eight

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8, 

My eyes fly open in the middle of the night and my hearts racing. I sit up straight and run a hand through my hair. I sit up looking around the room, something felt off.

 

A bead of sweat drops down my face. I glance over at Taehyung's bed and I hear his light snores.

 

Once my breathing returns to normal I lie back down. I wipe the sweat of my forehead and moisten my lips with my tongue. It almost felt as if someone else was in the room with me, well other that Taehyung.

 

Just go back to sleep, Miran.

 

Finally after what seems like forever I fall back asleep but it feels like minutes later I'm being awoken by my alarm going off on my phone.

 

Taehyung was surprisingly already up and dressed. "Am I dreaming? Kim Taehyung is out of bed before me?"

 

He laughs. "Yeah well I had to pack that damn suit into the car and make sure it didn't wrinkle." 

 

I roll my eyes but smirk at him. "You ready for tonight?"

 

"I guess."

 

--

 

Once we arrive at Mr. Lee's mansion he lets us in at the back door and sneaks us up into one of the guest bedrooms.

 

"Thanks for coming guys! It means a lot."

 

"Well it's not like we're doing this for free." Namjoon chuckles and I slap him across the arm.

 

"True I am paying a lot but it's for a good cause." He sighs. "The party starts at six tonight. Might I ask what your name's are?"

 

"I'm Lee Jiyoung." I answer with my fake name.

 

"I'll be attending as Byun Baekhyun." Taehyung bows.

 

"I don't have a name." Namjoon states. I give him an odd look. "Well I do but it's not of importance."

 

Mr. Lee nods and takes off. We all three take the time to tap into the cameras and get dressed in our attire for tonight. We wire ourselves with devices so we can speak to one another during the night.

 

Around 5:30 Taehyung left so he could arrive from the front and then I headed down to find the rest of the staff for this evening.

 

"Hey servant, what the hell are you doing walking around? Get into the kitchen and start pulling the trays of food out." A woman growls. I recognized her as Choi Yejin, Mr. Lee's secretary. I nod and bow quickly.

 

"I'm sorry ma'am. I just got lost." I sigh sheepishly.

 

I head into the kitchen and almost every single one of the staff rolls their eyes at me.

 

"Hey you! What's your name? You're our newest recruit aren't you?" A guy speaks up.

 

"Yeah, I'm Lee Jiyoung." I answer bowing towards him.

 

"Get your in gear and start serving drinks. I don't have time for slow people like you. I'm not being fired because of you." He growls. I take a deep breath and hold in my anger. It's only for tonight Miran, you can do this.

 

I nod towards him and grab a tray heading out into the ballroom. My eyes widen at all the guests, I wonder if Taehyung's here yet?

 

"Miran you should stick close to Mr. Lee. But don't make it obvious." Namjoon spoke into the clear earpiece in my ear.

 

"Okay." I answer.

 

I walk towards the head table only to be stopped by Yejin. "I'll serve him the drinks. Now go serve someone else." She grabs a wine glass off of my tray and sits it down in front of him.

 

I take another deep breath. I don't even know this girl and I already want to strangle her. I move on to the table beside Mr. Lee's. I deliver drinks to those who want them and turn around.

 

"Ah, Mr. Byun. I'm glad to see you could make it." I heard Yejin's voice. My head whips in her direction and I see Taehyung talking with her. I saw a couple of women with their eyes on him.

 

They need to back off.

 

I move to the table beside the one I was at and deliver more drinks. Taehyung suddenly passes me by and he offers me a small smile before walking on to his table. Which just so happened to be filled with beautiful rich women. There were four of them and three men including Taehyung.

 

I head back to the kitchen and grab another tray and head back out to serve more tables. My eyes move towards Taehyung's table once again and I saw that two of the women had scooted closer to him. I felt anger boil in my chest at the sight of them being so close.

 

Damn, do I like him or something? It's almost as if I'm jealous right now? No I can't be? I don't like him like that. I mean this is Kim Taehyung we're talking about.

 

I serve the table next to his before I heard him speak up.

 

"Excuse me Miss but may we have some drinks as well?" He smirks up at me. He was barely even legal for alcohol, he was definitely enjoying this. I scoff to myself before sighing.

 

I move to his table and sit down the tray for them to grab their glasses. One of the men I was standing beside smirks up at me.

 

"My my such a beautiful servant. I might have to buy you from Mr. Lee." He glances behind me at my behind. Suddenly his hand s onto it. My eyes widen and I almost knock the tray onto the floor. He raises an eyebrow and his smirk widens.

 

I smack his hand away and start to walk away. Only for him to yank me back towards him. I let out a low shriek at his tight grip on my wrist. He's so lucky I'm not allowed to be sassy.

 

"Come on now, don't be like that. You're just a servant so you should do what you're told." He winks his lips. This guy was disgusting.

 

A chair is heard screeching across the floor. We both look over towards Taehyung who smiles sheepishly at the guy.

 

"Sorry, what was your name again?" He puts his left hand out for the guy to shake so he has to release my wrist in order to shake his hand. I give Taehyung a thankful look before I take off.

 

"Well that guy was a real sleaze-ball." Namjoon says into my earpiece. I slip into the hall right before the entrance to the kitchen looking around before replying.

 

"He's so lucky I'm not allowed to go off on him. Actually after this events over I'm considering kicking his all the way to Japan and back." I growl gripping my tray tight. 

 

I heard Namjoon laugh. I move into the kitchen to sit my tray down.

 

"I'm moving in to talk to Yejin." Taehyung's voice comes through the earpiece.

 

"Alright I'll be watching." Namjoon says back. "Miran, you just wait it out until she's asked Taehyung if he wants in on Mr. Lee's share."

 

"Okay. I'm going to excuse myself to the restroom then." My underwear as been up my for the last hour, I think it's time I get them out. Not to mention it's so freaking hot out here. I feel like I'm in the desert at the moment.

 

Only when I'm almost to the bathroom I just happened to look over and see two men man-handling Taehyung. I gasp lowly, they held him against a wall and I saw that he wasn't fighting back. He must be acting then.

 

Plus Namjoon hasn't said to move in yet.

 

I go ahead to the restroom and take care of my business. I was straighening out my apron when I hear the door open and I look towards it to see who's entered.

 

"There you are, I've been looking for you." Yejin smiles an eerie smile. "I have a job for you." I wonder what this could be about?

 

I nod and I finish fixing my apron before I turn to follow her. We head upstairs to where the bedrooms were and she points to one telling me to enter. I walk in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter