It's been a while

The way you move

           After Kai went out from the studio, Taemin rushed to the window and waved goodbye to Kai.  Taemin smiled to himself as he saw Kai’s number saved into his phone.  He plucked his phone back to the speaker and replayed the song that they just dance together.  The song was actually a song from SHINee’s album called ‘An Ode To You’, just in piano version.  Taemin actually stumbled upon a talented pianist that plays k-pop songs and immediately he loved the cover after he heard it. 

            As a pianist himself, Taemin could feel the talent and emotion from that piece and he swiftly downloaded it into his phone.  Now that song is in his most listened to list.  Taemin’s closed his eyes and swayed with the music played, imagining himself dancing with Kai.  A smile appeared on his face without himself knowing as he remembered how nervous Kai was.

            It’s been a while where people treat him as someone normal, where they don’t shove camera into his face just for some juicy gossip.  It’s been a while where he can just be himself in front of a total stranger.  It’s been a while where he could just exchange number with a real made friend that doesn’t want him number just because he is famous.  It surely is been a while that he let someone else to lead him in a dance.  Those feelings are just indescribable.  These feelings made him smile.

            When the song finished, Taemin opened his eyes and saw that his hyungs were near the door looking at him in awe.  Taemin walked over to the speaker and lowered down the music as 3 guys walked to him.  “Why don’t you guys just tell me that you’re here?” Taemin asked.  “Ah Taeminnie, we didn’t want to disturb you.  It seems like you were really enjoying yourself.” Key said as he put down his bag on the counter.

            “Yea I guess I was…” Taemin muttered and smile once again, making Key to raise his eyebrows.  Key looked at Jonghyun who shrugged and Onew who shook his head.  “So why are we using this studio?” Taemin asked as they have their own personal dance studio.  “Ah, our studio was flooded.  One of the pipe leaked and well here we are.” Onew, SHINee’s manager said as he shook his head. 

 

 

             Taemin nodded and abruptly said “Anyways, let’s start the practice first.” as he wanted to go back earlier to rest.  He had a full day schedule today as well as tomorrow for some photoshoot.  The hyungs agreed and decided to start stretching.  The practice ended in 3 hours and now all 3 of them are covered with sweat.  Taemin lied down on the floor, panting hard as he was the main dancer, which means more moves that need to be perfected. 

             Jonghyun was leaning on a wall gulping down the whole bottle of water while Key sat next to Taemin, wiping away his sweat that is dripping down fast.  SHINee is going to have their first world tour next month and the 3 of them would not want to disappoint their fans expectation thus here they are.  For them, practising real live singing with their complicated dance moves is a must so that they will have enough stamina on stage.

             It is past 11 at night now and Taemin had to be up at 6 in the morning while Jonghyun had to quickly shower and rushed to his next schedule which is at midnight as a radio DJ called Blue Night.  On the other hand, Key had to rest well to do well in his mc at Mcountdown and his musical during the night.  Even with all these busy schedule, they still need to find time to squeeze in their rehearsal as well as practices.

             Onew looked at the time which shows 11:25pm “Jonghyun, gotta go now.” Even though Onew adores SHINee’s members like his own brothers as his age is just 5 years older than them, he can’t just let them rest when time is running.  This is the life they choose so as the manager, all he can do is to push them from behind and encourages them.  In his eyes, SHINee do shine the brightest when they’re on stage doing what they love.

             Jonghyun clasped onto Onew’s hand and stood up.  “5 minutes.” Onew said with a tender smile as he gave Jonghyun’s back a pat to push him forward.  Jonghyun smiled back and rushed to take a shower.  Onew then turned to Key and Taemin “Okay you two, I’ll be back in less than an hour with some snacks.”  Key and Taemin nodded as Onew handed them each a bottle filled with water.

             After bidding farewell to Onew and Jonghyun, Key decided to finally ask Taemin “So, what happen?”  Taemin looked at Key blankly but when the question finally set in, Taemin sighed “That obvious?”  Key chuckled and nodded his head.  Taemin joined in Key’s laugh and shifted his body so that his head lied on Key’s lap.  Key swiped Taemin’s sweaty fringe away from his forehead and gestured him to start what he needs to.

             “Well after I finished my photoshoot today, I came here and there’s a guy here.  When I talked to him, he doesn’t know who I am!  Even after I played our hit song View!  Plus, he even danced to our song with his own style and it was so nice.  So I suddenly went up to him and ask him to dance with me, like what you and Jonghyun hyung do.” Taemin blabbered on excitedly while Key Taemin’s hair.  “Wait, you mean like holding each other, that kind of dance?!” Key asked in shocked.

              Taemin nodded his head and continued “Yea!  The one Jonghyun hyung and hyung dance.  Why?  Is that bad?” Taemin looked up to meet Key’s eyes and asked.  Key shook his head and asked Taemin to continue.  Taemin excitedly continued “Then well he lead me well?  I just wanted to but suddenly he smiled and then we danced.  It was the most amazing feeling ever!” Taemin closed his eyes and thought back how Kai confidently smiled at him and lead him in the dance. 

              “So it was like that huh.  How old is he?” Key asked.  Taemin opened his eyes and thought for a while “I’m not sure but I think around my age?” Key nodded and smiled at Taemin.  Key is just happy that Taemin is enjoying himself as Key personally think that Taemin debuted a bit too early.  Taemin didn’t had the experience of being a normal teenager, to have normal friends, to fall in love, none of that.  Taemin had been training at the age of 10 and debuted at the age of 15.  Now he’s just a 16 years old with no freedom.  After the two of them rested for a while longer, they continued their practice.