Twenty Two

That Cute Friend

 

 

I went home after lunch the next day. It was awkward at first, sharing a bed with Taeyeon for the first time. But sleep consumes both of us and the first thing I see when I woke up was her side profile. It’s a perfect view and I know I want to wake up to that every morning.  

 

She cooked breakfast as promised and I wanted to go home after that, but she insisted I stay until lunch. We ordered take-outs and just laze around in front of the TV.

 

When I decided to go home, she pouted like a little kid even though we are going to have lunch tomorrow. I never thought Kim Taeyeon could be this clingy but it’s nice to know that she likes me as much as I like her.

 

I come home to a silent apartment. Maybe Yuri is having a class this afternoon. It’s a good thing since she would bombards me with questions ag-

 

“BOO!”

 

I scream my lungs out!

 

Yuri comes into my view and laughs loudly.

 

“Yah!!!!” I hit her shoulder while my other hand clutches my chest.

She’s still laughing while walking to the living room and sitting down at the couch.

 

“Why do you have to do that?!”

“Because your face is priceless!”

“Meanie.” I mumble and walk to my bedroom.

“Hey, wait a second. How’s the ‘unpacking’?” she stands and follows me to my bedroom.

 

I don’t need to look at her to know she has a teasing smile on her face right now.   

 

I put my bag away and Yuri comfortably lying on my bed, “You can answer my question from before now, can’t you?”

I my eyebrow at her, “What question?”

She wiggles her eyebrows, “Is she good in bed?”

Geez! This girl, really.

I turn away from her. I don’t want to share my problem with anyone else. Yes, Yuri is my best friend and I trust her with my life, but it’s between me and Taeyeon.

I open my drawer and answer, “That’s for me to know and for you to never found out.”

She clicks her tongue, “You’re no fun.”

 

I start taking my clothes and Yuri is quiet. I turn to look at her and she’s staring at the ceiling. Suddenly I remember about my talk with Jessica. Should I tell Yuri that Jessica actually likes her too?

 

“How are you and Jessica?”

She lifts her head to throw me a glance before staring at the ceiling again, “I was going to avoid her to make my feelings go away, but she wants more classes instead.” Yuri let out a sigh, “She said she wants to lose more weight and when I asked why, she just shrugged.” She let out a longer sigh this time, “I think she’s crushing on someone.”

 

Omg, this pabo. That someone is you!

 

I take a seat at the foot of my bed.

 

“What if it’s you?”

“Huh?”

“What if Jessica is crushing on you?”     

Yuri looks up at me incredulously, “She doesn’t like girls and I am a girl, Fany-ah.”

“She liked a girl once.”

Yuri just looked at me without saying a word.

 

Uh oh, am I too obvious?! But I didn’t say it directly. Just, be cool, Fany-ah! “What?”

Yuri’s still looking at me and now is narrowing her eyes at me, “You’re so bad at pretending. Tell me what you know!”

 

Oh no. What should I do? Should I just tell her? Jessica didn’t say it’s a secret though. But is it really okay for me to tell Yuri?  

 

Yuri sits up, “You do know something!”

 

Damn it. Oh well, Jessica won’t mind. I’m doing them a favor instead.

 

“Jessica may or may not likes you.”

 

Yuri looks at me, flabbergasted. “Jessica may or may not likes me?”

I nod.

“Tell me the whole story. You’re confusing me.”

 

Argh, this girl can’t figure out herself. So I started telling her my conversation with Jessica yesterday. When I finish, Yuri’s face lit up like Christmas tree on a Christmas Eve. She suddenly leaps and hugs me. I laugh and hug her back.

 

“You’re not trolling me, are you?” she says and breaks the hug.

I roll my eyes at her, “You said I’m bad at pretending.”

She just grins, “You’re good at being honest!”

“Yea, yea, whatever. So are you going to do something about it?”

“Of course! I’m going to do something about it right this minute. Thanks, Fany-ah!”

 

With that she runs out from my room and I just shake my head.

 

*

 

Monday. I have never heard birds chirping and felt the sun shining ever so beautifully on a Monday morning before. It must’ve got to do with Kim Taeyeon. She makes me anticipate Monday. Because I’m going to have lunch with her. Gosh, I could never get enough of her!

 

I got ready for work and go through my routine with a spring on my steps.

 

Lunch finally comes and I want to run to the restaurant where Taeyeon and I would be having lunch. But I don’t want to be sweaty when I arrive. So I walk like a normal person instead.

 

“Fany-ah!”

 

Damn. Sooyoung is standing near the elevator.

 

“You’re out on time.” She smirks at me. I already closed my laptop 5 minutes before lunchtime and literally watch the time ticks until I could go.

“I’m always on time.”

She snorts, “When you’re going for a date with your girlfriend.”

I told my friends at work about Taeyeon last week when she’s in Japan.

I grin at her, “Where’s the others?”

“Juhyun still got stuff to do so she’s eating at her desk and Hyo is already at the lobby.”

 

The elevator’s door opens and it’s empty.

 

“So when can we eat with your precious girlfriend?”

“Soon.” I answer cheekily.

“Sheesh. You spend so much time just the two of you already.”

“Wha- we’ve only been official for a week!”

“True. But you have thousands of lunches together before that.”

I laugh, “Don’t exaggerated, Soo.”

She sighs and shakes her head dramatically, “And we, your trusted friends at work, only get to have lunch with you if the girlfriend is away. I feel used.”

Sooyoung can play the guilt trip very well, can’t she?

“Oh, fine. I will tell her that you guys will join us tomorrow.”

She looks at me with victorious smile, “I’ll make sure Juhyun finish her work way before lunchtime comes tomorrow!”

 

We parted ways once we reach the lobby and when I approach the restaurant, I see Taeyeon is about to enter.

 

“Taeyeon!”

She turns around and our eyes met. She smiles and stretches out her hand to me. I quicken my steps and hold it.

 

“Hey~”

We enter the restaurant together and if it’s not for existence of other people, I would give her a kiss. Not a friendly kiss on the cheek, but a lover kiss on the lips.  

“Hi!”

 

Thank God for self-control.

We got seated immediately since the restaurant is not that full. The waiter gives us menus and leaves us alone, knowing that we would take some time to order.

 

I put my focus on the menu and feeling hungry all of the sudden. Everything looks good!

 

“What are you going to order, Tae?”

I don’t hear a reply so I look up from my menu...................... to find Kim Taeyeon is staring at me with a small smile on her face. I can’t really explain what kind of a look she’s giving me, but surely it’s intense and I feel my stomach lurch.

 

Is it a fascination? She’s fascinated by me?

No, it’s more like adoration.

 

But then again, it’s really close to........ love?

 

I look down at my menu again as that thought comes to mind. Love? Really?

 

“You haven’t decided yet?” I ask again and cover my whole face with this big menu. Since my face’s starting to feel warm, indicating blushes start forming on my cheeks.

 

Still no response for her so I take a peek from behind my menu.

She’s still staring at me!

 

I hide my face again and hear a chuckle, “You know what you’re going to order, Fany-ah?”

 

I brave myself to put down my menu and answer, “Yes.”

 

Thankfully, she has her eyes on the menu this time.

“Mmmm, okay. I think I’m going to order udon. Let’s call the waiter.”

 

She raises her hand and the same waiter that gives us the menus come running. We order our food and we start to talk like usual. But that look Taeyeon gave me before still rattles me.

 

Is it love?

 

*   

 

We didn’t hang out with the others this Saturday. They all have other things to do so it’s only the two of us and it’s not a bad thing actually since we could go for a date.

The date went like a normal date, which consists of walking around the mall, lunch, a movie, and dinner. But it’s perfect. It’s a perfect regular date and I don’t mind doing it every single day.

 

Of course, Taeyeon won’t let me go home after that. She wants me to stay over again. No surprise that I also want to stay over and spend every waking minute with her.

 

“So you still have new toothbrush that you stole from hotels that I can use?” I once we arrive at her apartment.

She chuckles, “I have something better. Wait here.”

She goes to her bedroom and I sit on her couch while turning the TV on.

 

Wow, look at me. Feeling at home already.

 

Taeyeon comes back with a pouch on her hand and pink pajamas on the other. She sits beside me, put the pajamas on her lap, and shows me the pouch with a smile. It has my name on it, ‘Miyoungie’ written with a marker.

 

 I raise my eyebrows and she starts to open it.  

 

She pulls out a pink toothbrush and grins, “Your personal toothbrush.”

She hands me the toothbrush and I laugh, “Thank you. That’s very thoughtful of you. But how about my night crea-”

She pulls out a night cream from the pouch. Not just a night cream. It is the brand I use.

“How do you know?”

She smiles cheekily, “I ask Yuri’s help to look in your room.”

I can’t help but smile, “Sneaky.”

She hands me the pajamas next, “I bought the same one for me in purple. As for the underwear.....” she suddenly looks embarrassed, “ummm I still have lots of unused disposable underwear.”

I know exactly why she’s blushing because the thought of Taeyeon buying me got my hormones running wild.

She clears , “I’ll make breakfast tomorrow morning. Therefore you can’t possibly say no to staying over, right?” the cute smile comes back to her face.

 

Oh Kim Taeyeon, you have no idea how cute you are. I’ll stay here forever if I can.

 

“I’m not even thinking of saying no.”

She smiles the kind of smile that’s asking for a kiss so I lean over to give her one.

 

*

 

I finish taking a shower and wearing the pajamas Tayeon gave me. I look at the toothbrush on the sink and my night cream again. It’s like I live here already. Omo. Moving in with Taeyeon? Whoa that’s fast. Hit the brake, Fany-ah. Slow down.

 

I got out from the bathroom and Taeyeon is already lying on the bed wearing a purple pajama with her cellphone on her hands. She looks at me and smiles but doesn’t put her cellphone down. When I’m getting on the bed, her attention is already on her cellphone again.

 

I roll to my side and move on top of her.

 

She looks at me, “What are you doing?”

I don’t answer her and put down all my weight on her.

“Oof!” I heard her groan and I push myself up again, leaning on my elbows that are on each side of her head.

“Yah! I’m not that heavy!”

She laughs and finally puts her cellphone on the bedside table.

I’m about to get off of her but she stops me by putting her hands on my waist.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t want to suffocate you.”

She chortles and pushes me down, “You’re as light as a feather, Fany-ah.”

I roll my eyes and try to get off of her again, but she hugs me even tighter, “And I like being this close to you.”     

She lifts her head to give me a peck on my lips and I finally relented. As I lean down to kiss her, I feel her hands move and next thing I know I’m laughing while trying to stop her tickling me.

“Taetae! Stop!!”

I got off of her but she doesn’t stop and she ends up straddling me when I try to grab both of her hands.

She finally stops after I succeeded in grabbing her hands.

“Why you like tickling me so much?” I ask her breathlessly. She interlaces our fingers and smiles down at me, “Because I love hearing your laughter.”

I pout, trying to suppress the butterflies in my stomach, “You don’t have to tickle me.”

“What can I do then?”

She leans forward and makes herself comfortable on top of me.

“I don’t know. Tell a joke?”

She laughs again, “I’m not a comedian.”

I can’t help to smile hearing her cute laugh, “I love your laughter too.”

 

She looks straight at me with that gaze again. Omo.

 

“Fany-ah...” she whispers.

“Hmm?”

“I know this is probably too fast. But I love you.”

 

I freeze and widen my eyes. What? Did she just really say she loves me? My brain tries to comprehend every syllable she just said.

 

Taeyeon interprets my slow ability to respond wrongly and she looks nervous now.

She tries to get off of me, “I’m sorry. It’s too fast, isn’t-”

 

I stop her movement by grabbing her cheeks and pull. Our noses bump but I don’t care. I kiss her with all my might. She kisses me back with the same intensity. Once we pull away to get air and her eyes are still close, I whisper, “I love you too, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

She opens her eyes in an instant and smiles widely. I smile back and she starts to pepper my face with kisses.

 

A make out session follows after that and my hands start to roam. Hers too albeit cautiously. My hand goes inside her pajama top and I can feel her smooth bare skin. I think my action makes her feel bold enough to my pajama top. I gasp and break the kiss.

 

“Tae.....” I pull my hand out of her pajama top.

She pulls away a little bit, “Fany-ah, I won’t leave you. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next month, not ever.”

I still feel scared somehow even after she says she loves me and states that she won’t leave me.

She pushes herself up on her elbow and my cheek tenderly, “To be honest, I was afraid too you know.”

I raise my eyebrows.

“Of being cheated on.”

I widen my eyes, “I would never cheat on you!”

She smiles and lean her forehead on mine, “Was. I said I was afraid. But then you make me feel all kind of feelings and I know you would never cheat on me or hurt me on purpose. I trust you.”

She pecks my lips and kisses my cheek, “So please trust me too?”      

 

She looks at me with that gaze again. I know now that it’s definitely love.

 

I finally nod and she smiles, “I promise I’ll be gentle.”

 

*

 

I wake up with a jolt. Where is she? Where’s Taeyeon?

I look to the other side of the bed and her side greets me. I let out a sigh of relief. But, wait. What time it is? I roll to my side again and check the time.

 

3:08 am.

 

Well of course she’s still here. Nobody would leave at this time of night. I turn my body to face her back again. There’s a faint of scratch mark on it. My doing. I blush. We really did it last night and it’s mind-blowing. She’s really amazing and it makes me love her even more. Goodness, get hold of yourself, Tiffany Hwang!

 

I heave another sigh, but not out of relief this time and scoot closer to her. I hug her from behind.

 

Don’t leave me, Taetae.

 

*

 

There’s something soft on my collarbone. I try to move, but I can’t. Then the soft thing moves to my neck. I try moving again to no avail.

I finally open my eyes and I see hair.

 

What the? Whose hair is-

 

Taeyeon!

 

“Taetae?” I speak drowsily.

She moves up to my eye level and loosens up her hold on my torso, “You’re up. Good morning.”

“Morning.” I take a couple of seconds before my mind really wakes up and realizes Kim Taeyeon is in front of me. She’s here. She’s not leaving.

 

I freed my arm from her hold and put my hand on her cheek, “You’re still here.”

She smiles, “Where would I go?” and then she chuckles, “This is my home, Miyoungie.”

 

Shoot. That’s right. I stayed over at her apartment. It’s not that she wouldn’t leave, but she couldn’t. This is her place.

 

I unconsciously frown and her smile is gone, “You still doubt me?”

“I’m not doubting you. It’s just.....” I her cheek with my thumb.

“It’s just what?” she pulls me closer.

 

I’m not sure myself. I trust her and I know she wouldn’t leave me, but am I still afraid of having ?

 

“Let’s do it again.”

She looks confused, “Do what?”

“Make love to me again, Taetae.”

She laughs hard.

“Why are you laughing? Taetae! I’m being serious here.”

Her laughter dies down, “I would love to do it again with you. But it’s just funny how you’re afraid of it before and now you suddenly want to do it first thing in the morning.”

I’m blushing. It is kind of weird. But I just want to know if the fear is still there or not. I was going to stop her last night before our talk and I flinched once or twice. So I’m curious if we do it again now, when morning comes and after she experienced it with me once.

 

“I flinched last night. Didn’t you notice it?”

Her eyes is gentle now, “I did.”

“So I want to try again now. To see if I still flinch or not. Because I do trust you, Taeyeon-ah. But my body.....”

She looks at me and smiles understandably, “Okay. Let’s do it again.” She pecks me and speaks again while grinning, “Honestly, I would love to do it over and over and over again today to see if you’re still flinching or not.”

“Yah! ert.” I slap her upper arm because my whole body turns red to think that we’re going to make love all day.

She laughs again before she kisses me passionately.

 

*

 

Taeyeon lies down beside me, with ragged breathing, “No flinch.”

I smile but don’t reply since I’m still trying to regain my breath.

I hold her hand and turn my head to her after a few seconds, “Nope. I didn’t flinch.”

She turns her head to face me and smiles.

I put our joined hands to my lips and kiss her hand, “I love you, Kim Taeyeon.”

She smiles even wider and turns her body toward me, “I love you too, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung.”

 

 

 

THE END

 

 


 

Hi, everybody!! I finally finished this story :D YAY! I'm sorry it took me sooooo long to update. But nevertheless, I really want to thank all of you who subscribed, upvoted, and commented! I hope this story can at least put a smile on your face :) 

 

Thank you again <3