one

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1,

I have trained all my life to be apart of a secret agency called, BTS. My mother and father used to be agents here too. In fact that's how they met they were teamed up and sent out on missions together.

 

My father told me it was love at first sight. I wonder if that'll happen for me and my partner? I trained for the same position that my mother had for seven years. So, I can successfully say that I'm one of the best agents out there.

 

Today was the day I'd get to meet my team. I'm in Section Four. According to my parents and the many classes I took over it, Section Four is the section that deals with homicides, , embezzlement, and theft; sometimes all of them together. Section Four was a section with the biggest span of work. The rest of the sections usually had a focus. These were the types of crimes everyone kept secret. Once they became public or too out of hand we would hand them over to the police. We were strictly a secret organization and we liked to keep it that way. Only the government knows of our existence and past members of BTS were sworn to secrecy. But that's just the rules for Section Four.

 

I was a little nervous about being around murderers but I'm sure I'll be okay. I've trained for this for years.

 

I head into the team leaders office and take a deep breath, here goes nothing. The secretary looks up as I approach the counter.

 

"Hello, how may I help you?" She says smiling wide.

 

"Hi, I'm Lee Miran. I'm here to meet with a Mr. Kim Seokjin." I breath out slowly.

 

"Ah, yes. I'll page him and let him know you're here." She looks down at her computer typing away. "Go ahead and get comfortable." She points to a small chair across from her desk.

 

I nod and move to sit down in the chair. I take this time to examine the room and that's when a boy walks into the room heading up to the secretary's desk.

 

"Hi, I'm here to meet with Mr. Kim Seokjin." He speaks up.

 

"What's your name?" The lady speaks up.

 

"Jeon Jungkook." He answers.

 

"Oh yeah you're the youngest person ever to make it into section four." She notes. "He'll be with you soon. For now take a seat."

 

He turns and sees that there's no other seating arrangements in the room. He nods towards me in acknowledgement. How old is this kid? He looks seventeen? Wasn't there an age requirement for this kind of thing?

 

"Hi, are you also going to be in section four?" I speak up as he slid down the wall into a sitting position.

 

"Uh-yeah. I'm apparently the youngest to make it into this section." He smiles. "I'm Jeon Jungkook, I'm twenty."

 

"Twenty? You don't look twenty?" I gasp.

 

He chuckles. "I get that a lot. So, I'm assuming you'll be in section four too?"

 

I nod, "I'm Lee Miran. Twenty-one."

 

He laughs. "You don't look twenty-one. You look eighteen max."

 

"Hey!" I pout. "Actually that's a good thing. Maybe I'll always look young." I fan myself.

 

He again laughs. "You're pretty cool."

 

"Thanks. You are too. Maybe we'll be teamed up together?" I smile. It wasn't love at first sight but maybe once I find out that he's my partner I'll look at him in a different light.

 

"Lee Miran." The secretary calls out. "He's ready for you now." I nod.

 

"Well I'll see you soon, Jungkook." I stand and wave goodbye. The secretary stands and leads me to Kim Seokjin's office door.

 

"Go on in, he's expecting you." She smiles before taking off.

 

I knock on the door just to make sure.

 

"Come in." A voice calls out. 

 

I quickly enter and instead of finding one man there I find two. Both are dressed in black suits, they made me feel unprepared for the occasion. I was in a v-neck and shorts.

 

"Hello there. Miss Lee." The one sitting at the desk waves me into the room.

 

I smile. "You can just call me Miran."

 

"Okay, Miran. I'm Kim Seokjin, this is your section leader, Min Yoongi."

 

I bow towards the both of them. "It's nice to meet you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter