to give to kids in Africa! I want to be like him."

 "Didn't you want to be like me?"

 "I did, but doing charity work is cooler!" Yoongi got up from their usual spot, walking back inside the day care. 'I'm not cool enough anymore?! What?! After I saved him from being picked on?!' He scowled, feeling betrayed by his only friend. Sure, the other kids started talking to him and dragging him into their groups, but he always made it clear he liked being alone. Alone with Jungkook, that is.

 "Why are you inside?" James, a care taker there, walked over. "Are you upset?"

 "No." Yoongi spat.

 "Then why do you look angry? Did you have a fight with your friend?"

 "As if." He crossed his arms. "This is a good thing, he can finally leave me alone and follow someone else!"

 "If it was a good thing, shouldn't you be happy?"

 "I am! I'm so happy I could punch a wall!"

 "Woah, okay let's not do that."

 "I've been teaching him how to be a good kid, I even take care of him! I also read books to him!"

 "Ooh, are you jealous?"

 "Of course not!"

 "Don't worry, I'm sure your friend wouldn't trade you for someone else." James patted my head, "it's snack time, can you help me seat up the tables?" Yoongi nodded, getting up and helping him out.

The kids started to come back in and ate their snacks. Yoongi called over Seokmin and handed him his snack. Jungkook pouted at the sight, but Yoongi ignored him. He pretended to sleep, only waking up when James said they would start their arts and crafts of the day. They had to pick someone else for a partner and once again, Yoongi called Seokmin to be his partner. Yong Guk seemed to be the only one left without a partner, Jungkook too, and James paired them up together. 'You must be really happy right now, Jungkook.' Yoongi scowled. They started their project, having to paint something for the other that reminded that remind of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter