ten

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10,

As I walked into the trainee dining area I slip my phone back into my pocket. I had had a firm grip on it after the text I had received. I finally admitted to myself that I was scared. Scared of whoever was behind these messages.

 

I flinch back whenver I heard footsteps approaching me. But I sigh relieved whenever I see Gyuri, Jaeho, and Kyungil standing before me.

 

"Hey are you okay?" Gyuri asks a worried look on her face. 

 

"Yeah you're face is a little pale." Jaeho comes forward placing a hand on my forehead. "Hmm you don't seem to have a fever." He backs up.

 

I force out a believable laugh. "I'm fine guys, just a little tired."

 

"Sorry we had to meet so late, but this is the only time we are free." Kyungil speaks up for the first time.

 

My eyes wander over to him. "It's been a while, Kyungil. And it's no okay, today was a rough day so I don't think I'd sleep anyways."

 

"Yes it has been a while!" Kyungil laughs coming forward to pull me into a hug.

 

After a second or so Gyuri coughs to interrupt us. "So are you going to introduce us to your section?"

 

Kyungil pulls away and nods. "Of course, come on." He pulls on my arm to pull me after him. Jaeho comes up to my other side slinging an arm over my shoulder. Gyuri slowly came up to walk alongside my other side. I felt bad for her because back during our trainee years she liked Kyungil but he didn't seem to like her in return. And I felt as if both him and Jaeho overlooked her often. I didn't know why but it always hurt me somewhere deep down. I shake my head trying to forget the feeling that always erupts because of these types of situations.

 

After taking the elevator to Section Six's floor we took a left and ended up at the end of a hall where a door similiar to Section Four's housing area was.

 

"Ready?" Jaeho asks to which I nod, Kyungil releases my arm to reach for the door.

 

Jaeho drags me in after Kyungil and I grab onto Gyuri pulling her in after me. Once inside a taller man approaches us.

 

"So this is them?" He smiles.

 

"Yes, this is Miran." Kyungil introduces me.

 

"And I'm Gyuri." She bows.

 

"It's nice to meet you both, I'm Sihyoung." He bows in return. "It's a shame Dokyun couldn't be here to meet you as well. Kyungil and Jaeho talk about you all the time." Sihyoung says looking towards me mainly. I frown, why was everyone paying more attention to me than Gyuri?

 

"Ah really?" I say trying to sound flattered. "Who's Dokyun?"

 

"He's our Section Leader." A voice speaks up from beside Gyuri.

 

I glance his way and see an older Yijeong standing beside her. "Hey Gyuri." He nods towards her.

 

"Hey." She replies.

 

"Oh hey Yijeong!" I wave towards him. He slowly glances at me with a weird look across his face.

 

"Hey, Miran." He bows slightly fixing his glasses when he stands straight again.

 

"How have you been? When Jaeho told me you were in his section I was surprised. I thought you were going for Section One?" I ask him trying to strike up conversation with him. 

 

He nods. "Well I was going for Section One but BTS offered me a position in Section Zero with some other guy but the guy bailed thus the section was eliminated. So Mr. Kim said I'd be best here and didn't give me a choice otherwise." Yijeong shrugs. I awkwardly scratch at the back of my head, that guy he's talking about is Taehyung isn't it? Well this is awkward.

 

"Wah, at least you're in a section!" Gyuri exclaims. "I've failed so many tests that I'm about to give up!" She whines.

 

Yijeong rolls his eyes. "Just keep studying."

 

I laugh. "Maybe you should have Yijeong tutor you?" I gesture towards him.

 

She awkwardly laughs. "He's already tried to, it doesn't help."

 

I laugh but it slowly turns into a yawn. "I'd better get back to my section, I'm exhausted."

 

I lean forward and place a hand on Yijeong's shoulder. His eyes slightly widen at my action as they follow my arm to his shoulder, I saw him gulp. It seemed a bit weird so I quickly pull back and he instantly relaxes.

 

"Sorry he has a germ phobia." Gyuri adds quickly.

 

I nod, well that makes sense. I think I remember him freaking out about this back in the trainee days.

 

"Anyways, Yijeong please try to help her out again." I tell him. "And it was great to see you again!"

 

He nods before turning away running a hand through his hair. I must've really freaked him out. I sigh and turn towards Sihyoung. I bow towards him.

 

"It was nice to meet you as well. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer!" I say as I stand straight again. Suddenly Jaeho's arm is around my shoulder.

 

"I'll walk you back." He says turning us back towards the door.

 

"I'll come to!" Kyungil offers.

 

I slowly come to a stop. "But what about Gyuri?" I ask glancing towards her.

 

"Yijeong can make sure she gets back." Jaeho shrugs before yanking me out the door and towards the elevator.

 

We all three make small talk once we are on my section's floor until Jaeho cracks some joke slinging his arms around the both of us. We all burst out laughing at his words but suddenly he pulls on our shoulders making us come to a halt. Both Kyungil and I make eye contact before glancing at him. He was staring straight ahead.

 

"Hey you look familiar?" Jaeho says to someone. I glance in the direction he was staring and see Taehyung. He was staring straight at me. What was he doing out here? 

 

"Taehyung, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask him letting Jaeho's arm slip off my shoulder.

 

"You never returned to the room so I went looking for you." He replies lowering his head.

 

"Oh Seokjin needed to see me and then I met up with some of my old friends." I smile towards him. "Sorry I should've told you."

 

"Wait a second. Taehyung?" Jaeho puts his finger to his chin thinking. "You're that guy who always used to prank Miran!" He points at him causing Taehyung to glance back up making eye contact with Jaeho. Jaeho laughs, "You had some pretty good pranks up your sleeve."

 

Taehyung laughs. "Thanks."

 

I glance at Kyungil whose jaw was locked as he stared at Taehyung. What's with him?

 

"Anyways guys this is my partner Taehyung. Taehyung this is my friends Jaeho and Kyungil." I introduce them formally.

 

"It's nice to meet you." Jaeho moves forward to shake his hand. Meanwhile Kyungil scoffs. Taehyung glances at him and holds out his hand for him to shake.

 

"Why would I shake your hand?" Kyungil crosses his arms across his chest. "Those pranks back then caused her a lot of trouble, especially that time you used your hair dye to change the color of her clothes. You ruined them, she had to go and buy all new clothes."

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Taehyung suddenly apologizes, but he pulls his hand back to return to his jeans pocket.

 

"Speaking of new clothes, did you get a new sweatshirt?" Jaeho intervenes trying to change the mood of the conversation.

 

I glance down confused, my heart thumps upon seeing Taehyung's white sweatshirt. , I didn't even notice but I had put his sweatshirt on after my shower earlier.

 

I open my mouth to make up some lie whenever Taehyung goes on screwing me over.

 

"That's my sweatshirt." Taehyung says with a shrug.

 

Kyungil glances at me with a face that asks, are you dating or something? While Jaeho smirks giving me a face that says, how come you didn't tell me you were dating?

 

"I had to grab clothes in the dark, I must've grabbed it and didn't notice it was yours." I reply waving it off as a simple misunderstanding. Taehyung snorts a bit at my reply, I send him a glare and he stays quiet.

 

"Anyways I must be getting to bed, I'm super tired!" I move to hug Kyungil and Jaeho goodbye before moving around Taehyung.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter