thirteen

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13,

I stood outside Section Six's door after receiving a text from Kyungil. He asked to meet with me to talk more about Jaeho's death. It had been three days since I found out about how he was getting texts too, three days since Taehyung left on a mission. Was he alright?

 

I step inside and find that Kyungil and Yijeong were sitting on the couch in silence.

 

Once they see that I'm here Kyungil waves me over. I quickly move over to sit beside Yijeong on the couch.

 

"What did you need to speak with me about?" I ask glancing at Yijeong out of the corner of my eye. Kyungil didn't tell him about the texts did he? We didn't need to risk anyone else's lives by letting them know about the unknown person.

 

"Yijeong has agreed to help us prove that Jaeho's death wasn't a suicide." Kyungil recites with a smile.

 

I turn towards Yijeong. "You believe us?"

 

He nods. "Even though Jaeho and I weren't extremely close I still considered him a friend. Plus one of my specialties is studying human behaviors, recognizing behaviors of suicide is like a first language to me. And I didn't notice any signs of Jaeho having suicidal thoughts before his death."

 

I felt myself un-tense. I had been tense since his death, but just knowing that more people realize that Jaeho wasn't the type to do this makes me super relieved.

 

Yijeong speaks up again. "It just wouldn't make sense for someone to commit suicide without a past trauma. From the looks of it he was a very happy guy." He sighs leaning back into the couch. "I mean I could very well be wrong, but usually my assumptions are spot on. That's why I was considered for Section Zero after all."

 

I force myself not to hug him because I know he has a phobia so I settle for slapping my hands together and smiling wide towards him. "Thank you so much, Yijeong! You have no idea how much this means to me."

 

He looks at me oddly before nodding. "You're right I don't understand how much it means to you. I wish I did but I'm not very good with emotions or at making friends. Everything for me has always been hard, it may have been because of my family situation before BTS. I've never experienced being happy or content." He pauses glancing at his lap. "It's always been about being the best, so that maybe my parents would look at me at tell me that I'm doing a good job. I'm hoping that some day I can experience happiness like everyone else."

 

I felt my heart constrict. His situation was kind of like mine. I joined BTS because of my parents, they always told stories about how great it was here. And how some day they'd liked to see me doing exactly what they were doing. So I joined BTS even though deep down my nine year old self wanted to become a teacher. I threw away my life and spent nearly twelve years here. I never got to experience going to a normal high school, hanging out with friends on weekends, doing sports, having a boyfriend, or having a part-time job. All because I wanted to keep my parents happy. I wanted them to think highly of me.

 

I lied to myself on many occasions that I was doing this for myself but I'm not. Although, just because this wasn't something I wanted to do doesn't mean I wasn't happy. Yeah, my life and everyone around was being threatned at this very moment but that didn't mean I regretted it. I had met so many great friends here, and I wouldn't change meeting them for the world.

 

I smile towards Yijeong. "Don't worry you'll experience it one day, I promise."

 

He sends me a sad smile. "I sure hope so."

 

"I should probably head back, if you need anything let me know." I stand and wave goodbye to Kyungil who was in a daze. I my head to the side as I stare at him, was he okay?

 

Yijeong guides me to the door and opens it waiting for me to step out and once I do he follows behind me. I give him an odd look, he gestures for me to stay quiet and then to follow him.

 

So I do and he stops us a ways down the hall. He clears his throat. "If we're right and Jaeho didn't commit suicide we need to be on the lookout for someone who would've killed him."

 

I nod, I keep forgetting that he doesn't know for sure that it wasn't a suicide. I wanted to tell him, but it's best not to let him know. With him gathering information secretly it will be fine. If he can prove that Jaeho didn't commit suicide and come up with some evidence then I can show Seokjin.

 

He sighs looking around quickly making sure no ones around. "I think we should be careful around Kyungil."

 

I blink back confused. "Why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter