Magical Mirror

SugaKookie One-Shots/Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "How much longer am I going to be in here?" I pushed my food around with my spoon, looking up at Sarah, one of our many house maids.

 "Your father wants to keep you safe, master. The war is still going on strong, he wants to make sure you don't get taken away." Sarah turned to me, a sad smile on her lips. "It'll be over soon."

 "You've been saying that for a long time now..." I mumbled, pushing the tray away from me. "I'm always alone in here." She sighed.

 "I am sorry that it is lonely, I will talk to your father and see if we can spend more time with you. I hope you understand." She picked up the tray, giving me one last glance before leaving the room. I laid back down in my bed, sighing as I closed my eyes. Is there really nothing in here I can do? I pushed myself up, slowly getting out of the bed and looking around. If only my legs were mobile, I could move around faster. I pushed myself towards some covered furniture, taking off the sheets that covered them and coughed. Maybe I shouldn't do that. I coughed again. Hm... I looked around again, carefully examining each object in the room.

Something sparkled, my eyes widened in interest. I dragged myself over, positioning myself so I was sitting in a crisis cross position in front of the mirror. I smiled to myself, pulling the sheet off and covering my mouth from all the escaping dust.

 "Oh, what's this?" I tilted my head, seeing my reflection in the glass. "What was the word fro this? Ah, 'mirror'!" I laughed happily, leaning close to the glass. I always wondered if mirrors were only small... I guess they're not. I examined my dark hair, pried my eyes open and examined my eye color. I opened my mouth, seeing all my teeth. I started making funny faces into the mirror, laughing as I realized how silly I looked.

 "Hahahaha!" I jumped, looking around the room.

 "Sarah...?" I gulped.

 "Nope. Look back here!" I turned my head back to the mirror, gasping as I saw a little boy. He had a dark blue cloak on, with some weird things in his hair. He had dark hair and dark eyes, like me, and he sat in the same position as I did. I covered my face with the sheet in fear.

 "Who are you?"

 "Hello! I'm a wizard." He laughed. I lowered the sheet, blinking as the boy smiled.

 "H-Hello..."

 "Nice to meet you!"

 "What are you doing in the mirror...? Or are you actually real?" I put the sheet next to me, speaking in a low volume. He laughed.

 "That's kind of hard to explain." He scratched the back of his head. "I heard you talking about not being able to play in here." He looked behind me. "Maybe I can be your play mate?"

 "But how do I play with you?" I scowled.

 "Hm, I guess I never thought about that." He rested his chin on his hand. "What if I tell you some stories?"

 "I like stories, what kind of stories are they?" I sat up straight, playing with my hands.

 "I know all kinds of stories! I know stories about dragons and mermaids, of creatures that you wouldn't believe existed, of princesses and princes! There are also the really sad stories but we shouldn't talk about those ones." He smiled again. "What do you want to hear?"

 "What are... Dragons? Mermaids?"

 "You don't know what they are?" He looked surprised, a frown replacing his smile. "Are you not allowed to read about mythical creatures?"

 "Father never let me look at those books, he said they were full of it. I don't know what full of it, but it sounded really bad."

 "Well it's a good thing I'm here. You'll get to learn about all the things that once existed! But I'm sure they still exist, it would be a shame if they weren't around anymore." He took a deep breath in. "Are you ready?" I nodded. "A long, long, long time ago, the world was full of these creatures. There were Giants, who weren't very nice—"


~~~~~


 "What happened to him?" I pouted, looking at him.

 "He swung his sword at the dragon and—"

 "Master?" I jumped, hearing a knock on the door.

 "Yes, Madeleine?" I put a finger to my lips and looked at Jungkook.

 "What's with all the noise?"

 "Oh, I'm just playing around with some toys I found!"

 "Dinner will be ready soon, do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter