Through the phone

The way you move

Hi guys! Again i'm so sorry for the slow update.  Thank you for the support! =)

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

            “Hyung…I want banana milkshake…” Taemin whined to Onew.  “Pretty pretty please with sugar on top…” Taemin batted his eyelashes as he made his pitch a bit higher than usual.  Onew sighed and ruffled Taemin’s hair.  “Oh alright.  Jonghyun and Key, you two want anything?”  “Ice Americano for me.” “Nah…I’ll pass.” Onew nods and went out from the studio.  It’s already half past 8 at night and the 3 of them had been planning on their schedule tomorrow.  They are going to dance with all of the dancers and choose those whom they feel comfortable with.

            Key was laying on Jonghyun’s lap as Jonghyun Key’s hair while humming some tunes he wrote yesterday.  Taemin decided to ignore them and went to gulp down some ice cold water.  He took his cup and sat at near the speaker as his phone is plug onto it.  Suddenly, his song stop for a second and continued.  Taemin glanced at his phone and notice that Kai had just miss called him.  Taemin stood up immediately, almost spilling his cup of water and unplugged his phone.  Taemin pressed the call button and after a few rings, the call is connected.

K- ‘Hi Taemin…’

T- ‘Kai! Annyeong!”

K- ‘So erm, how are you?’

Taemin sat down on the floor and crossed his legs.

T- ‘I’m fine!  How about you?’

Kai smiled as he heard Taemin’s bubbly voice.

K- ‘Well, I’m okay I guess.’

T- ‘That’s good.’

K- ‘Yeah I guess so…’

T- ‘Hmm…’

          Kai looked at Chen frantically as he doesn’t know what to say next.  Chen stared back at Kai and quickly tell Kai to ask what Taemin is doing now.

K- ‘So, what are you doing now?’

T- ‘I’m at the studio with my hyungs.  We’re going to dance later because I’m waiting for my manag…erm, hyung to buy my drinks back.  You?

K- Ah…I’m eating dinner with my smelly hyung.  Yah! Hyung! ……

          Chen punched Kai’s arm and snatched his phone.  “You bastard.”

C- Hi Taemin, I’m Kai’s hyung, Chen and I’m not smelly.

           Taemin laughed out loud after he heard Kai yelling Chen to stop.  Jonghyun and Key looked at their laughing maknae and gesture Taemin to come.  After Taemin crawled over to them, Key mouthed Kai and Taemin nodded.  Jonghyun shrugged and continue to play with Key’s hair.

K- ‘Phew, sorry Taemin.  My hyung is a bit violent.’

            Kai immediately forgot about the pain Chen inflicted on him when he heard Taemin’s sudden burst of laughter.  A smile creeped onto Kai’s face without himself knowing.  Chen, whom was beside Kai laughed loudly making Kai embarrass.

T- ‘You guys are so cute!’

            Taemin practically squealed and laugh at the same time.  Kai blushed a little bit more. ‘You’re so much cuter.’ Of course Kai didn’t blurted that sentence out.

K- ‘No no no! Chen is so not cute.’

            Kai smiled when Taemin laugh again.  ‘Oh gosh, I’ll never get enough of his laughter.’

T- ‘You’re so mean Kai! And I got to go, I’ll text you later okay?’

K- ‘Oh yeah okay sure.’

T- ‘Bye Kai.’

K- ‘Bye Taem…’

            Taemin ended the call before Kai could complete his sentences.  “And he’s gone.” Kai sighed again and put away his phone.  Chen looked at him with a cheeky expression, making Kai backed away a tiny bit.  “Oh Kai, you are falling way too deep.” Kai looked away and laugh dryly. “Too deep huh…” Chen shook his head and ruffled Kai’s hair. “Everything will be fine, just take it slow.”  Kai nods. ‘Hell, I don’t think Taemin is gay at all. .’

            The reason of Taemin ending the call is because Onew is back.  Well, to be more precise, Taemin’s favourite drink is here.  “There you go Taemin.” Onew handed out Taemin’s drink to him and Key’s drink to Key.  “Oh and before you all start, I want you guys to look at this video and tell me what you think about it.”  The three of them nodded their head in unison and sat comfortably.  Onew set up his laptop and show them the video he just downloaded this afternoon.

            The video shows a group of people dancing to their songs.  “These are all the back-up dancers that are chosen by Minho.  I’m showing you this so you can get a gist of who you will be meeting tomorrow.” The three of them nodded and after watching finished the 10 minutes video, they started discussing.  “I like this black shirt guy.” “I think this one is good.” Jonghyun points to another dancer that caught his eyes.  Key just hums and scrolled through all the dancers’ profile that is shown.  “Let’s see what will happen tomorrow then.”

            “Okay, the three of you should start your practice now.  I have something I need to check and I’ll come back after I’m done.” Onew shut down the laptop and checked the time.  The three guys nodded and stood up.  Thus, their practice continued throughout the night.  On the other hand, Onew sat down at the private office room in the studio and opened up the link that was send by Minho via email.  After watching a few videos that was created by that user, Onew can understand why Minho wants this particular dancer into the company.  Immediately without a second thought, Onew private message the guy half praying that he will reply. 

            ‘ Hi there KJIKai.  Let’s skip the formality because I’m going straight to the point.  I am Lee Jin Ki, a manager from the company of SM Entertaiment and I saw some videos of your dance.  I must say you are indeed a very talented guy and I would want to meet up with you to discuss about your future.  I have provided links about the company down below and I hope you’ll contact me soon.  Thank you.’ 

            Onew send the message after attaching the website of the company.  Onew then go through all the necessary preparations about SHINee upcoming world tour.  Just like that, two hours had passed and it’s now 11 at night.  Onew glanced at the one way see through glass and saw that SHINee are still practicing hard.  He smiled as he knows that without even monitoring them, they wouldn’t be lazy.  ‘Well, their hard works are what made them successful.’  Just then, a notification popped up.  Onew returned his attention back to his laptop and saw that KJIKai replied.

            ‘Hello Mr Lee, my name is Kim Jong In.  I have browsed through the link you have given and it is indeed a good company.  It’s very near to where I stay so I do know about it but I’m not interested in joining it.  I’m just a regular guy and my interest is only dancing, not singing.  But thank you for your offer and I’m sorry.’

            Onew sighed and quickly replied him back.

            ‘Well Kim Jong In, let us meet up tomorrow morning.  You’ve said that the company is near to where you stay, how about we meet up at the Starbucks near it.  I’ll be there at 8am sharp and will wait until you arrived.  I’ll bring along a letter so that you can excuse yourself from school for the whole day.  I have a good plan to offer you, a plan where singing isn’t necessary so I do hope that you’ll think about it as this offer doesn’t come often.  Till then.’

            Onew knows that he had to bet on this as the other party already declined him.  It’s not like the company is desperate of having him but that boy has talent.  A talent that will be wasted if it’s not polished.  Onew shut down his laptop and went outside to the studio.  The members are now practicing their live singing with their hardcore dance.  Onew glanced at the time and it’s half past eleven.  “Okay guys, it’s time to rest.  Jonghyun, go and get ready.  We’re going to grab a quick snack before you go to the radio station.”

            Jonghyun nodded and went to the bathroom to shower.  Key and Taemin gulped down a mouthful of water and changed their clothes.  After Jonghyun finished showering, all of them went into their van.  They stopped by a nearby street stall and ordered some nice hot rice cakes.  “All of you can sleep in tomorrow, I’ll picked you guys up around 1pm okay?” All three of them nodded as they know that Onew is always busier than them.  When they reached the entrance of the radio station, Jonghyun ruffled Taemin’s hair, kissed Key on the cheek and went out with Onew to the radio station as there are fans outside.

            When Taemin and Key reached back to their dorm, Key allowed Taemin to use the bathroom first because he knows that he’s going to stay in there for at least an hour.  After a warm shower, Taemin went to his room and took out his phone.  He then texted Kai.

T- Hey Kai! I just reached home.  Are you asleep? Zzzz

K- Hi Taemin!  You just reached home?! It’s so late already…

T- Yea, was dancing with my hyungs.

K- Hmm…do you dance every day?

T- Well, it’s kindda like my job…

K- Oh? Are you a dance instructor? O.o

T- Not really…=/

K- Okay, I won’t ask you any further.  Don’t worry.  So, are you going back to Infinitiz??

T- I was there just now! HAHA! I think I’ll be stuck at that studio for a while. =D

K- Really? I didn’t see you there? Why stuck?

T- Well, the studio I always used was flooded so we’ll be using the Infinitiz studio for a while.

K- Ah…so that’s why.  Maybe we’ll be able to meet up.

T- Ofcos! Can’t wait to dance with you again! Hehe

K- Alright alright! Anyways, I have to go to sleep now. Talk to you tomorrow?

T- Okayss, Buh bye Kai Kai ^^

K- Goodnight Taemin =)