sixteen

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16, (just a warning, this chapter is probably horrible. I apologize in advance!)

Jimin and I packed up for our trip to Mr. Park's house that next morning and shortly after we got into the car that BTS prepared for us. Once we were inside Jimin drove us to Mr. Park's house.

 

Upon arriving I curse at myself. "Don't screw this up, Miran!" I pat my hands against my cheeks trying to give myself a decent pep talk.

 

"You coming?" Jimin asks, I noticed he had opened the passenger-side door for me and was waiting for me to get out.

 

I nod, "Yeah sorry."

 

Jimin awkwardly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door, he knocks and a familiar young woman opens the door. It was Aemi.

 

She glances us over. "You must be here for Mr. Park."

 

We both nod and she lets us in. Once we step inside my eyes widen, wow this place was huge. It even put Mr. Lee's from my last mission house to shame.

 

"Mr. Park is in his study, this way please." Aemi smiles innocently. Jimin and I had just finished taking our shoes off whenever she took off. We quickly hurried to catch up with her before she came to a halt in front of a door. But before entering an older woman came out of a door from down the hall.

 

That was Mr. Park's wife, Kim Inha.

 

"Sungoh can you please start my evening bath for me." She says behind her.

 

"Yes ma'am." A voice came from behind her. I fight the smile from forming on my lips, that was Taehyung's voice. Inha continues down the hall but pauses upon seeing us.

 

"Ah, Madam." Aemi greets her with a smug look. "These are Mr. Park's relatives, they are here to stay for the weekend."

 

Inha nods. "I see." She scoffs towards the younger woman. She bows towards us before walking off. I can tell she has a deep grudge against the barely legal girl who stood before me.

 

Suddenly a knock sounds on the wooden door we stood before. Aemi had knocked and let Mr. Park that we were here.

 

After a few seconds Mr. Park opens the door, he seemed a little odd. He didn't open the door up all the way whenever he slipped out. He shut the door quickly behind him and smiled at the both of us.

 

"Hey how are you, son?" He pats Jimin on the shoulder. His eyes linger over me before glancing at Aemi.

 

"I'm good, how are you?" Jimin replies noticing the exchange of glances as well.

 

"I've never been better." He laughs, his eyes again move to me. "And this is?"

 

Jimin makes a tsking sound before slipping an arm around my waist. "This is my fiancee, Seo Mira." I almost deadpan because at how similiar my real and fake name was. Nice one Jimin.

 

Mr. Park smiles towards me, his hand reaching out to grab mine. He shakes it but squeezes it a bit too long. "It's nice to meet you Seo Mira." The way my name rolled off his tongue had me shivering. This was reminding me of my last mission. I slowly pull my hand from his to wrap it back around Jimin. Never had I felt more save around him.

 

Once again we hear the door from down the hall open and my eyes are drawn down there. Taehyung steps out and makes eye contact with me.

 

"Oh Sungoh, come here!" Aemi is suddenly smiling wide as she runs down the hall to grab a hold of Taehyung by the hand to pull him back to where she was standing before. My eyes are drawn to where their hands meet and I felt a burning sensation in my chest. "This is Park Jimin and his fiancee Seo Mira, Jimin is Mr. Park's relative."

 

Taehyung bows. "It's nice to meet you."

 

Jimin bows towards him but I'm still frozen at the placement of their hands. Jimin nudges me and I quickly bow as well.

 

--

 

Later that night I met Taehyung in the kitchen and he glances at me. I came up beside him and glance around making sure no one was around.

 

"Find anything?" I whisper.

 

He sighs, "There's something weird about Mr. Park and Aemi's relationship. I don't feel like it's just betweeen them two, more like some kind of partnership. And not one that deals with feelings." He grabs a towel and starts to mindlessly wipe the counter off. "Also the only person from this household other than himself that has been in his office is Aemi. There's something in there he doesn't want others to see."

 

"Anything else?" I ask him grabbing a drink from the fridge just to busy myself.

 

"There are more women that Nayoung mentioned. I've seen three come into the house whenever Inha isn't around. And the weird thing is Aemi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter