six

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6,

When we arrive at BTS Jungkook and the others have already returned.

 

"Hey you made it back!" Namjoon grins.

 

"Yeah, she almost got herself killed but we did real well." Taehyung notes.

 

"Hey you were just slow. Had you been faster you would've been right beside me when Sunhee came up behind me."

 

"What was your guy's assignment?" Hoseok asks intrigued suddenly.

 

"We had a drug bust." I reply to which he nods. 

 

"They had a fun one." Jimin sighs. "We had to track down some guy who stole gold from this rich guy. Apparently he knows Seokjin and he hired us to take care of it for him."

 

I nod, not bad. I'm sure they got paid a lot. "What about you guys?"

 

"We had to hunt down an escaped prisoner. He didn't make it far from the prison but he's very lethal. They didn't want people to worry about him being out so they sent us in." Namjoon smiles. "Hoseok was pretty scared of him but he ended up throwing the final punch."

 

"Hey I told you never to tell anyone about that!" Hoseok groans. "Now I look like a sissy!"

 

Yoongi enters our section of the building and bows. "Taehyung, Miran may I speak with you?"

 

I nod and Taehyung follows after me.

 

Once we're in the conference room we notice we aren't alone. That Seokjin was inside as well. He was dressed in a suit as usual.

 

He stood at the head of the table. He looks up whenever we enter and nods towards us.

 

"Congrats on your first assignment Team B." He smiles. "Your mission was to stop the outbreak and you did by catching the ring leader. The drug team from Section Two has went in. They were able to extract all the drugs from the premises."

 

I nod. Taehyung just stares off into space.

 

"I must say that I'm very proud of the short amount of time it took you guys to stop the outbreak. Because of this I am letting you choose your next assignment."

 

Taehyung was suddenly interested and he nods quickly.

 

"Yoongi, would you show them the different files?"  Seokjin smiles towards Yoongi, who moves forward placing four files in front of us.

 

"Look them over for a couple of minutes and then decide. You let Yoongi know of your decision once you're done."

 

Seokjin makes his leave and Yoongi takes his place at the head of the table.

 

Looking down at the files I examined the names:

 

1.) SM Private University Forgery of Grants

 

2.) Reporter Park Byungho Obtains Cheolmin News Company Through Shady Measures

 

3.) Ex-Soldier Cha Jongil Accused of Being A

 

4.) Mysterious Group, Block B Strikes Again. Robs Third Bank This Month!

 

"Which one sounds the best?" Taehyung asks. "Personally I don't feel like going anywhere near a college campus for awhile."

 

"I think the one about Park Byungho sounds like a good one." He nods and I look towards Yoongi who also nods.

 

"Then it's decided. Training starts tomorrow."

 

-Later that night-

 

I sat down at the common room where the trainees hang out. I was waiting for my old friend Jaeho, I wanted to ask him a few questions. One possibly may be about the random texts I've been getting lately. My hands met in my lap as I nervously waited for him to arrive.

 

Suddenly I felt something land on my shoulders. "Boo."

 

I flinch back and quickly turn. "Yah, Kim Jaeho!" I screech slapping him on the arm.

 

His laughs bellows into my ears and I cross my arms. "I see you're still the same Miran."

 

I give him the stink eye before gesturing for him to sit. "So how have things been?" I lean back in my own seat.

 

"Things have been great, I've made it into Section Six, so did Kyungil. Our team is pretty decent. I like everyone. Oh you remember that super smart kid Yijeong?" He lights up speaking about how he's been.

 

I put a finger to my chin trying to remember the guy he was speaking of. "Yijeong?" I question him.

 

"He was the one that was going for Section One, we'd always see him studying when we'd play Sorry. Remember he was the one who yelled at me for being super loud whenever I lost and got mad." He says trying to get me to remember, and I snap my fingers remembering him instantly whenever he brings up the game of Sorry.

 

"Oh yeah, I remember him!" I laugh remembering him scolding Jaeho. "What about him?"

 

"He's in Section Six too." He pouts. "He's always quiet but talks to Kyungil the most out of all of us. I think he hates me."

 

I my head to the side. "Wait why's he in Section Six? I thought he was dead set on Section One?"

 

Jaeho shrugs. "I think BTS saw some potential in him, he's super good at psychological things and that's part of our Section. Section Leader Dokyun treats him like a God."

 

"Hmm." I nod, he did always read books that had to deal with Psychology. "Does Section Six have you split into teams?"

 

He shakes his head no. "No not really we all have our individual specialty and we come together as a group to become one strong team."

 

I nod, I wonder how many members Section Six has? Counting Jaeho, Kyungil, and Yijeong that's three.

 

"So how's Section Four? Is it everything you thought it'd be?" He grins. I glare at him, he was so teasing me.

 

I groan. "Not really. I mean don't get me wrong, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter