twenty-four (latest and final chapter)

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24,

--Miran's POV--

 

Bright lights are what I awaken to the next time I'm concious. I was so confused, how long had I been out? Was I dead?

 

"Oh my god, Miran!" My mom's voice echoes in my ear. The blindly bright light fades and suddenly I'm staring at a white ceiling, my mother's face coming into the lower half of my vision as she leaned over me.

 

So I wasn't dead then?

 

"Mom?" I mumble tears spilling out from the corners of my eyes. Were things really over?

 

My dad is suddenly standing over the other side of me. "Thank god you're okay." He smiles down at me.

 

"What happened? How did I get out?" I ask still confused.

 

"Taehyung and the rest of your section worked their asses off with the help of the information Kyungil provided to find you." My mom explains. "And luckily they were able to."

 

Taehyung. I slowly try to sit up but find I can't totally move as I was still a bit numb.

 

"Just rest honey." My dad says resting a hand on my shoulder.

 

"We have also asked for you to be removed from duty." My mom says quietly almost as if she didn't want me to hear it.

 

I glance towards her. They had? I actually wasn't too upset with that. I didn't really want to be in BTS after all that's happened. It just wasn't for me.

 

-

 

Everyone from BTS had visited me in the hospital at least once but Taehyung. It was weird. I didn't know why he hadn't came in to see me?

 

Seokjin had been the first in to see me to deeply apologize and tell me that they had caught Yijeong and found Gyuri's body. And that Wooyoung hadn't died, she had clung to life just like I had.

 

It wasn't until two weeks after Seokjin's visit that I woke up to a vase of flowers that weren't there before and every three days the flowers in the vase would be replaced with a different set of flowers. When I asked the Nurse about where they kept coming from she said a young man kept bringing them in while I was asleep, that he'd only stay a short five minutes before leaving. I knew then that it had to be Taehyung.

 

I tried forcing myself to stay awake and wait for him the next few times but exhaustion got the better of me. I missed him the next three times.

 

The time after that I heard him come in, place the flowers into the vase and pause near my bed. My eyes remained closed waiting to see what all he'd do. He doesn't do anything and I hear him turn to leave. My eyes fly open, I couldn't just let him leave.

 

"Why haven't you came to see me when I'm awake?" I call out to him, he froze in place two steps from the door. My eyes travel up his broad back to the back of his head. His hair was now his natural black hair and he wore an all black outfit. "Why are you avoiding me?"

 

Taehyung's head lowers towards to the floor but doesn't say anything to me but he also doesn't leave the room. I sit up and slip out of bed, the boot on my right leg touching the floor first. I limp towards him and slowly wrap my arms around him from behind my face resting against his back. His whole body is tense at my touch and it makes me sad. Why was he like this?

 

"Taehyung, talk to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter