twenty

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20,

--Miran's POV--

(back to the end of chapter 18)

 

"Miran, babe." Yijeong sat up from his position beside me on the bed. My eyes were swollen, the tears from earlier had done dried up. "Did you not sleep?"

 

I stayed silent. I should've acted like I was asleep but I didn't want to close my eyes around him in fear of what he'd do to me if I couldn't see him.

 

"Miran." He tugged me into a sitting position. "You're eyes are swollen from not sleeping." His hand moves to cup my cheek my I flinch away from the contact.

 

He sighs scooting to the edge of the bed before standing up. He begins pacing back and forth across the room. Meanwhile I lower my head, my throat still burned from the lack of oxygen earlier. My wrists burned as well, from the tight rope around them.

 

Why was he doing this to me? We weren't even close before this?

 

I glance at him out of the corner of my eye. "Yijeong." I mumbled my throat hurt so bad but I pushed the pain away. My voice drew his attention and he stops pacing to stare at me. "Why'd you bring me here?"

 

He smiled. "So we can finally be alone just the two of us. I love you, Miran and you love me."

 

My stomach churned at his words. "What makes you think I love you?"

 

He plops back down on the bed and my eyes watch him closely waiting to jump away if needed. He leans his head towards me. "You told me, silly."

 

My eyebrows scrunch together. "What?" What was he going on about?

 

He chuckles. "Don't you remember?"

 

I shook my head no. What is he talking about? There was no way I told him I loved him? The only guy other than my father that I've loved has been Taehyung?

 

I must've not been paying attention because I suddenly felt his hand rest on my knee. My skin crawled at his touch but I was against the wall so I couldn't back away. I let my eyes burn through his hand but sadly it didn't move despite how much I wanted it too.

 

His hand rubs at my knee. "It was in the laundry room before that bastard Kyungil interrupted us."

 

Again I was confused. What the hell is he talking about?

 

"You said it right after you told me to smile more." He scooted closer to me and I backed away. He leaned closer around my shoulder that was blocking his way. His hand that rested on my knee moved up my leg resting on my thigh and I felt extremely uncomfortable but I couldn't shove him away. His other hand met with my chin and he pulls my face towards his. He leans closer his eyes focus on my lips.

 

"No!" I force my head away.

 

He huffs. "Miran." He yanks my face back towards his.

 

I quickly think of something to get him to stop. "Yijeong, I'm hungry." I mutter.

 

He pulls away. "Oh, oh my god. I forgot, I bet you are." He stumbles backwards and moves towards the door. "I'll be back!"

 

He steps out the door and I hear the lock being locked shortly after. I bang the back of my head against the concrete wall a couple of times.

 

"Dammit!" I cry out. I managed to get him away this time but what about next time?

 

I tug at the ropes that bound my wrists. "Please!" I say through my gritted teeth. After a few more minutes I gave up. I fall onto my back and stare at the gray ceiling.

 

I could only hope Nayoung handed Jimin my phone. And even then that didn't mean anyone was looking for me. Jimin may overlook my attempt at calling out for help, he may not notice. But even if he did, what could he possibly do? He had no idea it was Yijeong that was behind the texts. Hell he didn't even know Yijeong personally. Even if he somehow found out that Yijeong was behind the texts how would he find me?

 

And if by some miracle he found me and came here all by himself he'd just get himself killed. I was in a hopeless situation.

 

No one was coming to help me.

 

So that meant I'd have to get out of here myself.

 

I force myself into a sitting position to examine the room more closely. Like I mentioned before it was small and gray. There was one vent in the room but it was too small for me to crawl through. I moved closer to it out of curosity, I heard a door close from whatever room it was connected to.

 

"Kyungil, wake up." Gyuri's voice echoes and my eyes widen. Kyungil was in the room next to me. This is a good thing.

 

After Gyuri leaves the room and it falls silent again I glance towards the door and then back towards the vent.

 

"Kyungil?" I mumble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter