Eleven

That Cute Friend

 

“YOU WHAT?!”

 

A couple of people look at us curiously. Thank God there’s only a handful of people in this restaurant and they’re not really nosy. So they only spare us a glance before going back to their business.

“Shhh! Yah! You don’t have to shout!” I put a finger on my lips but Soonkyu’s eyes are still wide and shock still written all over her face.

I was confused and I needed someone to talk to after what happened this morning. Of course, Soonkyu is the one I would call up.

 

“Whatever happen to ‘not doing anything about your feelings’?!” she hissed.

“I didn’t know what I was doing! It’s definitely the alcohol, Soonkyu.”

She scoffs, “Yeah, right. Champagne can’t make you drunk, Hwang Miyoung.”

“I haven’t eaten anything before, okay.”

She folds her arms across her chest and frowns, “This is bad.”

 

Honestly, I thought Soonkyu would be at least a little bit excited when I told her about what happened.

“Why is this bad? I thought you’d be jumping for joy knowing that I did something about my feelings.”

She shakes her head, “Not like this! The two of you should be together after she broke up with her girlfriend, not before. Do you know what happen to Taeyeon’s last relationship?”

“What? Yes, she told me about it. Her ex-fiancé was cheating on her.”

“Exactly. Taeyeon hates cheater. But now, she must think that she’s no better than him, because basically you make her cheat on her girlfriend!”

 

That is bad. But........... but it’s not even a proper kiss! Besides, isn’t this what Soonkyu wants? For them to break up?

 

“Wait a second, why are you concern about her girlfriend now? Isn’t this what you want? To break their relationship?”

She looks surprised again, “Wow, I’m sorry, Miyoung-ah. But what makes you so sure that they will break up because of this?”

“I…..I..” That’s surprisingly right. Why would Taeyeon break up with her girlfriend because I kiss her? The thing that she would do is probably avoiding me, wouldn’t she?

My worst-case scenario is happening. And it’s because of me being so stupid.

“Miyoung-ah, I’m really sorry. I don’t know how Taeyeon feels or what she’s going to do, but I don’t think your friendship with her would be the same anymore.”

 

 

Damn it. I’m losing her.

 

*

 

I got out from her place as quick as I can. What in the world just happened?!

 

Did she just kiss me? Why did she do that?

 

 

Does she…. like me in that way?

 

 

 

No way. We’re just friends.

 

But….. then…… why did my heart beat so fast and I had this urge to…. to… kiss her back?

 

I shake my head. No, no. I can’t feel this way. I have a girlfriend.

 

Maybe..... maybe it’s because I haven’t seen my girlfriend for long and I miss her. Add up the alcohol too.

 

Yes, that must be it.

 

I’m not cheating on my girlfriend.

I’m not. I’m not him. I would never cheat on anybody.

 

Tiffany’s face pops up in my mind. Times we spent together follows after that. And her lips...... my hand unconsciously goes to my lips. I could still feel hers and the tingling feeling it left me.

 

No, wait! Stop! ARGH!

I literally let out a loud groan in this not so empty parking lot.

 

What should I do? Going back to Tiffany’s apartment is definitely not what I need right now.

 

I let out a curse. Tiffany again?! Whether I’m confused, mad, or happy why is she the one that keeps come first to my mind? I should’ve think about my girlfriend.

 

My girlfriend. That’s right. I should just meet her. She said she has work to do today. But that doesn’t mean she won’t come home tonight, right?

I can surprise her by waiting for her at her apartment. I still remember her passcode and I can surprise her. It’d still be our anniversary’s celebration.

 

Right. That’s what I should do the moment she told me she has work to do. What was I thinking? Why did I got disappointed so easily and went to Tiffany’s instead?

 

Damn it. I should stop thinking about Tiffany. I have a girlfriend. I’m going to meet her today regardless and everything will be fine.

 

I’m not a cheater. I am certainly not.