Monday ain't that blue

The way you move

           Taemin put on one of SHINee’s song named View and glanced at Kai, wondering if this shy guy in front of him know the song.  Kai bobbed his head with the rhythm “Oh this is a nice song.  I’ve heard it from the radio a few time, nice tempo.” Kai murmured and closed his eyes as he let the music lead him.  Taemin looked at Kai in awe as Kai’s body moved fluidly with the beat.

            At Taemin’s part of the song, Kai actually opened his eyes and smiled when his eyes and Taemin’s met.  Kai himself is surprise that he feels fine dancing in front of the paler looking boy, he feels confident.  He never did felt this before as Kai has stage fright, a terrible one.  When the music ends, a loud clap was heard and Kai found a smiling Taemin looking back at him.

            Kai blushed a bit but nonetheless, he smiles back.  “Omg I love your dance!  How is that ‘just a little bit’?” Taemin exclaimed as he quoted Kai’s words.  Kai shrugged “Music just speaks to me.” “I can see that.” Taemin arched his eyebrow as he walked towards Kai with a playful smile plastered on his face.

            Kai backed away as he looked at Taemin curiously.  “Dance with me.” Taemin grabbed Kai’s hand and put it at Taemin’s waist as Taemin placed his hand at Kai’s shoulder.  Kai was shocked at Taemin’s bold move as Kai never had such a close body contact with anyone before.  Taemin smiled sweetly at Kai as he hold Kai’s other hand into his.

            Kai didn’t know what to do as he stood awkwardly holding Taemin.  He could feel Taemin’s slim waist under his as heat radiates from him to his palm.  Kai hoped that his hand that were holding on to Taemin’s palm isn’t sweaty.  Before Kai could take his hand off Taemin, a slow gentle tempo surrounds the studio.

            Taemin closed his eyes momentarily and leaned towards Kai a little bit more as he inhaled Kai’s body scent which relaxed him.  Taemin didn’t know why he feels attracted to this taller guy.  Usually Taemin is socially awkward and his hyungs would not believe it even if Taemin told them he approached Kai first.

            Taemin was bracing himself just in case Kai pushed him away but his breath hitched when Kai squeezed his waist gently.  Taemin glanced up at Kai and saw that Kai is looking at him, smiling warmly.  Just then, Kai started leading Taemin, both of them swirled with the music and never did they expect their moves to fit one another perfectly.

            When the music ends, both of them stared at one another.  “That was so…” “Magical…” Kai finished Taemin’s sentence as he slowly released Taemin.  Taemin reluctantly stepped back and before he could say anything else, a ringing tone interrupted him.  “Ah that’s mine, sorry.” Taemin mumbled as he rushed toward where his phone is.

            “Hi…” Taemin picked it up before looking at the caller ID.  “Taeminnie, where are you?” Taemin glanced at Kai and turned away. “I’m already at Infinitiz hyung.”  A gentle voice replied back “That’s good then, we’ll all be reaching there in 10.” “Okay Onew hyung.”  After Taemin hang up, he looked at Kai “My hyung will be coming, do you want to join us?”

            Even if Kai really want to say yes, he can see that in Taemin’s eyes that he himself isn’t sure if Kai could stay.  Thus, Kai decided to decline “Ah…I don’t think I should stay.” Kai quickly continue when he saw Taemin’s disappointed look “Plus I have some things I need to do.”  Taemin nodded as he pursed his lips.

            Kai sighed and started packing up his stuff, not knowing what to say.  Kai glanced and notice that Taemin was scrolling through his phone aimlessly and for once in Kai’s life, he wants to stay.  Taemin on the other hand was trying his very best to look fine as his hyungs always saying that his expression shows what his mood is.

            “So erm… bye.” Kai said softly when he walked towards the door.  Taemin eyes met Kai’s and smiled back.  “Yea, I guess so. Bye.”  Kai frowned as Taemin’s smile was kind of strained as it didn’t reach his eyes.  “Do you like...ah never mind.” Kai stopped his sentences which made Taemin cocked his head to one side looking at him curiously.

            “Kai? Just ask me.” Taemin encourage Kai as he walked towards him.  Kai looked at Taemin shyly and quickly blurted out “Do you like want to exchange number with me?  I mean if you don’t mind you know to exchange it with me so we can keep in touch and I should stop blabbering.  Sorry.”  Taemin smiled the brightest smile Kai could ever see and nodded immediately.

            Kai handed his phone to Taemin as Taemin typed in his phone number, smiling widely.  Kai chuckled as he saw Taemin called his own phone number and save Kai’s number in.  “There you go!” Taemin gave Kai’s phone back and continued “Text me okay?” Kai ruffled Taemin’s hair which in return made Taemin pout.  “I’ll see first.” Kai teased Taemin and went out from the studio, smiling when he heard Taemin’s laughing loudly.

            Kai looked at his phone and shook his head laughing as he saw that Taemin actually set his own name as ‘Taemin namja’.  Kai put his phone back into his pocket and think to himself that Taemin is more a cutie than a namja but oh well at least he got Taemin’s number.  Kai looked up at the night sky and back to the studio “I guess Monday ain’t that blue huh.” As he saw Taemin waving at him smiling broadly.