I'm scared

The way you move

            “I’m back!” Kai said as he took off his shoes and put it on the shoe rack near the front door.  “Welcome back Jongin.” A sweet voice rang from the kitchen.  Kai slightly smile as he strolled towards where the voice is.  There he saw Hyora’s back facing him while she washed the dishes that is piled up at the sink.

            “Are you hungry Jongin? There’s still warm chicken porridge there.” Hyora pointed towards the pot on the stove with her finger that is covered by bubbles.  Kai took off his brown hoodie, hang it at the back of the dining chair and walked to her side.  “Let me help you first noona.”

            Before Kai could do anything, Hyora smacked his hand away “No Kai, go eat first.  I know you’re hungry.”  Kai sighed but grinned “You know me well noona.” Hyora laughed and shooed him off.  Kai jogged to the stove and filled up the empty bowl next to it with chicken porridge.  “Get me one too!” before Kai could close the lid of the pot, Chen requested as he walked into the kitchen.

            “Take it yourself lazy bum.” Kai closed the lid just to annoy Chen.  Chen huffed out and swatted Kai’s bum. “.” “Hey!  I’m holding fragile stuff here!” Kai argued as he nearly spilled the porridge.  “You asked for it.” Chen shrugged as he scooped a huge portion of porridge into his bowl.  “How about you Hyora?” Chen asked Hyora whom is drying the plates.

            “Nah, I just ate plus I have a ton of assignments to do.” Hyora declined and sighed.  Chen nodded and sat down opposite Kai whom is digging not so gracefully into his food.  In the orphanage, Chen is the oldest orphan followed by Hyora then Kai.  Chen is 17 years old while the other 2 is a year younger than him.  As they are old enough, they have more responsibility than the younger orphans.  Chores like cooking and cleaning are mostly done by them.

            While Chen was scrolling through his phone, Kai thoughts wondered back to the mysterious beautiful boy that he met just now.  He remembered how their dance seems to fit into one another.  How Taemin smoothly followed his lead and gosh Taemin’s eyes, someone can drown in them.  Kai smiled as he remembered how the way music seems to speak to both of them and how Taemin smiled up to him as he hold Taemin’s warm body in his embrace.

            “I wonder how his plump lips feels…” Kai immediately blushed as he thought of the impossible.  “Hey Kai, why are you smiling and blushing by yourself?  Did something happen?” Chen smirked as he raised his brow in question.  “Ah, it’s nothing hyung.”  Kai looked away from Chen’s eyes and back to his porridge.

            “I don’t believe you Kai.  So who’s the lucky girl?” Chen wiggled his eyebrows in amusement.  “No no, it’s nothing like that…” Kai tried his best to hid his embarrassment but failed terribly when Chen laughed out loudly.  “You know you at lying right Kai?” Chen said as he teased Kai more.  Kai mumbled but didn’t reply to Chen’s question as he knows well that he in lying.

            “Come on now, you can tell hyung.” Chen encourages Kai with a tint of cheekiness in his voice.  Kai ate him porridge and still refused to say anything.  “What will Chen hyung think of me if he knows that it’s a guy whom I’m thinking of.  He’ll laugh for sure.” Kai thought and smiled bitterly at Chen whose face is filled with confusion.  “Hey…I won’t force you to say anything.  Don’t worry.” Chen said hurriedly with worried in his voice.

            Kai felt bad when Chen suddenly becomes quiet but he didn’t know what to say.  After eating together in awkward silence, Chen stood up “I guess I’ll return to the room first.” He mumbled as he went to wash his bowl.  Kai didn’t dare to look up as he is afraid that he had disappointed his hyung.  When Chen left the kitchen, Kai slumped down into his chair and ruffled his hair in frustration.

            Kai wanted to tell Chen everything but he’s scared of the reaction Chen is going to give.  What if Chen decided to stay away from him?  What if Chen decided that he’s gross?  Kai didn’t want to know what Chen’s reaction is.  Chen is his one and only hyung whom he can rely on even if they’re not blood related.  He’s scared that Kai will laugh at him or worst, left him alone.

            Kai didn’t want to face the music now, not so soon.  Even when his bowl of porridge is already empty, he didn’t want to wash it now.  Not when he knows that Chen is there in the room.  Kai shook his head as this is the first time Kai didn’t like that he’s staying in the same room with Chen.

            Sitting at the dining table for who knows how long, Kai finally decided to go up.  Kai stopped in front of Chen and his’ room and took a deep breath.  He knows that he had hurt Chen when the both of them promised not to keep secret from one another.  Kai turned the door knob and peeped in.  Kai released the breath he was holding as the room’s light is already off, which means Chen is asleep.

            Kai went in and take some clothes and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower.  After the shower, Kai slipped into his bed, just wearing his boxers and tried his hardest to fall asleep.  Kai shut his eyes and his mind drifted back to today’s evening and all the event that happened after that.  He sighed and finally decided not to think about it as he need to wake up early tomorrow.