Looking at him

The way you move

 

            Monday was dreadful like every other weekdays.  Kai rubbed his hand together to create some heat in between as he walked down the almost empty street with his extra-large brown hoodie.  He just finished one of his work at a local bookstore and is now heading to his other job just down the street.

            As you can see, Kai isn’t all that wealthy.  He had been juggling through multiple jobs just so that he can afford the school fee and all his living expenses.  He never really cared about how other people will think about him being an orphan as he only focused on one thing and one thing only which is dancing.

            Kai snuggled more into his hoodie as he walked through the door.  It was almost 5 in the evening and the dance lesson is coming to an end.  No, Kai isn’t going to attend the lesson, he doesn’t have enough money and luxury to pay for it.  He’s there to work, to help clean up the place.

            “Hey there Kai.” Minho greeted Kai with a warm smile.  Minho is the owner of this huge dance studio, Infinitiz.  Minho is a very successful business man, as well as producer in the entertainment industry.  His company had scouted many talented artist all around the world and every artist that he deems perfect will be successful worldwide.

            This studio Infinitiz is one of the many studio he owns but Infinitiz is the only studio that he allowed outside dancers to come.  Some dancers come here to dance daily just so they will have a chance to be scouted by Minho.  Kai smiled and greeted Minho back.  Kai remembered how he took this job just by chance when he saw that they need a new cleaner and Minho will prefer it if it’s a guy as women tends to not work and stick at him.

            After the dance lessons finish, Kai started to clean up the place.  As the place has auto lock, Minho trust Kai enough to not steal anything and left to his next appointment as he just stopped by to talk to the dance teacher.  Kai went over the speaker and plug in his phone.  He randomly select one of the songs that were in the playlist and started his job.

            Kai danced along with the music played as he mopped the floor, wiped the mirror and washed the washroom.  This job is his favourite one as Minho allowed him to have the dance studio all to himself with 2 conditions.  First one is that he could not neglect his job and secondly no staying over.

            After everything is done, Kai glanced at the clock and it’s almost 6pm.  “It’s time to dance!” Kai punched his fist into the air and started warming up.  As Kai was stretching, the door suddenly slides open.  A black hair guy came in and when he saw Kai, he got startled as he didn’t expect anyone to be here.

            Kai got up and eyed at the guy suspiciously.  Kai noticed that despite the intruder wearing baggy clothing, his body beneath seems well-built.  When their eyes meet, Kai took a breath in.  He didn’t know a guy can look so well, ethereal.  His dark black eyes glitters like the midnight sky, so beautiful.  His sharp nose as well as his plump lips and his sharp jawline.

            Kai didn’t know he was checking the intruder out until a cough was heard, interrupting Kai’s fantasy.  Kai looked away quickly as he felt his face heat up a little bit but immediately he said “I’m sorry, but this place is close for the day.  Please come back tomorrow.”  The intruder looked at Kai in shocked and disbelief.

            “Do you not know me?” The intruder deep voice asked.  Kai glanced at the beautiful being in front once again and shook his head.  The stranger nodded in amusement and took out his right hand “I’m Taemin by the way.” Kai shook Taemin’s hand reluctantly.  “Kai, I work here.  And you?”

            “You still don’t know?” Taemin asked it ridiculously yet amazed at the same time.  Taemin couldn’t believe that they are still people that doesn’t know him.  Taemin is the maknae from the group named SHINee which has 2 other members, Jonghyun and Key.  They debuted a year ago and their fame skyrocketed right after they released their album, ODD.

            SHINee was known worldwide and all their songs top every musical charts.  Even before they have their own tour, they already earn more than enough with all the album sales for a few decades with a few more to spare.  Yet, there is this charming looking guy in front of him whom is clueless of who Taemin is.

            “I’m related to Minho, the owner here.” Taemin waved his hand in the air to indicate the whole studio.  Kai eyed Taemin which made Taemin to pout.  “I’m not lying.” Taemin said as he pouts.  Well he didn’t technically lie, Taemin is somehow related to Minho as Minho is their company boss.  So no lying there.

            “Then you won’t mind if I call him?” Kai asked as he reached over to his phone which is near the speaker.  Taemin just nods and allowed Kai to call.  After a few rings, Minho picked up.  “Yes Kai?” “Oh erm Minho, there’s a guy here claiming that you guys are related.  His name is Taemin.” There was a slight pause before Minho chuckled was heard “I guess we are related then.”  Kai didn’t understand why Minho thinks this is funny but either way Kai continued.

            “So I can let him in to the studio?” Minho laughed out loud “Gosh Kai yes he can go in and FYI, he’s a VVIP there.” Kai eyes widen immediately and rambled on “Minho you should have told me earlier omg I got to go, I’ll apologize to him first!” With that, Kai hung up.  He turned to Taemin and bowed “I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you are a VVIP here.”

            “Nah its fine.” Taemin smiled and glanced at the tan boy in front of him.  Kai was casting his eyes down as he felt embarrassed for not noticing an important figure.  Taemin frowned at Kai’s shy attitude but ignored it as he walked pass him and to the middle of the dance studio.

            “Erm Kai?” Taemin spoke as he look at the reflection of Kai’s back.  Kai flinched a bit but turned around making eye contact with Taemin from the mirror.  Kai eyes went wide and quickly he bowed “Oh don’t mind me, I’ll go out now.”  Kai thought that Taemin called out to him to tell him that Kai is invading Taemin’s personal space.

            Taemin frowned once again and quickly shook his head before Kai dashed out from the studio.  “It’s fine.  Do you dance?” Taemin asked as he stretched his arm.  “Just a little bit I guess, I’m not good.  It’s just my hobby.” Kai answered as he smiled timidly.  “Oh really?!” Taemin exclaimed cheerfully as he gestured Kai to stand at his side.

            Kai immediately shook his head as he never ever show anybody that he can dance.  Taemin pursed his lips and went over, grabbed Kai’s wrist and dragged him to the middle.  “Dance with me please.”  Taemin’s face was just a few inch away from Kai as he pouted.  Kai’s knee nearly got weak when he stares into Taemin’s beautiful eyes.

            “I…err…okay.” Kai gave in and Taemin’s face bright up right away.  Kai blushed a bit when he saw Taemin’s eye smile.  Taemin quickly let go of Kai’s hand and went to the speaker to plug in his phone.  “Any song preference?” Taemin asked with his back faced Kai as he scrolled his song list.

            “Not really.” Kai muttered and Taemin nodded.