twenty-two

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22,

--Miran's POV--

(continues from the end of chapter 20)

 

"Wake up." A voice growls. I felt a hand rest on my arm, my forehead scrunching up at the feeling. Why did I feel so tired and why was my abdomen hurting so much?

 

I slowly let my eyes open and I'm met with a dark room, a ceiling fan on the ceiling was moving slowly making a small draft go around the room.

 

"Finally." The voice from before mutters. I squint, wait where am I exactly?

 

I let my eyes trail down to the hand that rested on my arm before they trailed up the arm to find the face of Yijeong. Once my eyes land on him they widen, everything from before flashed before my eyes and I flinch back only for a sharp pain to jolt up my right side.

 

"I was scared I almost lost you." Yijeong smiles almost innocently, like he hadn't just shot me twice. Like he didn't kill Gyuri in front of me.

 

My left hand grips tightly at the bed sheets underneath me, what happened to Kyungil? Did he make it out? Or did Yijeong kill him too?

 

I was too scared to ask. A part of me hoped he made it out alive and made it back to headquarters but I felt like that was impossible and I didn't want my hopes to get down.

 

I felt Yijeong's arm weave around my back and I tensed up. He slowly sat me up and I remained cautious, he could kill me at any moment.

 

"I bet you're hungry, I'll be right back with some food!" He smiles before patting my head and turning to head out the door. I took this time alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter