I'll Help You

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 "Can you get a carton of milk? I forgot to put it in the basket..." His mom frowned, crumpling the sticky note in her hand.

 "Sure thing, mom." He nodded and turned, heading to the dairy section. He passed aisles filled with canned food, noodles, spices, and junk food. He stopped and looked into the junk food area. He noticed a kid with black hair who held a brown teddy bear and stared at the sodas on display. The kid reached up for a bottle and almost fell back once he got it. Yoongi quietly chuckled to himself.

 He looked back to where he was headed, leaving the curious/cute kid alone to play. Yoongi looked past the yogurts, packaged cheeses, and eggs to the milk. He picked up a carton of milk and held onto it carefully as he walked back. He passed by that aisle with the kid and looked to see if he had left already. The kid seemed to notice where he was and frantically looked around.

 "Mommy?" He called, dropping both the soda bottle and his teddy onto the tiled floor. "M-Mommy?!" The kid spun around, not believing that he had lost his mother at the supermarket. He let out a cry.

 Yoongi remembers when he lost his father here, it was utterly terrifying. He had thought his father abandoned him to fend for himself. That he was sick of his constant whining. Turns out his father only left to pick up the bag of freshly chopped meat from the butcher.

 The kid plopped down to the floor with his hands covering his eyes. A hiccup escaped and Yoongi carefully made his way over to him.

 He remembers his father telling him that if his mom or him ever forget to tell him where they are going or if he gets lost, to find someone that works at the supermarket or an adult. Yoongi may not be an adult but he sure can help the kid find a worker here.

 "Did you lose your mom?" Yoongi tilted his head down. The kid rubbed his eyes and nodded, tears covering his cheeks. "Don't cry, lets go with my mom, yeah? I'll help you." The kid moved one of his hands away and looked at Yoongi.

 "Okay..." The kid got up, wiping his eyes with his sleeves. Yoongi picked up the soda and teddy bear, handing the bear over and placing the soda back.

 "How old are ya?"

 "F-five." He held his teddy tightly in his arm and whispered.

 "I'm nine. What's your name? I'm Yoongi."

 "J-Jungkook J-Jeon."

 "Is it okay if I call you Kookie?"

 "Kookie?" He looked up at Yoongi, a confused expression on him that Yoongi found adorable. "I like cookies."

 "Great, let's go find your mom." Yoongi began to walk to where his mom was. Jungkook following. He seemed a little wary to a stranger helping him so Yoongi grabbed his little hand in his and smiled. "We'll find your mom."

 Once Yoongi's mother spotted her son with a child she let out a gasp.

 "Yoongi, I told you to bring milk, not a preschooler." She rushed to them.

 "I did bring milk." Yoongi pouted a bit, "this is Kookie."

 "You could have just grabbed a box of cookies instead. What's going on?"

 "He lost his mom so I brought him here. We can help him find her." He smiled proudly. Jungkook looked at the two.

 "Let's hope his mom doesn't think you stole him." Mrs. Min sighed but smiled. She grabbed her cart and motioned for the kids to follow her.

 "We'll find her soon." Yoongi smiled again at Jungkook. They arrived at customer service and stayed close to Yoongi's mom as she told the man behind the counter what happened.

 "What's his name? Age?" The man picked up a telephone.

 "Jungkook Jeon, 5 years old." Yoongi replied back quickly.

 "We'll make an announcement right now." Yoongi walked over to a bench near the booth and motioned for Jungkook to sit down. Jungkook's stomach growled quietly which made Yoongi laugh. He ruffled his hair and smiled. "We have a child here by the name of Jungkook Jeon, he is 5 years old. He is wearing a dark blue jacket and holding a brown teddy bear. He has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter